OP
OP
Chummel

Chummel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
As an update, turns out it wasn’t the torsen. Not sure what it is, I put the car back together and I’m having it towed to a shop
Sponsored

OP
OP
Chummel

Chummel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
So I towed to the same shop that said it wasn’t the diff and I show them what it is doing and they say “oh yeah it is definitely coming from the rear end. So I am back to thinking it is the diff..... so now that the car is back together how can I test to make sure it is 100% the diff?

OP
OP
Chummel

Chummel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Broken torsen.. First thing I do with a Torsen car in my shop that's going to be on a sticky tire is replace it with a non-torsen pumpkin. Lol

So what you are saying is the torsen breaks easy? Would a traction-LoK be better to replace the torsen with? I want to keep the 3.73s since my gears are longer with the magnum.

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
What made you think it wasn't the diff and put it back together? If you can turn the driveshaft and neither axle spins... seems pretty cut and dry.

Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Any material chunks in the diff fluid means the diff is damaged. End of story.

OP
OP
Chummel

Chummel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
What made you think it wasn't the diff and put it back together? If you can turn the driveshaft and neither axle spins... seems pretty cut and dry.
Couldn’t replicate it when I took it to the shop, they couldn’t turn the driveshaft when axles were held. Didn’t make sense to me that I was able to at home but then not at the shop.

I thought it was cut and dry too but then when the shop tried and it worked normally I was at a loss.

OP
OP
Chummel

Chummel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Quite the opposite, grinding really bad

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
Quite the opposite, grinding really bad
About 13 years ago, I was just about crippled with West Nile disease. Asshole doc told me when I was leaving the office (after saying nothing could be done really - virus) "You're either going to get worse, or you're going to get better."
I'd say the same of you're car. I doubt it is going to get better. Drive it till it breaks, and real easy to figure out then! :D
(My bet is you are looking to get a new pumpkin....)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Chummel

Chummel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
About 13 years ago, I was just about crippled with West Nile disease. Asshole doc told me when I was leaving the office (after saying nothing could be done really - virus) "You're either going to get worse, or you're going to get better."
I'd say the same of you're car. I doubt it is going to get better. Drive it till it breaks, and real easy to figure out then! :D
(My bet is you are looking to get a new pumpkin....)
It’s not going to get better, in fact it is to the point now that I can’t even get the clutch all the way out before it starts grinding. My question is get a whole new pumpkin or scrap the torsen and get a trac lok

Stang-15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Invest in some suspension mods to eliminate the wheelhop which caused the problem to begin with.

OP
OP
Chummel

Chummel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP