LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone done the Lethal Performance resonator delete?
I have the shifteck but lethals stainless is of better quality but doesn't warrant the extra cost in my opinion. With that said I'm sure it sounds identical to the shifteck.
Which I may add sounds GREAT!
Sponsored

19-kilo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2011 SVT Raptor, 6.2L
I have searched youtube and the forum and only found one video of the MBRP x pipe resonator delete.

Anyone here done the MBRP X pipe? I am wanting to compare it to the Shifteck sound.

Could anyone describe the sound or have a video?

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
I have searched youtube and the forum and only found one video of the MBRP x pipe resonator delete.

Anyone here done the MBRP X pipe? I am wanting to compare it to the Shifteck sound.

Could anyone describe the sound or have a video?
The two will sound identical.

19-kilo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2011 SVT Raptor, 6.2L
I see that the MBRP pipe moves the X about 6" further back from the stock location (I think the Shifteck preserves the stock X pipe placement). From what I know, the movement of the X will change the sound.

It's a little hard to tell, but this video makes it seem deeper tone than stock.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
When it comes to SOUND only an X pipe is an X pipe is an X pipe. The Shiftech, Lethal, MBRP, home made in the garage, stock with a resonator delete, and even the Corsa pipe will all sound exactly, and I mean EXACTLY the same. Period. End of story.

The attenuation that happens between switching from an X pipe to an H pipe is when the sound actually gets different and it's subtle. You pretty much need to listen to them side by side to notice. This is because the fundamental characteristics of the car's sound always and will start with the engine and the overall length of the primary tubing of the entire exhaust system no matter how much attenuation you go through even with mufflers for that matter as well. That's why a Mustang "sounds like a Mustang" and a Corvette "sounds like a Corvette." Why does a Corvette sound different from a Camaro despite the same engine? Primary length tubing. The Vette's is much shorter.

Some have said my Corsa Double X pipe sounds different than other X pipes and that may be true. But the level of scrutinizing that requires to notice though means lining my car up right next to another R or res delete car and basically having an exhaust-off.

Of course if you really want your car to truly have a different characteristic, you need to change mufflers.

BAD350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vance
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Has anyone had any trouble with Shifteck? I ordered the resonator delete from them over three weeks ago and still haven't received it. Now I'm just asking for a refund and I get no response from the company.

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Has anyone had any trouble with Shifteck? I ordered the resonator delete from them over three weeks ago and still haven't received it. Now I'm just asking for a refund and I get no response from the company.
Most on here will praise them. I personally have never delt with them on anything. Their resonator delete sounds great though. But all the options available for the 350 sound very similar in my opinion. I have seen a couple of post in the past about complaints of their customer service, and that it is really lacking, and it was hard to get in-touch with them.

BAD350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vance
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I'm not sure what I should do now. There not responding to my emails and they won't answer there phone. Should I file a claim with PayPal?

I had a appointment to install it today at my local shop, but I had to cancel.

Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I went the simple route. I found a good muffler shop that had done plenty of resonator deletes, and had them cut the resonators out and weld in straight pipes in their place.
Essentially, I now have the "R" exhaust I believe. The factory X-pipe remains in place as you can see:
IMG_4050.JPG
IMG_4052.JPG
IMG_4053.JPG
IMG_4054.JPG
IMG_4056.JPG

The guy charged me $150.00 and his welds looked top notch.

Last edited:

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I used the shifteck and my muffles are uneven on the drivers side. I actually do not think it sounds better just different.

LIGHTNING350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 shelby Gt350
Vehicle Showcase
I used the shifteck and my muffles are uneven on the drivers side. I actually do not think it sounds better just different.
Bad installer. Get someone competent!
Emphasis on "think".

BAD350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vance
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
My question was, if it has been more than three weeks and I can't get a hold of Shifteck what do i do?
Sponsored