OP
Holmes

Holmes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2019 F150 King Ranch
The
You want a really good deal? as you negotiate the price of your car, hell as you walk the lot with the salesman start asking about added warranties, paint protection, interior protection I mean the whole bag. Let them know you really are interested in protecting your purchase. As you negotiate the price just low ball the shit out of them. They will probably get negative but then all those add ons you mentioned you wanted will sink in and they will realize they can go lower than they really wanted to. I bought a car doing this. I ended up getting 15% off msrp or 7.5% off invoice. Got into the finance guy who was just as giddy as a F boy in Thailand with all the brochures laid out and asked which ones do you want. I said well I thought about it and I don't want any of those things anymore. They were PISSED! salesman followed me out after purchase and said I thought I thought...lol you thought wrong B&^%.
Beat them at their own game. Love it!!
Sponsored

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
The Finance guy from Koons tried to sell me everything under the sun. I didn't take any of it.
Fuck Koons that is all carrry on in here!

They had 15 GT350s in inventory (non Rs) last summer and wouldnt sell a single one at sticker on the window. I watched a black one sit there for 4 months I wrote down the VIN and checked it weekly. Ohh we sold that one I was told multiple times. Umm no you didnt this VIN is the same as the one I wrote down wayyyy back in April and no 2 cars have same VIN.

Screw Koons.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
You want a really good deal? as you negotiate the price of your car, hell as you walk the lot with the salesman start asking about added warranties, paint protection, interior protection I mean the whole bag. Let them know you really are interested in protecting your purchase. As you negotiate the price just low ball the shit out of them. They will probably get negative but then all those add ons you mentioned you wanted will sink in and they will realize they can go lower than they really wanted to. I bought a car doing this. I ended up getting 15% off msrp or 7.5% off invoice. Got into the finance guy who was just as giddy as a F boy in Thailand with all the brochures laid out and asked which ones do you want. I said well I thought about it and I don't want any of those things anymore. They were PISSED! salesman followed me out after purchase and said I thought I thought...lol you thought wrong B&^%.
LoL. Headline: Car salesman keys car he just sold!

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
Fuck Koons that is all carrry on in here!

They had 15 GT350s in inventory (non Rs) last summer and wouldnt sell a single one at sticker on the window. I watched a black one sit there for 4 months I wrote down the VIN and checked it weekly. Ohh we sold that one I was told multiple times. Umm no you didnt this VIN is the same as the one I wrote down wayyyy back in April and no 2 cars have same VIN.

Screw Koons.
Yeah I heard they don't deal on the GT350's but their pricing on a convertible GT was good for me.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Lol, that would have sucked. I made sure to never take it to them for service. I use to sell cars about ten years ago for about a year. Hated it.
Hope it never needs service but if it did, Service has no love for Sales so would probably treat you even better for it. LoL

serpent

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
crash
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
had to go to dealer today to pick up some parts. Lucky I inspected them b4 leaving, front blk pony emblem had 1 leg broken off - reordered. Figured when I was there I would order ESP & PMP. Of course had to see the financial guy again. Originally he was meeting Flood's prices today he was $100 more plus tax. FMC offers 0%/2yr terms, but if I wanted to finance the amount there was a $500 fee to process all the while complaining that floods price was under cost. Told him to go F himself and left.

dh3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 301a, Auto, Black, Black accent package
I was shocked that the finance mgr didn’t even bring up any additional warranty or other add ons. My rate was 3.8% for 36 months.

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
I paid cash, finance guy slid a few papers in front of me for signatures and I was done in under 5 minutes. Never tried to sell me anything. I just got a check last month for excess MVS charge refund, a pleasant surprise.

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
I paid cash, finance guy slid a few papers in front of me for signatures and I was done in under 5 minutes. Never tried to sell me anything. I just got a check last month for excess MVS charge refund, a pleasant surprise.
What dealer did you use?

Sponsored

Dave TBG

Patiently waiting...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 EB 201A, '86 Porsche 944
Liccardi, in Watchung, highly recommended. In hindsight he probably realized that I had a bank check for the balance due so add-ons would be difficult.

swooshdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Typically called the F & I Manager there are huge markups on those services they offer. One last chance to improve the margins on the sale. Being polite and firm is the best option. Letting them know that you know they are here to add to the sale and you’re not interested seems to work. The older the F & I guy is the better chance they won’t waste your time if you’re clear you know what he’s going to offer and you still won’t want it.

JohnFPII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
I was pretty lucky. I just ordered my 2019 Mustang GT from my families car dealership. My cousin is the sales manager and my other cousin's husband runs the finance. Last car I bought from them they offered everything to me at the rock bottom price, but I declined everything. Had no arguments, and later on we went and ate and had some beers on the house. I never ask anything special from them, I just expect a honest deal.

swooshdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I was pretty lucky. I just ordered my 2019 Mustang GT from my families car dealership. My cousin is the sales manager and my other cousin's husband runs the finance. Last car I bought from them they offered everything to me at the rock bottom price, but I declined everything. Had no arguments, and later on we went and ate and had some beers on the house. I never ask anything special from them, I just expect a honest deal.
You're doing it wrong.
Sponsored