Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
Kept my promise to never, ever drive it in the rain. Not ordinarily that difficult here on the edge of the great California desert, but it does get wet from time to time.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
We just finished doing our pro series shortblock install to our 18 mustang gt with a whipple. We are not complete with dyno just yet but we are going to shoot for 800hp we think. What do you guys think. I'll keep you guys posted on final numbers.
ex_q80_w400_h_IMG_3835.jpg

mustang_puppy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
2015 black Ecoboost fastback
Aaaaaaand, how much was it for everything and how do you like it? How’s the performance?
Bought the kit for about $460 from CJPP with a Black Friday special and rewards points :rockon:, $360 for the dealer I bought the car from to install it. Should have called them to see if I could save a few pennies by installing the intake myself and having them just do the tune :headbang:. The engine seems to pull better, and doesn't bog down like the stock tune.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Kept my promise to never, ever drive it in the rain. Not ordinarily that difficult here on the edge of the great California desert, but it does get wet frm time to time.
Why rain ?

I can understand snow, salt and winter grime but rain ?

The only time I didn’t drive mine in the rain is when I just washed the car and I didn’t want to get it dirty but if it’s already a little dirty I’ll drive her in the rain. YMMV

I realize your not the only one that feels this way, I just don’t understand why ?

Sponsored

phillybob232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Platinum 2017 GT/CS
Hey guys, so yesterday I finally swapped out the factory shocks and struts for the Ford Track set. Had a shop do it and on the drive home it was awesome.

However, as of late last night and this morning I'm hearing a lot of squeaking from the front of the car whenever I turn the wheel. I'm not too mechanically inclined, however from what I've read online this may be an issue with the strut mounts under the hood being a bit loose? Is this something easy I could handle, or something that would get fixed upon getting the alignment I need now? Any thoughts? Thanks guys!

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
Why rain ?

I can understand snow, salt and winter grime but rain ?

The only time I didn’t drive mine in the rain is when I just washed the car and I didn’t want to get it dirty but if it’s already a little dirty I’ll drive her in the rain. YMMV

I realize your not the only one that feels this way, I just don’t understand why ?
I'm one who also tries to keep mine out of the rain - although living in Houston it is hard to do since it rains here a lot. I've had the car since August and its only seen rain 4-5 times and that was because I already had it out and showers popped up.

Mainly it is because I keep it clean and waxed up. No other real reason for me on that. Its not my DD and I am borderline obsessive about keeping it clean lol

Joelang33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Whippled 16 Mustang GT Premium PP
Installed Trufiber Carbon fiber chin spoiler. love the new look
CFLIP.jpg

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, so yesterday I finally swapped out the factory shocks and struts for the Ford Track set. Had a shop do it and on the drive home it was awesome.

However, as of late last night and this morning I'm hearing a lot of squeaking from the front of the car whenever I turn the wheel. I'm not too mechanically inclined, however from what I've read online this may be an issue with the strut mounts under the hood being a bit loose? Is this something easy I could handle, or something that would get fixed upon getting the alignment I need now? Any thoughts? Thanks guys!
If you have an impact gun you could try popping to hood and giving the bolts two or three cycles of the impact gun.

Sponsored

phillybob232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Platinum 2017 GT/CS
If you have an impact gun you could try popping to hood and giving the bolts two or three cycles of the impact gun.
Yeah, when I get home from work I'm going to try tightening them all up and see if that's the issue. Does that sound to you like something that would be the cause of the squeaking sound?

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
Installed Trufiber Carbon fiber chin spoiler. love the new look
CFLIP.jpg
That looks great.

TruFiber has a location here in Houston so I will be making a stop by their place soon. Being that I have a Metallic colored car I'm going to be doing a lot of carbon fiber stuff to mine. They have a "sponsor" car that came out to Cars & Coffee a few months ago and it was gorgeous.

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, when I get home from work I'm going to try tightening them all up and see if that's the issue. Does that sound to you like something that would be the cause of the squeaking sound?
Yeah sounds like it could be, also may want to check and see if the springs are seated within the bottom rubber isolator.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Got it cleaned up , finally . Mounted the new custom plate .
20190126_164947.jpg
20190126_164923.jpg
20190126_165006.jpg
The silver and black wheels (that type in particular) looks great!

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Installed my Roush fascia, side scoops, rear sidemarkers, and ebay spoiler.
2019-01-25 10.46.12.jpg
2019-01-26 11.49.41.jpg
Looks great. That little side scoop behind the door, which brand is it? I like it!
Sponsored