Sponsored

Any Interest In a Compact Spare for Brembo Equipped Cars?

Would you be interested in a compact spare that clears front and rear Brembo's?

• Total voters

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
How are folks getting the jack secured? I tried today and with it almost fully closed it still feels like it's going to bounce around. Looking at the pictures supplied it looks like the jack is open far more than mine is is attached to something.

Does it just fully close on the mounting block that the wheel hold down screws into? Or am I missing something.

2019 GT PP2.
Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
How are folks getting the jack secured? I tried today and with it almost fully closed it still feels like it's going to bounce around. Looking at the pictures supplied it looks like the jack is open far more than mine is is attached to something.

Does it just fully close on the mounting block that the wheel hold down screws into? Or am I missing something.

2019 GT PP2.
Mine is under the wheel. Fully closed isn't how you want to do it. The OEM setup is the jack first, followed by the jack handle/lug wrench (there's a hole) and then the spare tire. Look at the picture below, there's a divot in the spare tire well that the foot of the jack needs to rest on.

The OEM setup also has a sort of wingnut with threads on two ends (referred to as a lug nut wrench retainer), then a cap (referred to as a spare tire retainer.) The wingnut holds the jack and handle down, the cap holds the tire to the wingnut.

The Auto Authority spare also didn't come with this requisite wingnut and cap, they instead instruct you to reuse the one that comes with the "mobility kit" tire inflator thing. But that doesn't work very well at all.

The part numbers for those two components are ES7Z-17091-A and ES7Z-1424-A.

Now I think the Ford lug nut wrench sucks and I was going to omit it, but it's actually useful for holding the jack down. I got a collapsible lug nut wrench, OEMTOOLS 20564 and a 13/16" deep socket. The lugs and the bolt head for the jack are all 13/16", but the OEM Ford lug nut wrench is inexplicably 21mm. That does work, but 21mm is slightly oversize and will jack up your lug nuts. 13/16" = 20.6mm.

I put a rag between the Ford lug nut wrench and the wheel because the mating surface of the larger wheel contacts the wrench before the spare bottoms out in the well. I also put rags under my additional collapsible wrench to protect the paint. The wheel holds it in place once you crank down on the retainer.

I wrapped the spacer (GT350 only, GTPP cars don't need this) in bubble wrap and put it in the corner next to the wheel, then jammed some cardboard in there to keep it from moving around. The spacer that Automotive Authority sends with the kit is 1", hub centric, and comes with 13/16" lug nuts, same size as OEM.

I kept the OEM tire inflator since it isn't very big, fits in the cargo net.

gtpp-gt350-spare-1.jpg

gtpp-gt350-spare-2.jpg

gtpp-gt350-spare-3.jpg

gtpp-gt350-spare-4.jpg

gtpp-gt350-spare-5.jpg

gtpp-gt350-spare-6.jpg

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
The Auto Authority spare also didn't come with this requisite wingnut and cap, they instead instruct you to reuse the one that comes with the "mobility kit" tire inflator thing. But that doesn't work very well at all.

The part numbers for those two components are ES7Z-17091-A and ES7Z-1424-A.
I will be ordering this kit soon. THNX for the additional part numbers

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
I traded in my 15’ GT , I’ll be selling my spare and kit very soon.... too bad it doesn’t work in my new Challenger.

Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Has anyone tried the Auto Authority kit on their 350R? They evidently make a R specific kit.
What is different about the R with regards to wheel fitment? I don't think the extra layer of red paint is going to scrape the spokes.

See my post #227 above, where I go over everything with my GT350.

US HWY 666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R
Before I buy one I'll check with them at Auto Authority. They list a separate kit for the R.
The tire diameter on the R is slightly less than the non-R, but not enough to make a difference
with this,
The difference is possibly the R may need a different spacer for the front, since the offset is different
than the non-R.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
The difference is possibly the R may need a different spacer for the front, since the offset is different
than the non-R.
I get that the wheels themselves are different, but the brakes and knuckle are the same (aside from some red paint) so why couldn't you interchange wheel setups freely between R and non-R?

US HWY 666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R
We're just going to have to wait for an R owner who has this kit to respond. The R wheels are a totally
different offset than the non-R.
I will get in touch with AA and find out, probably not today. I'm going to get this kit for my '14 GT 500
which is another kit listed separately.
These are definitely slightly different kits, the pricing is not the same

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
The R wheels are a totally
different offset than the non-R.
I uh, don't think you're getting what I'm saying.

Of course the wheels are a different offset, they're physically wider. If they had the same offset specs, they wouldn't clear suspension components.

But GT350R spec wheels fit on regular GT350's just fine, because the car is the same in ways that matter.

The reverse is also true.

Sponsored

US HWY 666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R
I'm heading into work. I get what you're saying about the 350/350R. The AA prices are showing $544.99 for the 350
and $564.99 for the 350R.
When I get ready to do this, I'll check with AA, I'm getting another kit for the other car also, the '14 GT 500.

drorr86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
The wheel is the same between the kits however the difference is the spacer that is required for each kit to work on the vehicles.
The GT350R has much longer studs and the GT350 spacer (smaller spacer) cannot be used to mount on the GT350R. The studs on the GT350R will be too long for the smaller bolt on spacer of the GT350 and will hit the back of the wheel and not let it mount against the spacer properly.

LICobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K0933
I traded in my 15’ GT , I’ll be selling my spare and kit very soon.... too bad it doesn’t work in my new Challenger.
Luckily I never sold the spare, as I recently acquired a 19" GT350....hope it fits..
Sponsored