I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
There are a lot of people who have NO idea what heat soak is... like seriously if it wasn't so sad it would be funny. Im still with Beef, Lethal or Hyper for best prices.

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Is that a logged 1/4mile run? A 1 gear pull is not the same

My air temp goes from 77 at the starting line to 111 when I let off.
Yea I will video it after work and post it. I was surprised

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
also if you guys want to really talk about heat soak. go back to the terminator days with the old 2.2 Kenne Bells. You could legit fry an egg/bacon on them easily. and only made like 580rwhp lol

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
also if you guys want to really talk about heat soak. go back to the terminator days with the old 2.2 Kenne Bells. You could legit fry an egg/bacon on them easily. and only made like 580rwhp lol
Yeah, but who cares. Those 03/04 Cobras screamed like a banshee under boost with a KB setup. What an awesome sound. Those cars are so badass. Who cares if they aren't the fastest things on the road these days. I read once where someone called it a "caveman". Not refined, but a bruiser for sure.

Sponsored

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Which blower is “easiest” to install at home?

Do they all require the front bumper to come off or can it be done with it on?

This is my next mod. I’ve had Centris in the past (3) and know what to expect. However, I’ve been flip flopping with what I want and haven’t pulled the trigger. I think if my wife saw the front end off the car she’d freak! I’ve already had the requisite “why are you tearing apart your new car” speech...

Love a turbo as well, but again, install and emissions... nice big single! Er... twins...

COST! I’m in Ontario Canada, so tack on likely 40% + to the prices you see...

Man, there’s so many awesome choices, each with their own positives and negatives.

HELP ME DECIDE!​

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
They all will have to have the front bumper off for intercooler/heat exchanger on pd. Hands down Procharger easiest install and 100% reversible. Paxton/Vortech similar install, but slightly more involved, and minor permanent modifications needed. Turbos massive install.

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
^

I'm installing a Procharger on mine tomorrow. If I remember I'll come back in here and give you my impression. But like he said, the front bumper is coming off either way.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Darn!

No way around removing the bumper eh. That stinks! That is the one piece that I know I will never be able to reinstall as clean as it came from the factory. So even with all the “front” stuff off - rad etc, the intercooler still won’t go in unless the bumper is off.

Yea. The turbo is more involved than what I’m wanting to do. The Roush / VMP I’m not liking having to take a grinder to the block or having to carve into the rear engine bay support beam. Does this need to be done for the Whipple as well?

Good luck on your install!

foff667

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT Procharged D1X
Darn!

No way around removing the bumper eh. That stinks! That is the one piece that I know I will never be able to reinstall as clean as it came from the factory. So even with all the “front” stuff off - rad etc, the intercooler still won’t go in unless the bumper is off.

Yea. The turbo is more involved than what I’m wanting to do. The Roush / VMP I’m not liking having to take a grinder to the block or having to carve into the rear engine bay support beam. Does this need to be done for the Whipple as well?

think intercooler, pretty much all forced induction you'd need to pull the front bumper. I don't think the whipple needs to have anything grinded though I could be wrong.

Sponsored

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Darn!

Funny, I've had mine off twice now and was very happy it went well and it was pretty straight forward (after reading directions) to get it all buttoned back up looking as good as from the showroom floor. My problem was in the showroom before I bought it I noticed the front edge on the bumper and the top of the grill were crooked. Dealership agreed no problem to fix it along with a paint blemish. When I picked it up the paint was great, but the bumper was only 90% better, I took it just to get it over with. First time I pulled the bumper I found two washers, one rusty thick one and one regular that were just added under the top corner of the bumper from the dealership to "tweak" it into place. I've added another one, but it still doesn't sit perfect. Then I read all the horror stories on guys busting their side tabs/clips and think how lucky I was pulling mine twice without any issue.

GritzNGravy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Ive got the boosted itch real bad. Once I get a certain problem Ive had for while fixed hopefully soon, Im gonna pull the trigger. For me personally, the choice is between the Paxton Beefcake kit, Whipple stg 2 kit, or the darn new sleeper turbo kit.

The Paxton because Its the cheapest by far, best bang for the buck and install doesn't look bad at all being a mechanic. Also works with my gt350 intake.

Whipple stg 2 kit because on sale for 15% off is awesome and makes it a super deal that's hard to pass up. Only down side is waiting for the sales usually around holidays. Install looks easy, and Ive read the Whipple tune is not half bad lol. For me beats having to get a ngauge or Sctx4 and remote tuning.

Hellion Sleeper kit because ITS FREAKIN TWINS for cheapish. After the BAP, ID injectors and the blackout option of course and tuning, the price climbs a little bit. Still seems to be the best quality for price on any twin system. And again with my gt350 manifold I don't want to go to waste.

Also removed my bumper cover the other day. WAS SUPER EASY. Couple pushpins on top, then like 8 screws in the top, 13 scews in the bottom and then 3 pushpins per wheel well and 3 electrical connectors for lights per side. The 7mm bolts that hold the corners on are not bad at all. I used a super tiny Flex head ratchet with 7mm socket, but ratcheting 7mm wrench would be easy also. Hardest part was popping the corners back in at install. I wish they all were this easy.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Jeesh.

That makes it sound easy. I’m totally fine with the mechanical side of things and the actual install. I completely fear pulling the bumper though. I have visions of the finished product... blower and engine bay looking all neat and tidy and the bumper half hanging off and crooked like I ran into something.

I’ve had 3 Vortechs in the past and did those installs as well as a couple buddies. Recently found out here one the forum about the warnings with running the Paxton / Vortech in freezing weather. Never a warning label on my previous ones... (of course that was 25 years ago). So, being in Ontario, I cringe at that! Paxton is a great option, but I’m still at a toss up between the Procharger and the Whipple.

Honestly, ANY of the forced induction options look great and they ALL perform incredibly!

There’s really no “best”, just a “best for you”.

Hmm... maybe the wife will go on a girls weekend and I can bribe someone here to remove and reinstall my bumper...

GritzNGravy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Honestly, ANY of the forced induction options look great and they ALL perform incredibly!

There’s really no “best”, just a “best for you”.
Absolutely. Everyone gets into fights so easily about which system is the best. I never imagined having a car with over 600whp to daily drive but this is done so easily now with every system.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Darn!

No grinding needed to anything with Whipple install, very straight forward install.
Sponsored