Sponsored

Splitters (Steeda vs. Ikon Motorsports?)

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 401a RIP
Hey guys, I'm in the market for a splitter for my build. Now, I have a few ideas as to what direction I want to go, and I'm pretty much sold on the Steeda splitter, especially since the install looks completely painless.

But then I saw this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/15-17-Ford-...ash=item5b37327929:g:ZccAAOSw-3FZAqD1&vxp=mtr

Now I know, it's probably cheap for a reason, however considering it's going to take some abuse (scraping etc) I'm sure it would be fine.

Anybody have experience with this splitter? Doesn't look like there are predrilled holes, but I'm assuming that it can re-use the factory bolts and mounting locations... just not sure how I'd line it up to drill the holes. Any thoughts or ideas?
Sponsored

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
Of the two choices, I would probably spring an extra $120 bucks and get the Steeda... not because of the brand but because I don't like the little winglets on the Ikon splitter.

Having said that, if you go the other way, you could remove the PP spoiler, line it up on top of the splitter and mark/drill the mounting holes and then reassemble...

Let us know what you decide and be sure to have pix! :)

Loud 5.0

Loud 5.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I can tell you from personal experience that the Steeda splitter is definitely not painless unless the part i got was horribly manufactured. a few of the holes didnt line up properly so we had to do some adjusting and some bending and boring out. overall it ended up working but was not painless lol

OP
OP

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Of the two choices, I would probably spring an extra $120 bucks and get the Steeda... not because of the brand but because I don't like the little winglets on the Ikon splitter.

Having said that, if you go the other way, you could remove the PP spoiler, line it up on top of the splitter and mark/drill the mounting holes and then reassemble...

Let us know what you decide and be sure to have pix! :)
I actually like the winglets haha. I would probably get some to add onto the Steeda splitter, too. And yeah, regardless, I'll get some pictures up, especially if I decide to guinea pig that Ikon one. The price of the Steeda isn't scaring me away at all, but the fact that the Ikon one has the winglets already is a bonus. I'm just kind of weary about the overall quality.

I can tell you from personal experience that the Steeda splitter is definitely not painless unless the part i got was horribly manufactured. a few of the holes didnt line up properly so we had to do some adjusting and some bending and boring out. overall it ended up working but was not painless lol
You're the first person I've heard of having issues with fitment, glad it worked out in the end though!

mumbles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT Prem OW
I actually like the winglets haha. I would probably get some to add onto the Steeda splitter, too. And yeah, regardless, I'll get some pictures up, especially if I decide to guinea pig that Ikon one. The price of the Steeda isn't scaring me away at all, but the fact that the Ikon one has the winglets already is a bonus. I'm just kind of weary about the overall quality.

You're the first person I've heard of having issues with fitment, glad it worked out in the end though!
So there you go, decision made! :D I think Ikon is a fairly respected name in the world of lower priced body pieces. Looking at that splitter, it seems like it might be pretty easy to line up the front lip with the seams on the Ikon piece. Good luck with whichever you choose!

Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Just remember you do get what you pay for. Much of that IKON stuff is resold Alibaba garbage Chinese plastic.

They paid $50 or less per piece and charging you $180.

The Steed splitter is also functional as it is a lot more material covering the splitter and belly pan. This is 1/3 of the material and just cosmetic.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
I hate to admit it, but I like that splitter. Matching side skirts too.

OP
OP

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just remember you do get what you pay for. Much of that IKON stuff is resold Alibaba garbage Chinese plastic.

They paid $50 or less per piece and charging you $180.

The Steed splitter is also functional as it is a lot more material covering the splitter and belly pan. This is 1/3 of the material and just cosmetic.

[MENTION=13194]Blk2015GT[/MENTION] Do you know if the Steeda splitter covers up the brake cooling like the APR splitter does?

dvs73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP/GT
Vehicle Showcase
not half bad. would like to hear from the peanut gallery once someone actually installs one.

Darthmayxj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
This.... I spent an hour trying get screws to line up to the holes. The 2 holes on each end I could never get the push pins to line up so i reach up there and stuck a J clip and screw in it. Felt like i was having to pull on the bumper. THEN after all that the damn thing wasnt centered. About 1/2 inch off to one side. I just pointed this out on another thread where you could see in his picture it wasn't centered. I ended up getting pissed off and selling it and getting a custom made aluminum composite splitter from a guy in my San Antonio group. Took me 10 minutes to install and EVERY hole lined up perfectly.

Sponsored

50Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Corsair & 1990 Mustang GT. 2019 Mustang GT PP2 (Sold), 2019 Lincoln MKZ (Sold), 2017 Mustang GT PP (Sold), 2009 Civic Si (Sold)
[MENTION=13194]Blk2015GT[/MENTION] Do you know if the Steeda splitter covers up the brake cooling like the APR splitter does?
Huh, didn't even know the APR splitter does that. Decisions decisions...

CRUM178

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
ghst

What did you end up going with? That Ikon splitter looks interesting.

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
interested in your results. A splitter will complete my build for now!

ttt637

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 s550 GT
Splitter and skirts

I too am interested in the splitter and skirts. Does anyone know the part numbers for the ones on the PP2 and have ordered and installed on PP1??
Sponsored