OP
OP
Hivel

Hivel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I've noticed this doesn't happen in track, I mostly use track for roll racing now so it does not do this. When I use "drag" at the drag strip, it seems to work fine.
What did your tuner say about the transmission over reving?

I assume a tune would move the limits out of the way; so, you shouldn’t hit that transmission protection RPM limit.

Thanks,
Sponsored

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
The launch occurred at the verticle white line. The shifter was in drive, Advancetrac off, and in drag mode.

I don’t know why the car reved that high on this run. Normally it shifts around 7250. I guess the transmission flared and the input shaft spun up too fast. What sucks is the ETC cut messed up the timing for the rest of the run. I made one more pass and it shifted normally. Maybe the A10 just needed that flare to learn?

Cheers,
Mine shifts at 7500 in drag mode, there are times it shifts at 7600 in drag mode.

OP
OP
Hivel

Hivel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Mine shifts at 7500 in drag mode, there are times it shifts at 7600 in drag mode.
Check your data log for the TPS PID value dropping when the trans revs past 7400. I also found the “trans limit” code in the RPM limit PID.

I still haven’t had time to get my PCM update. Hopefully that fixes my trans over rev issue.

Cheers,

Greyhorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1971 fj40, 1986 fj60, 2003 f250 7.3, 1968
Vehicle Showcase
I managed to trigger a “trans limit” condition. I didn’t feel it during the run; but, the data log shows it. The trans-limit caused throttle body to close at the 2-3 shift. It’s frustrating; cause I managed to get a decent launch.

Anyone know what I could have done to hit the trans-limit?

87ABEEFB-9BBC-40D6-878D-8C98646BCE6A.png

Thanks,
How are viewing your data logs? I just bought an ngauge tuner but im not running a tune just want to use it for datalogging because ive had a few issues as well? What program do i have to download to view a log?

OP
OP
Hivel

Hivel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I use HpTuner’s VCMscanner. It came with the data logger. It seems the nGauge just dumps the PID values to a CSV file. The nGauge manual says to use Excell to view the CSV file.

Cheers,

Sponsored

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
Check your data log for the TPS PID value dropping when the trans revs past 7400. I also found the “trans limit” code in the RPM limit PID.

I still haven’t had time to get my PCM update. Hopefully that fixes my trans over rev issue.

Cheers,
I'd love to, how do I do this?

OP
OP
Hivel

Hivel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
OP
OP
Hivel

Hivel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Have you had this done yet?
No. I’ve been crushed at work. I made the appointment and took it in; but, the dealer over booked their technicians and sent me home. The funny is thing is Ford thinks the dealer performed the service and it is part of my online service history.

Cheers,
Sponsored