Sponsored

Accessport for the Euro Ecoboost

Nicolas05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB Oxford White
Dont know what that translates to but i've had 40mpg out of mine.
:eyebulge: Wow, the very best I ever got is 9,5l/100km or around 24mpg

Average now after 8000km is 13l/100km or 18mpg... :headbonk:
I do however lots of city driving and on the highway I mostly drive around 155km/h or 95mph
Sponsored

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
:eyebulge: Wow, the very best I ever got is 9,5l/100km or around 24mpg

Average now after 8000km is 13l/100km or 18mpg... :headbonk:
I do however lots of city driving and on the highway I mostly drive around 155km/h or 95mph
I do a lot of city driving too, I'll get around 26-28mpg city, and 35-40mpg highway @ about 75mph. Anything over 75 and the turbo is spooling which is when it starts drinking fuel! Our speed limit is 70mph anyway.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Guys are you both referring to UK MPG or US MPG? :)

Nicolas05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB Oxford White
But as you say, I think it has a lot to do with the driving style. :)

Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Re: accessport, many are sold on the forum marketplace with the text "unmarried".
Do you know what this means?
These seems to be cheaper than buying new, but I don't know how it works about maps and if it's ok for Cobb.
Again: for using Adam' tune we need the Cobb Accessport and use it with Adam maps instead of Cobb's one?

MustangMustHaves

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mustangmusthaves.be
First Name
PJ
Vehicle(s)
Euro 2016 Mustang Ecoboost MT Triple Yellow
Unmarried means it's a second hand one, but the owner 'unmarried it' with their car. If it's a second hand one and it's not been unmarried, you can't use it.

Yep! Adam will send you his tune, which you can download onto your accessport with accessport manager (free program). With the AP manager, you can download or delete whatever maps you want. Then you can flash Adam's map from the Accessport on your car.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! I'm starting to be interested at the Accessport after seeing Adam's Casper Cam tune test. It's really amazing so I'm waiting for that :)

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
Thanks! I'm starting to be interested at the Accessport after seeing Adam's Casper Cam tune test. It's really amazing so I'm waiting for that :)
Yeah it sounds pretty cool. I'd only put it on for car meets though. Hope you can easily switch between normal and ghost mode.

That said, I'd need to find a new (dealer) garage first. The current one even refuses to install the Osram 101 fog/DRL LED lights citing 'warranty reasons'.
(Because it's not an official Mustang part in the catalog) :frusty:

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
If that tune is used only when car is in idle mode and stopped, I'll probably always keep it. Yeah it needs a way to switch on-the-fly to a regular tune for when e.g. you see cops at the end of the street and they will probably stop you :D

About dealers, well, I' still waiting a reply from ny dealer since, well... maybe february?
I'm near the 15k km oil change, but I don't want to go at that ford store! The next is at 200 km distance..

Sponsored

Szilu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Szilard
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost 2016 Oxford White
Hi guys,

I have an Ecoboost Manual Transmission 2016, EU version car and new to the AP world - I've just bought a used one.
I have downloaded the most up-to-date maps from COBB, but I have some confusion here.

Do you know which stage 1 map shall I use? I see 2 here:

upload_2019-3-2_18-51-26.png

What is the difference between Stage 4 and Stage 6.1?

(Cobb has not answered...)

Thanks,
Szilu

Last edited:

Robby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 DIB 2.3T
Hi guys,

I have an Ecoboost Manual Transmission 2016, EU version car and new to the AP world - I've just bought a used one.
I have downloaded the most up-to-date maps from COBB, but I have some confusion here.

Do you know which stage 1 map shall I use? I see 2 here:

upload_2019-3-2_18-51-26.png

What is the difference between Stage 4 and Stage 6.1?

(Cobb has not answered...)

Thanks,
Szilu
I think that Stage refers to specific mods already done to the car, such as, a Cobb intercooler, or exhaust etc. If your car is stock, I believe that there is only one basic tune that you can use. I think it is Stage 0? Search around the site. You'll find a lot of threads about the Accessport.

https://cobbtuning.atlassian.net/wi...0/Ford+Mustang+EcoBoost+2015+-+2017+Map+Notes

Last edited:

Szilu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Szilard
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost 2016 Oxford White
Thanks Robby!

I got reply from Cobb, that I do not have to worry on that, as only one of them will be compatible with my car when I try to install it. So I do not have to choose between them.
Szilu

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Bumping this old thread...

Recently bought a used Accessport for my 2015 AT only to find out from @COBB Tuning that my ECU is not compatible... anyone knows why? Does it mean I can't tune this car ever or need a dealer ECU update first? I can't acces fort etis anymore to check for updates like I could a few years ago. Cheers

COBB Tuning

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AT EcoBoost, MT PP EcoBoost
Hey Benny, the ECU programming in your specific car is just very unique. We have only encountered it twice, you being the second. Unfortunately, the strategy it uses is much different than any other car due to the specific build specs. Based on those differences, we do not believe a dealer would be able to update the ECU to a different(supported) ROM strategy. Sorry for the bad news!

Marshall@COBB
Sponsored