Sponsored

Absolutely SICK and TIRED of this piss poor paint job. Easily over 20 rock chips.

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
this is also the worst paint i've ever had on a car, and it's not my first car with the water based paint either. I really regret not getting clearbra on the front bumper. Dr. Colorchip will be your friend with this car if you already have chips.
Sponsored

S7N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 KIA STINGER GT1 AWD
Wait till the hood starts bubbling.. luckily Ford is covering it under warranty and they are doing the whole hood. My comp orange had a couple rock spots nothing major tho but the ruby red i just bought is another story previous owner apparently didn't give a shit or it was a lease.

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
People always complain about paint chips when it's the EPA standards nowadays. I've had an 07 Toyota that got bad rock chips. I've had a 2014 Hyundai that had rock chips. It's all paint because of the chemicals in the paint aren't what they used to be due to standards laid out by what EPA.
So true. If you painted these cars with aircraft paint, they wouldn't chip in ten years. The paint is like M&M candy coating.

ElCid08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Like others, mine went in for a full front bumper/headlights/and fog light SunTek PPF treatment after purchase. Definitely helps

Sponsored

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Another Suntek Ultra PPF film user here right after I bought the car. Front end still clean 2 years later and almost 10k miles as a secondary car. The film works, but most don't want to pay the $1500 for a really good installer to do the entire front and mirrors along with a quality product.

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
is it just me or all new cars paint quality terrible? My experience with, KIA, Honda and Ford in the last 10 years have all been piss poor easily chipped paint woes.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
That's what I'll most likely do in the near future. Have the front bumper repainted or replaced with an existing yellow bumper then have the clear plastic film applied to it. I'll have the rock chips outside the bumper touched up with paint.
That's the ticket right there. Roads these days really suck for the most part with all kinds of trash on them along with the roads crumbling themselves. Makes me wonder where all of those road taxes are going. No.....wait.....I know exactly where they are going. :)

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Has anybody tried their Lightning Blue? I've been trying to find a good match, but haven't found one that's just right. Other brands have been too dark or metallic.
let me get back to you on at least how chipex is. Very similar to Dr Colorchip I would assume. Mine is also a LB.

I have used Dr Colorchip on a previous vehicle and it was ok no wonders ...

Sponsored

JimInTexas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, Orange Fury, PP1, 10AT, Magneride, Active Exhaust, Safe/Smart, 401A, GT350 Black Spoiler
The first thing I did was the Ceramic Pro coating with no PPF, thinking that my paint is a tri-coat (Orange Fury) which should give it a little extra durability (in theory). 3500 miles in, and only a couple tiny chips on the front splitter that the OEM touchup paint was able to handle. I will probably keep it as is, then go the Dr. Colorchip route for any additional chips, and for long road trips, I'll go with a Novistretch mask for the front.

JimInTexas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, Orange Fury, PP1, 10AT, Magneride, Active Exhaust, Safe/Smart, 401A, GT350 Black Spoiler
Also, has anyone used Dr. Colorchip on a ceramic coated surface. Any issues?

Flare65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I think all cars have paint chip issues these days. Its not just Ford, but all manufactures. Check out this guys new Hellcat Wide body with all the chips in the paint after 500 miles.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
let me get back to you on at least how chipex is. Very similar to Dr Colorchip I would assume. Mine is also a LB.

I have used Dr Colorchip on a previous vehicle and it was ok no wonders ...
Thanks, Mazman, I appreciate it.

DropTopBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 EB Conv, Perf Pak, Borla Sport Axleback
My ‘17 Platinum White is now just past 2 years old and has maybe 3 minor chips on the front end that the Ford touchup paint fixed. However someone “dinged” my passenger door on the ridge line ...NO dent in the metal but chipped the paint away down to primer in a spot less than 1/8” in diameter. I’ve applied 4 layers of touch up but it’s still not up to the surrounding paint level. Not noticeable from 3 feet away but any suggestions on how to restore closer to perfection?
Sponsored