Sponsored

Who else is Manual or Bust?

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
Instead of just buying what best suits my needs, I'm going to just hang around here and tell you all how much better and cooler I am for wanting a manual. :sunglasses:
Did you not read the title of this thread?
Sponsored

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
I would definitely go for the DCT if I had to shift left handed!
When I worked in England and drove, there is no way I was going for a manual rent car. Auto all the way. I almost got into two head on collisions until I got the hang of it. When I worked in the Virgin Islands it is the same way as England, but the cars are left hand drive American cars. Even more weird.

mikedahammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I am just adding my 2 cents if Ford looks at this.

I personally am only interested in the manual gear box. It is a bust for me.

Personally I would never buy a sports car without being able to row my own gears unless I had some type of disability and couldn’t operate a clutch.

I judge the owners of any sports cars that don’t have a manual as their choice. I also have the same problem with convertible sports cars - or as I call them - Barbie cars.

Nothing is worse to me than seeing a car that would be absolutely fun to drive and then realizing it is automatic.

I may need to seek counseling.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated

Personally I would never buy a sports car without being able to row my own gears unless I had some type of disability and couldn’t operate a clutch.

I judge the owners of any sports cars that don’t have a manual as their choice. I also have the same problem with convertible sports cars - or as I call them - Barbie cars.

Nothing is worse to me than seeing a car that would be absolutely fun to drive and then realizing it is automatic.

Convertible sports cars... no way, for old bald men with baseball caps and girls, Automatics, for "girls". I have already seen a shrink for this same affliction. They said that there is no cure or even medication to slow up the disease. In 10 years I will only sit in my car and shift in the garage.

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
As F1 driver, Le Mans winner, and DTM champ Hans-Joachim Stuck once drily observed to me: "Think of the three greatest racing drivers of the modern era—Aytron Senna, Michael Schumacher, and Lewis Hamilton. They all learned their car-control skills in karts, which have no transmission at all."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mo...he-911-gt2-rs-vs-porsche-911-gt3-touring/amp/

I guess these iconic drivers are just "girls".:facepalm:

Sponsored

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
As F1 driver, Le Mans winner, and DTM champ Hans-Joachim Stuck once drily observed to me: "Think of the three greatest racing drivers of the modern era—Aytron Senna, Michael Schumacher, and Lewis Hamilton. They all learned their car-control skills in karts, which have no transmission at all."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mo...he-911-gt2-rs-vs-porsche-911-gt3-touring/amp/

I guess these iconic drivers are just "girls".:facepalm:
F1 cars are not sports cars.. I drove karts too and did not become an F1 driver. I became a sports car driver.

Last edited:

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic

I have no problem with my Barbies in a manual vert. Chrome wheels to boot! :shock::surprised:

Z51.jpg

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
What's interesting - and somewhat surprising - to read in that article is that most of the PDK's zero to 60 advantage comes in the launch and only a little from improved shift time.

Porsche's own numbers put the six-speed GT3 six-tenths of second slower to 60 mph than the PDK version. But about four- to five-tenths of the PDK-equipped car's advantage is in the launch control, says Preuninger. The other tenth or so in the first-to-second shift.

Norm

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated

Sponsored

waterman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ZLE, 2013 Honda Si, Grandad's 67 C2 L89
You missed the point.
No disrespect implied but I believe sir, that YOU have missed the point. This thread is a poll of opinion. Without saying, (like it or not) we are all entitled to our own.

With regards to your earlier post, Aytron Senna, Michael Schumacher, and Lewis Hamilton depend on their lap times to pay the bills. They race wheel to wheel in the highest performance road circuit cars available.

99.9999% of the performance car enthusiast community do not. Their/our priorities are, (on the road or track) the relationship and engagement between our guts and the guts of our machine.

It matters not how you arrive there. Whether it be by DCT, DCSTwTC, TC or manual. One's priorities may be physical engagement with the powertrain or perhaps (potentially) faster lap times. Neither are incorrect; rather, that individual drivers choice as to how he/she will arrive at his/her particular goal and/or destination.

Solo lap times and HPDE are radically different than wheel to wheel racing. In racing, the driver is the greatest variable in cars of comparable performance levels. .

With that said, an overwhelming majority of the owners of performance automobiles (including the upcoming GT500 with DCT) will never in their life, race wheel to wheel (carts excluded).

So, please explain to me, if your meal ticket does not depend on your lap time or finish position; Ford, Chevy, Porsche, AM, Ferrari, McLaren, Lamborghini or Yugo; What is the missed point?

There will always be a faster car and IMHO, personal preference can not logically be argued.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
No disrespect sir, But you really are slow. I DID get the point. I was using a metaphor to choose what I like. The POINT is Manual or Bust. My choice is sports car driver, meaning manual, not F1 driver meaning automatic. Jeeez

Last edited:

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
What's interesting - and somewhat surprising - to read in that article is that most of the PDK's zero to 60 advantage comes in the launch and only a little from improved shift time.

Norm
To bolster Norm's post of manual vs A10, the automatic may not be faster than the manual. This was done by Randy Pobst on both cars.

Even if the automatic is faster, I still like rowing.

upload_2019-2-17_7-51-17.png

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
There will always be a faster car and IMHO, personal preference can not logically be ignored.
Fixed, I think.

Not all karts are single speed/no transmission . . .

Norm

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
This is still going? Wow. It's approaching oil thread status.
Sponsored