OP

mlabrot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT w/ PP
I am partial to HPT since I've been using it since 2009 on several platforms and I already invested the money in the hardware.

Also, I'm not sure if you can download the tune editor software for SCT like you can with HPT to be able to access all of the parameters. I know in the Diablosport world, only verified vendors have access to the full tuning software, while consumers can only purchase the handheld units and make minor adjustments themselves. I suspect SCT is the same.
They have a pro racer package for the software but you need the handheld regardless. Not sure what access you get though.
Sponsored

Volstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
By locked, I mean you cannot read the tune and see the parameters. The tune is encrypted. It’s done to protect Intellectual Property. Even when you data log PIDs using an NGauge you can only read so much. Not saying you can’t see useful info but the pros have to protect what they do or everyone would copy it. There is a method to tuning and there is lots of info out there and people willing to help and places who will teach you (for a nominal fee) and you can learn and enjoy the process. Or you can pay someone who knows what they’re doing and skip all that.

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
Your best bet is to read your stock tune, then compare to the PP2/3 from the HPT forums and copy the spark/fuel maps. That would be a decent start. Turn off clutch protection, raise the TQ limits and rev limits. Just remember that the PP2/3 use the GT350 TB so you don't want to use any of the tb data from the tune, nor the MAF scaling. Compare feature is great for learning what is changed then figuring out why it changed. I know VCT is identical to stock on the PP2/3 so no worries on changing that or the Mapped Point schedule.

I'm not 100% on how Lund and others "lock" their tunes, but I suspect they use a custom operating system (build file etc) that is not defined for the public via HPTuners. I know if you try to use VCMScanner while running a Lund tune you can only log a handfull of parameters, and they are all generic SAE ones.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Your best bet is to read your stock tune, then compare to the PP2/3 from the HPT forums and copy the spark/fuel maps. That would be a decent start. Turn off clutch protection, raise the TQ limits and rev limits. Just remember that the PP2/3 use the GT350 TB so you don't want to use any of the tb data from the tune, nor the MAF scaling. Compare feature is great for learning what is changed then figuring out why it changed. I know VCT is identical to stock on the PP2/3 so no worries on changing that or the Mapped Point schedule.

I'm not 100% on how Lund and others "lock" their tunes, but I suspect they use a custom operating system (build file etc) that is not defined for the public via HPTuners. I know if you try to use VCMScanner while running a Lund tune you can only log a handfull of parameters, and they are all generic SAE ones.
Well VCMscannner is one thing, but do you know what happens when you try the read function of VCMeditor?

OP, looks like your best bet is to go off the PP2/3 file that is available on the repository and is not locked (eg I was able to rear the entire tune off my pcm so Ford doesn't lock it).

Those tune files are pretty solid, there have been several examples of a custom tune making the same or maybe a few hp more so nothing ground-breaking. If you have the stock intake/tb use the stock maf and tb tables. The rest is the same

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
Well VCMscannner is one thing, but do you know what happens when you try the read function of VCMeditor?
It won't let you open it.
Sponsored