2016 RR GT/CS
Just saw JW Ch.2...utterly destroyed his car. lol
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Of course, this type of driving on the streets is idiotic, but I personally think ANY kind of performance oriented driving on the streets is stupid (looking at you, "canyon carvers")
Agree with you on this point, but if no one did it, very few performance cars would ever be sold.

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
That’s what large empty snowy parking lots are for.
Nothing but fun with a few friends and your moms car when you get a license.
Drifting, sliding and tons of practice only helps ones driving skills!

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I've met many instructors who, given a safe environment, prefer to lead with teaching these "Show-off" driving methods... What good is it to teach someone how to drive at the limits if they don't know where that limit is or how to handle it once they pass that limit?
I suppose it has a little scrap of value . . . demonstrating that there are in fact limits (duh). But blowing through them like in the JW video or having to trick the car into snapping loose like that seems to me to be too abrupt for any learning to take place especially about how the beginning of tire breakaway feels. (I'm sure the P-brake is being used in more than just the opening half-spin to a stop; you'd never normally take a road course corner using that technique.)

Norm

Last edited:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Dang! Fuddy duddies around here!
Sorry, but there isn't much to recommend about that Hyundai video except for what not to do.

Before that Hyundai dude broke his car, he had shown more tire tread going up in smoke in 20 seconds than I wear off mine in any three track days combined. Don't know about others, but I'll pick 3 hours of fun over 20 seconds of showing off. Every time.

Norm

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
That’s what large empty snowy parking lots are for.
This ↑↑↑

Actually, I've been doing just that at least a couple times each winter for the past 50 years. Any more, it's a minute or two "winter driving refresher course" that I generally do without any passengers.

Norm

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Out of curiosity - why did you get a PP car then ?
I second Norm's advice - go take it autocrossing. It's a car, meant to be driven. I took my 8 days old car autocrossing putting 14 runs on it and guess what - it's fine. You will become infinitely better driver and it can at some point actually save your life.
^^^^^THIS

Peeps not driving their performance car like it was designed to be driven, because they are afraid to "hurt" their car or diminishing the re-sale of the car is like a guy saying, "I don't want to fvck my wife..., that way her pu$$y can be nice and tight for the next guy

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
If you mean turn you into a brutal, efficient killing machine when it's stolen then maybe yes. How are your skills?
Sponsored