Grabber Lime GT500

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
If the wing is about looks to you then it serves no functional purpose as it sounds like you'll never track the car. The "Base" car should be coming with something that works better for you.
If the wing is about looks to you then it serves no functional purpose as it sounds like you'll never track the car. The "Base" car should be coming with something that works better for you.
Point well taken, I don't plan on tracking the car, but it would be nice to have all the goodies. I bought the 16 Track Pack with no intent
of tracking but sure love driving it. :cwl::cwl:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I can say, having spent last year surrounded by GT4 Mustangs at various IMSA races across the country, that the wing is an extremely impressive piece. I still can't believe the GT500 is getting that wing.

I just hope Ford includes some security hardware with them. Otherwise, one allen key and two minutes later and your wing is long gone.

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Actually the larger issue for me is do I wait for a manual ??? I've never driven a DCT and am curious but a manual would be
hard to pass up. Maybe one of each with a wing on one. :) :) :)

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
I can say, having spent last year surrounded by GT4 Mustangs at various IMSA races across the country, that the wing is an extremely impressive piece. I still can't believe the GT500 is getting that wing.

I just hope Ford includes some security hardware with them. Otherwise, one allen key and two minutes later and your wing is long gone.
Now that would be bitch have a sleaze ball steal my carbon fiber wing. They will have to do something, insurance companies
will not like paying for carbon fiber anything.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Literally only seconds to remove each fastener and this wing is long gone.

_2019_NAIAS_204.jpg

_2019_NAIAS_206.jpg

A better design (for a car that will be parked unattended on the street at times) would have included a permanent style pivot in between each of the fasteners you see such that you can still remove the fasteners but the pivot would have kept the wing anchored to the bases on each side. Then again, a cordless sawzall and you could buzz through the bases/stands very quickly.

Last edited:

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red

_2019_NAIAS_204.jpg

_2019_NAIAS_206.jpg

A better design (for a car that will be parked unattended on the street at times) would have included a permanent style pivot in between each of the fasteners you see such that you can still remove the fasteners but the pivot would have kept the wing anchored to the bases on each side. Then again, a cordless sawzall and you could buzz through the bases/stands very quickly.
I have been thinking about that also. I was talking to my brother the other day and I was like, what if I go into the store and come back out 10 minutes later and my wing is gone. There goes $10,000

South40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Lincoln, 2013 Ford Raptor
I have been thinking about that also. I was talking to my brother the other day and I was like, what if I go into the store and come back out 10 minutes later and my wing is gone. There goes $10,000
You could swap out the bolts and nuts for some of these. It would deter most people.
https://www.brycefastener.com/

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P

Heck, if Ford had some forward thinking, they should offer some kind of second, modular trunk lid with no wing, high quality fasteners on the interior, maybe some kind of quick release hinges.

Assuming it's just a Coupe trunk lid - which I think is the case - I'd definitely invest in a street trunk for a few hundred bucks.

You could swap out the bolts and nuts for some of these. It would deter most people.
https://www.brycefastener.com/
Nice, yeah, a friend of mine had a really high end catering trailer/rig fabricated, and some of the exterior fasteners for things like LP tanks, generators, etc., used tamper-proof fasteners (not sure if the same brand, but certainly the same sort of design).

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Yes, don't buy that option.

If you want all the other CF stuff, buy the CF track option and then buy a spare decklid and have it painted. Then sell me your wing.
The wing is cool, but..

...you can get the track pack option and sell me the wheels!! If it's anything like the GT350R, the carbon fiber wheels will be the one thing that truly makes this car amazing - especially on the road course. I've wanted the GT350 CF wheels for years, but the GT500 wheels are much better looking.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
The wing is cool, but..

...you can get the track pack option and sell me the wheels!! If it's anything like the GT350R, the carbon fiber wheels will be the one thing that truly makes this car amazing - especially on the road course. I've wanted the GT350 CF wheels for years, but the GT500 wheels are much better looking.
And the first thing I will do is remove the wheels when I take delivery. Have you seen the caliper clearance? Get a rock chip caught between the caliper and the wheel and well, ask me how I know.......

The wing might be fun to throw on one of my Rs....

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
And the first thing I will do is remove the wheels when I take delivery. Have you seen the caliper clearance? Get a rock chip caught between the caliper and the wheel and well, ask me how I know.......

Plenty of clearance for my GT350 brakes. Win win.

I totally understand not running them. That's why I don't have an R. I can barely swing the regular GT350.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red

I guess you will only use the carbon fiber wheels when your at the track??

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible