Street/Strip set up

TM82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I"m kicking the idea of ditching the Koni Yellows and BMR performance set up to go with Viking rears and BMR Drag springs however I'm curious as to what everyone is running for a front strut?
Sponsored

NVRENUF

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I run Viking rears and Koni single adjustable up front, but I’m not running drag springs.

NVRENUF

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
It
How is the ride and handling on the roads?
It’s great, once you have adjustable shocks there is no way to go back. I run them full loose at the track up front but can stiffen them for the road and tighten them up further for Autocross. I’m running Eibach springs. I love the Viking double adjustable but the Koni’s up front are way easier to adjust, just pop the hood and it’s on top of the shock.

I’ve only been to this the strip once so far with this combo because of the winter but was able to do 1.7 60ft on 20” Toyo’s leaving on no boost. I’m sure I can get that down with a two step and seat time. Nice to be able to drive up to the track, dial your shocks and lay down some good times.

OP
OP

TM82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
It

It’s great, once you have adjustable shocks there is no way to go back. I run them full loose at the track up front but can stiffen them for the road and tighten them up further for Autocross. I’m running Eibach springs. I love the Viking double adjustable but the Koni’s up front are way easier to adjust, just pop the hood and it’s on top of the shock.

I’ve only been to this the strip once so far with this combo because of the winter but was able to do 1.7 60ft on 20” Toyo’s leaving on no boost. I’m sure I can get that down with a two step and seat time. Nice to be able to drive up to the track, dial your shocks and lay down some good times.

Sounds like you have a nice all round set up! I was curious how the Vikings were in a more cornering style since they are mainly designed for straight line. I'm trying to get the car set up to put all 430 WHP to the pavement. I love my yellows but the wheelhop is crazy so I'll be adding cradle locks from BMR here soon.

Sponsored

NVRENUF

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Sounds like you have a nice all round set up! I was curious how the Vikings were in a more cornering style since they are mainly designed for straight line. I'm trying to get the car set up to put all 430 WHP to the pavement. I love my yellows but the wheelhop is crazy so I'll be adding cradle locks from BMR here soon.

I am auto and have the BMR anti hop stuff. I was at 4000DA but putting 820hp corrected to the pavement and they work great. You won’t be disappointed. I run the Vikings on my 03 Cobra and 07 Z06 as well, I swear by them. One of the best all around mods I’ve made.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Steeda non adj pro actions, bmr080, see sig for 60ft.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
If your drag racing a manual, a set of bias ply slicks should be your first mod. Even when my suspension was stock it launched great on slicks, they do not wheel hop like a radial will. I mainly did all the suspension mods because the wheel hop was unbearable on the street but it definitely helps getting the power down. Upgrading the axles and clutch didn't help my 60 ft at all but it upped my confidence of being able to drive home!

Last edited:

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
contact Kelly at BMR for his no hop recipe. Great peeps.

OP
OP

TM82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
If your drag racing a manual, a set of bias ply slicks should be your first mod. Even when my suspension was stock it launched great on slicks, they do not wheel hop like a radial will. I mainly did all the suspension mods because the wheel hop was unbearable on the street but it definitely helps getting the power down. Upgrading the axles and clutch didn't help my 60 ft at all but it upped my confidence of being able to drive home!
Mainly street driving, I'll probably only do a few track days in the reality of things. Even the smallest wheel spin on radials is HORRIBLE!

contact Kelly at BMR for his no hop recipe. Great peeps.
I've been looking at BMR stuff, probably my go to suspension people. I like their products and their prices.

Sponsored

KYLExKILLJOY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50 years, 2003 Mach 1 D1sc, 2002 4.2L
I went 12.2 on et street s/s radials
mt82 car / stock clutch / axles, cradle lockouts, vertical links / headers / lund tune.

Prob would have went faster but stock clutch hated my hotlaps :D

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Went 9.7 on a street ss 305/45/17.with a 4.0 60.ft.Car hooks great on the street and track.Great all around tire,only problem i have is at the track the tire spinning on the wheel and knocking the tire out of balance.

OP
OP

TM82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I went 12.2 on et street s/s radials
mt82 car / stock clutch / axles, cradle lockouts, vertical links / headers / lund tune.

Prob would have went faster but stock clutch hated my hotlaps :D

I'm an 82 car as well on stock axles, clutch, and driveshaft. I'm putting 430 to the wheels and pilot sport 4s
Sponsored