Sponsored

Going on 78 days...... Head Gasket Supply Chain FAIL

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
North Carolina is similar to California.

Number of miles used by the consumer up to the date of the third attempt to repair the same nonconformity which is the subject of the claim, or the twentieth cumulative business day when the vehicle is out of service by reason of repair of one or more nonconformities, whichever occurs first divided by 120,000 multiplied by the Vehicle purchase price.

https://www.auto.bbb.org/docs/lemon-law-summaries/NC-LLsummary.pdf

In Virginia it's 1/2 of the IRS mileage rate or ~$.27c per mile.
Sponsored

OP
OP
5-Slow

5-Slow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
Sorry guys I did not get notified this many people responded to my original post;
Update: So I dropped my car off on November 13th, the car was returned to me last Friday February 8th (87 days). I didn't reveal in my first post that I am a huge ford fleet customer (over 100 ford vehicles) with our family operated construction business and this was passed along to the "CSR" by the service adviser of the dealer who deals with me regularly when I bring in our commercial vehicles for repair. I asked the dealer to request an additional payment to cover the third month of it being in the shop, they had approved two payments in a prior discussion. The CSR called me on the 13th, two days ago and tells me he is denying my request for additional payments, that they are capped at two payments. He then proceeds to offer me a extended warranty to "restore my faith in the vehicle" and I about lost my %#$^ I had some aftermarket items on my GT when I brought it in that was looked past to get everything done under warranty so I just cut my losses and accepted the warranty offer.

Then it gets even better....

I have put three hundred miles on the new short block since getting it back on the 8th. Go to start it up yesterday and boom the knock is already back.......
I don't even know what the right answer or direction to go is at this point and it is beyond disappointing. Ford motor company aside I love everything about that car and platform besides these motor issues. That's what makes it so tough.

OP
OP
5-Slow

5-Slow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
Cobra Jet, thanks for the great information you have given throughout this site. I started my buy back 1-8-19, finished up 1-25-19. I had the information ready when they contacted me.
Did they give you a reasonable check? I have thousands of dollars in aftermarket parts that kinda screw me out of this option (headers, suspension, cat back, wheels & tires etc) but I am not too familiar with the process.

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
They gave you a new short block even with the car having headers and I assume a tune?

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Sorry guys I did not get notified this many people responded to my original post;
Update: So I dropped my car off on November 13th, the car was returned to me last Friday February 8th (87 days). I didn't reveal in my first post that I am a huge ford fleet customer (over 100 ford vehicles) with our family operated construction business and this was passed along to the "CSR" by the service adviser of the dealer who deals with me regularly when I bring in our commercial vehicles for repair. I asked the dealer to request an additional payment to cover the third month of it being in the shop, they had approved two payments in a prior discussion. The CSR called me on the 13th, two days ago and tells me he is denying my request for additional payments, that they are capped at two payments. He then proceeds to offer me a extended warranty to "restore my faith in the vehicle" and I about lost my %#$^ I had some aftermarket items on my GT when I brought it in that was looked past to get everything done under warranty so I just cut my losses and accepted the warranty offer.

Then it gets even better....

I have put three hundred miles on the new short block since getting it back on the 8th. Go to start it up yesterday and boom the knock is already back.......
I don't even know what the right answer or direction to go is at this point and it is beyond disappointing. Ford motor company aside I love everything about that car and platform besides these motor issues. That's what makes it so tough.
First, sorry to hear of your troubles. I do think you should be happy with what they have done for you so far. Not sure why people are surprised that a car could fail when going with aftermarket mods. It is a roll of the dice and getting warranty work done is almost always a hassle when going aggressive like you have. Hopefully it gets straightened out for you. Maybe you should just consider getting going all the way and just mod your engine?
Sponsored