Sponsored

2018+ RTR hood vents + Roush corner pockets - pics?

90Notch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver GT PP1 A10
Looking for pics of 2018+ with RTR hood vents, specifically on silver if possible. I think I like them better than the Roush ones. Also, anyone running the Roush corner pocket inserts for the front fascia? I looked on google and in the pics forum but didn't really find what I was looking for.
Sponsored

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost Premium+ Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed the Roush corner pockets and I think they look great! I've had a lot of positive comments on them and just won an appearance award this past weekend after installing them.
IMG_E0155.JPG

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
I just installed the Roush corner pockets and I think they look great! I've had a lot of positive comments on them and just won an appearance award this past weekend after installing them.
IMG_E0155.JPG
What splitter is that?

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
Those roush pockets look really nice with that front splitter !!I'm currently using the roush three-piece3 piece chin spitter with the airdesign air curtains and have there Hood vent on the way

Sponsored

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Those roush pockets look really nice with that front splitter !!I'm currently using the roush three-piece3 piece chin spitter with the airdesign air curtains and have there Hood vent on the way
Thanks! It definitely gives it a more refined and aggressive look. Unfortunately the Roush lower grill wasn’t compatible with my ACC. I will probably be putting in the RTR lower to match my upper grill since it IS compatible with ACC. I will be getting the Roush hood vents though to complete the theme, at least until I change out the hood later on in the year.

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
Thanks! It definitely gives it a more refined and aggressive look. Unfortunately the Roush lower grill wasn’t compatible with my ACC. I will probably be putting in the RTR lower to match my upper grill since it IS compatible with ACC. I will be getting the Roush hood vents though to complete the theme, at least until I change out the hood later on in the year.
I just used the roush bottom Chin splitter ..not the roush bottom grill ..that is a glossy black bullet style grill I used ..I'm changing my hood vents as well to the air designs ones ..late l one I plan on putting a Shelby supersnake hood on.

MegaMagneticStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Turbo Mustang all Magnetic
here are your roush vents on a magnetic silver (my car lol). they are sweet looking, but the price is a kick in the pants :(

word of advice for install should you choose to purchase: I did NOT bother to drill big holes in my hood to attach these things like in the instructions. Nor did i bother to remove the plastic from under the hood. i just slapped them on and bolted them through the stock holes. there is a slight gap at the back end towards the windshield (prob why they want you to bolt them to your hood there) but that to me is just a shitty design, like most of Roush's stuff. otherwise putting the black vinyl on took longer than the vents to install them.
20190424_105743.jpg
20190424_105751.jpg
20190424_105758.jpg
20190424_105804.jpg
20190424_105807.jpg
20190424_105813.jpg
20190424_105840.jpg

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Now that I've seen them on your car, I want them on mine even more! This is all I need to finish the look of the front end except for a windshield banner. Like you, I would rather not drill or cut OEM body parts, but in some cases I will when:
  • Required - It greatly enhances the look of the car
  • Required - It isn't something I would ever remove or would require removal
  • Optional - It is or can be made functional, i.e. brake cooling or heat extraction.
When I get the Roush Hood Heat Extractors, I will probably open up the tiny OEM vent holes to better evacuate heat. See image below I borrowed from another post. I would never take them off (unless replacing due to damage) and if I got rid of the hood for another, they would go with the hood.
282f8e38-e393-42cc-881b-f602977221e2-jpeg.jpg

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Question about ROUSH corner pockets:

If it’s a PP equipped 18/19, don’t the ROUSH pockets then block off the vented air inlet for the brake cooling affect?

Sponsored

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

If it’s a PP equipped 18/19, don’t the ROUSH pockets then block off the vented air inlet for the brake cooling affect?
You can modify the Roush Corner pocket and make the rear vent functional in much the same way you do blocked off grill honeycombs.

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)

Yes ..but carefully you drill out the holes in the ROUSH pockets

MegaMagneticStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Turbo Mustang all Magnetic
you would think Roush being "performance oriented" would have just kept the freaking holes in those things. yet another reason i didnt get them, even though i like them. that with the drill holes, drill more holes, now run the drill to make a big long slot hole, was stupid. im pretty sure they could have made that thing to fit into the pocket with 3M tape and you not have to remove anything. but they seem lazy with regards to stuff like that, and just love making you cut your car up for basic slap on parts.

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes ..but carefully you drill out the holes in the ROUSH pockets
LOL. I'm always careful when I cut or drill on anything on my car or an add-on part. Read/look/measure 10x, cut/drill once. No coming back from an oops where due care wasn't used unless you're extremely lucky or throw $$$.

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just used the roush bottom Chin splitter ..not the roush bottom grill ..that is a glossy black bullet style grill I used ..I'm changing my hood vents as well to the air designs ones ..late l one I plan on putting a Shelby supersnake hood on.
I have the Roush Hood Heat Extractors on the way! I expect that I will be opening up the tiny hole under the vents to get more hot air out of the engine bay more quickly. I'll be putting them on next week and will post pics then.
Sponsored