Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
They should really think about reschedule their acceleration tests if it's raining. The Mustangs drag results are pretty useless

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, the drag results are useless. I don't think it was the weather rather the manual gearbox and lack of skill. Everyone knows the manual with a good driver is closer to a 12.5 car, the 10 spd auto a 12 flat car just like the M4 DCT.

Useless also is the comment by the driver about how fast the M4 is...only to be slower by 2 seconds on the road course. Even with the competition package and carbon brakes.

But they dont mention the cooling issues so there is that.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I think Cars.com needs to find some better drivers. It sounded like she didn't know how to adjust the Recaros in the Mustang and thought the SC2's were worn out. And, if you can't beat 13.34 in the 1/4 in this car, you probably shouldn't be reviewing it.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I think that woman liked the BMW more, and her mind was made up before she drove either cars. Here repeated usage of words like "feel" and "confidence" suggests to me she's not that good of a driver.

Sponsored

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I think that woman liked the BMW more, and her mind was made up before she drove either cars. Here repeated usage of words like "feel" and "confidence" suggests to me she's not that good of a driver.
Right, and she still went faster in the Mustang even though she felt more "confident" in the BMW. It seems like you'd be able to go faster in the car you felt most confident in.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Right, and she still went faster in the Mustang even though she felt more "confident" in the BMW. It seems like you'd be able to go faster in the car you felt most confident in.
Wimins are just different creatures, by design. They like what they like, and that's it. She liked the BMW from the start, that the time around the track was way faster in the PP2 didn't matter.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
0-60 in 5.3 seconds in the PP2? What's the point of publishing that in the video if it was wet out? That's about a second too slow. At least put a disclaimer in. Sheesh.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
It is so much lighter than the last one...well not in terms of actual pounds...

This guy is quite the hoot, and I'm surprised he actually fit in the cars (or those jeans for that matter).

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Dude looks like he wins a lot of races to the all you can eat buffet.:cwl:

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I'm surprised the Mustang was two seconds faster on the road course. I've driven Gingerman on a couple instances, and it's a tough track. There are a couple off camber turns that the higher weight of the Mustang would have more trouble tackling, and there's a really weird double apex turn about mid-circuit that I could never get a smooth line through. I've seen relatively pedestrian cars keep up with Vipers on that circuit.

JR

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
She said the mustang has wider tires but need more grip because she was sliding around in the mustang more than the BMW????? Um.....

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I can personally attest that the M4 steering feel is actually garbage. Unless they've improved it since 2015/16. I had a national champion autocrosser even say my GT350 steering feel is much better than the M4. Drove them back to back during "free runs."

M4, while an amazing car in it's own right, sounds like wet farts.
That's putting it...nicely.

To be fair there's some merit to that. Fast doesn't mean confident. I'm more confident in an S2000 on autocross than my own car any day. It's just easier to control. Sorry but it's true. Lighter, less power that's going to throw you into a wall, more telepathic, REAL steering, a great feeling transmission that doesn't need to be lugged around (you have to admit, the TR3160 is kind of a "MAN'S" transmission). That being said, I think she's full of it too. But the PP2 I drove did feel a bit numb. Big soft compound front tires will kinda do that unfortunately.
Sponsored