Sponsored

Goodyear Eagle F1 tire OE on 2015 Ford Mustang I4 and V6

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
2015 Mustang rolls on Goodyear traction

The Eagle F1 Asymmetric All-Season is a race-inspired tire that offers strong ultra-high performance handling and all-season traction.

The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. says that with the Goodyear Eagle F1 tire OE on 2015 Ford Mustang I4 and V6 models, the two brands continue to put style and performance on the pavement.
Goodyear says Eagle tires have been a key component on Mustangs over the past 50 years, and the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric All-Season tire as a standard fitment on 2015 Mustang I4 and V6 models continues that tradition. The company says early reviews of the redesigned Mustang are strong, as many experts and fans appreciate the signature looks, such as a long, sculpted hood and minimal rear deck.
The Eagle F1 Asymmetric All-Season tire features a specialized tread compound for enhanced wet and dry traction in any season, and TredLock Technology, with microgrooves that help provide biting edges for enhanced wet traction and lock together for confident grip in turns

http://www.moderntiredealer.com/new...-rolls-on-goodyear-traction.aspx?prestitial=1
Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Still wondering what that tire will be on the 18" wheels on the GT. Almost there now!

Cosmos

Threads
Reaction score
2015 Mustang rolls on Goodyear traction

The Eagle F1 Asymmetric All-Season is a race-inspired tire that offers strong ultra-high performance handling and all-season traction.

The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. says that with the Goodyear Eagle F1 tire OE on 2015 Ford Mustang I4 and V6 models, the two brands continue to put style and performance on the pavement.
Goodyear says Eagle tires have been a key component on Mustangs over the past 50 years, and the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric All-Season tire as a standard fitment on 2015 Mustang I4 and V6 models continues that tradition. The company says early reviews of the redesigned Mustang are strong, as many experts and fans appreciate the signature looks, such as a long, sculpted hood and minimal rear deck.
The Eagle F1 Asymmetric All-Season tire features a specialized tread compound for enhanced wet and dry traction in any season, and TredLock Technology, with microgrooves that help provide biting edges for enhanced wet traction and lock together for confident grip in turns

http://www.moderntiredealer.com/new...-rolls-on-goodyear-traction.aspx?prestitial=1
Is this tire's tread pattern something new? A review of numerous tire vendor's websites and the Goodyear site doesn't offer any pics of an A/S F1 with a similar tread pattern.

Black GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT BBP 6R80
The Continental Extreme DW would have been a better choice.

Cosmos

Threads
Reaction score
Being a summer tire, the Conti ExtremeContact DW would not be suitable for winter climes albeit a great choice for your locale.

Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
According to several industry sources, the 'standard fitment' on the 2015 Mustang GT will be 235/50/18 A/S rubber by Pirelli.
Indeed - it mentions that in the article :)

UOP Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 50 LE Kona blue
We run the Continental DWS on our 2013 GT500 in the cold weather. They are a GREAT all-weather tire. In the summer, we run the Nitto Invos. Nittos give a little more traction but the Continentals will easily dig through inches of water or snow.

Cosmos

Threads
Reaction score
We run the Continental DWS on our 2013 GT500 in the cold weather. They are a GREAT all-weather tire. In the summer, we run the Nitto Invos. Nittos give a little more traction but the Continentals will easily dig through inches of water or snow.

On another forum that I follow, The Conti DWS is the overwhelming favored replacement for the OEM tires.

Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
The DWS has become a best selling tire for my Mercedes customers mainly for its great value and it nicely replaces the Conti ProContact that comes standard on many cars.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
I've run Continental Extreme Contact DWS's on 4 of my vehicles, including my '11 GT. Awesome all season performance tires. Had they been available in the sizes I wanted, they'd have ended up on my '14 GT, as well. I ended up buying Eagle F1 Assymetrics for my '14 GT and they're pretty good all seasons, as well, but not quite as sticky as the DWS's.

Here's the F1's on my '14, followed by the DWS's on my '11, for comparison. The F1 pic above that Topnotch posted doesn't look right, as Cosmos pointed out.

Sponsored