ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
Good afternoon everyone,

So I recently ran into an issue with my passenger side door handle on my 2018 Mustang. It wouldn't lock or unlock with proximity and the touch area would not function either. The dealership ordered a new door handle and tried to put it in today with the same results. They said the BCM was bad and they were ordering a new one. The one thing I have a question about is they said my dashcams might be messing with the BCM. I have a 2ch Blackview DR750S. It's tapped into the fuse box with a power magic pro. I had it professionally installed. It was installed in November and the issue started at the end of Jan.

My question to anyone else is, after wiring a dash cam did you have any issues? Do you think its just a BCM and I am good to put the dash cam back or that I should leave it unplugged. Trying to decide what to do and hopefully not blow out a BCM again.
Sponsored

Wolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`18 Kona Blue Mustang Ecoboost PP, `10 Nissan GTR
I dunno the typical lifespan of the BCM in these cars so my case may not be so similar but I started having issues with my BCM (needed to be re-flashed twice within the span of a year) at around 80K miles in my old 2010 GT that had no electrical work or add-ons done.

I wouldn't expect your dash cam being the direct cause but you did say the installer touched the fuse box...could be shorting somewhere, maybe? Check online and see if anyone else has run into any similar issues with that model of dashcam. Also see if you can give the shop who installed it a call, tell the issue you had and then ask if possible to just double check the work. I wouldn't expect a BCM in a 2018 to start having issues that soon for no reason.

RugbyRef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Blackvue DR900 (Ford F350) and the DR750 ('18 Mustang) and have had zero problems with the BCM. I would say your dealership service folks are "easter-egging" to identify a problem. Your issue would most likely have started right after the Magic Pro install, had the installer touched something they weren't suppose to.

OP
OP
ChaoticFury09

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
I have the Blackvue DR900 (Ford F350) and the DR750 ('18 Mustang) and have had zero problems with the BCM. I would say your dealership service folks are "easter-egging" to identify a problem. Your issue would most likely have started right after the Magic Pro install, had the installer touched something they weren't suppose to.
I agree and that is exactly what I was thinking. I emailed the install place anyway to see if they will take a look after Ford replaces the BCM. The guy said the BCM controls quite a bit in the car so I am surprised that was the only thing that wasn't working.

OP
OP
ChaoticFury09

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Quick update. Ford replaced the BCM and everything is working now. They said that because the dash cam was wired they think this is the issue and that if I hook it back up and it blows again they will not replace it.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Sponsored

myjaja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
My passenger side door is doing the exact thing. But with mine, it only works when it wants to work. I also have the same dash camera as you and its tapped into the fuse box.

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
I to have the exact same camera setup and fuse tapped plus installed it myself over a year ago. Not one problem and first I’ve heard of it.

OP
OP
ChaoticFury09

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
My passenger side door is doing the exact thing. But with mine, it only works when it wants to work. I also have the same dash camera as you and its tapped into the fuse box.
That’s interesting. Mine is now fixed due to them replacing the BCM but I have not had the dash cam hooked back up yet.

OP
OP
ChaoticFury09

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
I to have the exact same camera setup and fuse tapped plus installed it myself over a year ago. Not one problem and first I’ve heard of it.
What fuses did you tap?

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
BCM is a lesser known issue, but affecting more cars all the time. Just had mine replaced, caused the car to go full on poltergeist. I honestly doubt the failure had anything to do with how your dash cam was wired, but it's worth finding another way or even a dedicated fuse block for electrical accessories.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ChaoticFury09

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
BCM is a lesser known issue, but affecting more cars all the time. Just had mine replaced, caused the car to go full on poltergeist. I honestly doubt the failure had anything to do with how your dash cam was wired, but it's worth finding another way or even a dedicated fuse block for electrical accessories.
My only concern is that the dealership said if I have it attached again and it blows then they wouldn't replace it even though they couldn't say it was the dash cam. I also doubt that it was the issue. I am trying not to have to pay $400 to get a cell link nano. My only other option is to forgo parking mode and just have it wired to the cigarette lighter which is not ideal.

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
The Federal warranty laws state they have to PROVE your modification caused a failure. Of course the law is pretty useless if they become jerks and refuse to work on your car... I don't have any electrical mods, and my door handle touch/unlocks are sketchy at best, and maybe work 50% of the time.

Jsuatam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 ecoboost with PP and Sync3 nav
Hi, so you had the BCM module replaced, how much did it cost? Thanks
That’s interesting. Mine is now fixed due to them replacing the BCM but I have not had the dash cam hooked back up yet.
i,

Jsuatam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 ecoboost with PP and Sync3 nav
My 2015 ford mustang has an issue. The BCM C2280C 12 V pin#29 is not working
Is there a fuse coming from another module in the car which I could replace to this issue fixed? Thanks a lot

OP
OP
ChaoticFury09

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
Hi, so you had the BCM module replaced, how much did it cost? Thanks

i,
$0, covered under warranty. The dealer said they would only do it one time since they couldn't for sure say it was the dash cam.
Sponsored