Sponsored

Other drivers and Mustangs

Splash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2017, Ford Fiesta ST200.
I've only really encountered one driver ... In a Golf GTI in Birmingham who wanted to race me and kept overtaking and slowing down and being a general twat. I'm never going to bite so he gave up.

In general I've had no issues with other drivers though because of the Stang, just the same twatish behaviour I've always seen.
Sponsored

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
After doing the school run the other day, I pulled out of the row of parked cars and headed along the road which, with said parked cars, becomes a single track. Almost immediately an Audi S4 or RS4 coming in the other direction decided he wasn't going to stop before he got to the lengthy row of parked cars so that I could pass, allowing us both to continue, and just proceed into an obstructed carriageway. Nor did he decide to pull into the small lay-by on his side of the road as he approached me where we could have passed with ease. And so we came to nose to nose roughly 6-8 car lengths away from the spot I'd pulled out of and with nowhere for me to pull in.

We were at an impasse and he didn't look like he was going to reverse the 2-3 car lengths to the lay-by on his side, so I did the gentlemanly thing and proceeded to back up to where I had been parked. After all, his German status symbol should be respected by me in my lowly Ford. I know my place.

The thing is that even with 22 years of unendorsed driving experience, and even with all the mirrors and reversing cameras and parking aids, for some reason it took me AN AGE to perform that manoeuvre! - I was in no rush.

I thanked his patience with a kindly wave and he gestured similarly by revving his engine (when he could finally squeeze past) and speeding away at roughly double the speed limit. Outside a primary school, at school start time.

Al_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta ST, MY19 Mustang GT (Race Red, Manual, Fastback) - Australian Delivery
I’ve only encountered two RS drivers and they both conformed to my prejudiced expectations :)

In an ideal world I’d love both. I think the RS is fab, but then I’d also really like a Fiesta ST.

Hey Scylla,
I like the RS too, but have never driven one.
I've also got an Fiesta ST at home. Pictures below, on Mustang delivery day, both Race Red (except, found out later, the Euro red was different from the Yank red - go figure?)
I wouldn't part with the ST, even though I've got the MY19 GT Mustang six speed manual parked next to it in the garage.
Still love driving the turbo rally car with number plates. Its a different experience behind the wheel to the Pony, although I love to drive both, its just different in each of them.
I call it the best of both worlds.
Definitely get more looks in the Pony, but there is still a couple of knowing nods to the hot hatch around town as well.
Enjoy your ride.
Al.
IMG20181122112035.jpg
IMG20181122124955.jpg

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
After doing the school run the other day, I pulled out of the row of parked cars and headed along the road which, with said parked cars, becomes a single track. Almost immediately an Audi S4 or RS4 coming in the other direction decided he wasn't going to stop before he got to the lengthy row of parked cars so that I could pass, allowing us both to continue, and just proceed into an obstructed carriageway. Nor did he decide to pull into the small lay-by on his side of the road as he approached me where we could have passed with ease. And so we came to nose to nose roughly 6-8 car lengths away from the spot I'd pulled out of and with nowhere for me to pull in.

We were at an impasse and he didn't look like he was going to reverse the 2-3 car lengths to the lay-by on his side, so I did the gentlemanly thing and proceeded to back up to where I had been parked. After all, his German status symbol should be respected by me in my lowly Ford. I know my place.

The thing is that even with 22 years of unendorsed driving experience, and even with all the mirrors and reversing cameras and parking aids, for some reason it took me AN AGE to perform that manoeuvre! - I was in no rush.

I thanked his patience with a kindly wave and he gestured similarly by revving his engine (when he could finally squeeze past) and speeding away at roughly double the speed limit. Outside a primary school, at school start time.
I'd call 101 with his reg number and back up with dash cam footage or pics. Not acceptable outside a school. Your patience is commendable.
Sponsored