SVT-DADDY

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Do you happen to know where that valve is located within the engine bay? Is it along the fuel rail, TB, driver side?
Yes....mine is supercharged but its in the same place. Follow the F back to the supercharger. There is a silver line going to the blower and a black hose heading back to the fire wall. That's the valve.
Sponsored

khalismatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Non-PP, 6-Speed MT-82
So I had the same intermittent popping sound appear and changed the purge valve solenoid and it went away. Before swapping out the PV solenoid, I made a few observations in which I noticed that the sound would "ONLY" occur during idle however I gave Aurora a few revs to see if that caused the sound to occur more often, which I couldn't confirm conclusively. I took a mental note of the throttle response and gauged how well she was able to hold RPMs and how smooth the RPM climb was. I don't know if this is the placebo effect or not but after changing the solenoid I notice a few things...

1. The suction from the air filter was MUCH more pronounced now.
2. Aurora goes from start to idle quicker and much smoother now.
3. There's a perceivable increase in throttle response.
4. In terms of sound, other than solving the audible popping, she sounds much better, stronger while idling.

Can anyone tell me if this is just the placebo effect as well as clarify the ramifications and symptoms of a faulty purge valve in our cars?

Nerass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Premium GT
any videos of the intermittent popping?

khalismatic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Non-PP, 6-Speed MT-82
any videos of the intermittent popping?
No, I figured it was unnecessary to do so since there's videos in this very post that have the same sound I was experiencing.

Sponsored

Nerass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Premium GT
No, I figured it was unnecessary to do so since there's videos in this very post that have the same sound I was experiencing.
in this actual thread? literally don't see it my bad?

1badrz28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you have a tune, it's easier to just delete it. One less problem to deal with.

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
If you have a tune, it's easier to just delete it. One less problem to deal with.
Can you do that ? My purge valve went out around 30k miles and dealer replaced thanks to warranty but going to be tuned in a few days and if this part breaks again , then heck if I can remove it and call it a day then I will ! But then I would need it in another 2 years when I do my first smog huh
Sponsored