Oil Leak - oil pressure switch

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
Gang, the gt350's are known to have issues with leaking from the oil pressure switch. I currently have an oil leak issue with my pp gt, it has gone from occasional drops to a few very noticeable drops after driving, it has gotten worse each time afer overheating the car at track days. I would assume increased pressure from overheating.

Any regular GTs out there having the same issues?
Sponsored

OP
OP
jabrax

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
Finally getting under there. Removed the driver side wheel. It's really tough to see the source. Definitely not the filter, someplace above it, but cant get an angle to really see. Is this the oil pressure switch? If so, thats not the source of my leak.
20190512_151754.jpg

Noticing plenty of oil at these two spots.

20190512_151616.jpg
20190512_152524.jpg

SKKRRTTBOIGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 mustang GT PP
Finally getting under there. Removed the driver side wheel. It's really tough to see the source. Definitely not the filter, someplace above it, but cant get an angle to really see. Is this the oil pressure switch? If so, thats not the source of my leak.
20190512_151754.jpg

Noticing plenty of oil at these two spots.

20190512_151616.jpg
20190512_152524.jpg
Hey OP, did you figure out what was causing the leak? I have a nearly identical leak coming from my car

OP
OP
jabrax

jabrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red PP GT
Hey OP, did you figure out what was causing the leak? I have a nearly identical leak coming from my car
Yes - It was the oil pressure switch, when the car is sitting you really cant tell. Thanks to the links provided by Grimace i eventually came across a post about a way to see for sure.
Get your eyes on the oil pressure switch with light if you can see and start the car, you will then see the oil oozing from around the switch, it runs over and around the oil filter to make it look like its coming from the filter area :)

The fix is easy, just remove and reinstall with the proper thread sealant or thread tape. It could be a PIA to get to. I had to configure sockets and extensions to reach from the bottom because procharger prevented me from reaching from the top. I did it a year ago, and no issues

SKKRRTTBOIGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 mustang GT PP
Yes - It was the oil pressure switch, when the car is sitting you really cant tell. Thanks to the links provided by Grimace i eventually came across a post about a way to see for sure.
Get your eyes on the oil pressure switch with light if you can see and start the car, you will then see the oil oozing from around the switch, it runs over and around the oil filter to make it look like its coming from the filter area :)

The fix is easy, just remove and reinstall with the proper thread sealant or thread tape. It could be a PIA to get to. I had to configure sockets and extensions to reach from the bottom because procharger prevented me from reaching from the top. I did it a year ago, and no issues
Wow this is definitely gonna help me narrow down the leak, thanks a bunch dude! I was looking for possible causes but to no avail. It's a deceiving leak because it looks like it's coming out of the filter area but when you look closer it's something further up
Sponsored