Sponsored

Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

Sini5ter08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
The unit is really nice and would like to get one but I see more and more of these for sale. Are people having issues with them?
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I think it is mostly just missing the traditional knobs and maybe a combination of slower start-up but that is common across all of the units.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
The unit is really nice and would like to get one but I see more and more of these for sale. Are people having issues with them?
I like the unit and it makes the stock systems audio better, but I'm missing my knobs and buttons.

Mine is still for sale, if you're looking for one.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
I dont mind it all being touchscreen every now again i have to adjust the fan speed manually I can see this being an issue for people because it can take away from watching the road it doesnt affect me though. Most of the time ill just set it on auto and leave it which is really nice :). I still havent flashed it yet though lol I may get around to that this weekend. It does make the stock sound better if you take advantage of the equalizer otherwise id say its a toss up.

DL3f

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Knobs and button are definitely a factor. And if you live in a cold climate you have to wait for it to boot to set max heat and defrost. But the boot time is not that bad with the 2nd gen/2GB ram unit with the latest rom (june 2017, got it from the seller). I get a consistent 20 seconds or less.

Sponsored

DL3f

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
And if you're not good with a soldering iron, you will have to live with the ugly green LEDs

Last edited:

DL3f

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
For those of you guys that have the unit with the mode toggle switch activating Max AC, did you notice if the toggle is able to activate Max AC before the boot screen show up or shortly after it starts booting? Or does that function only start working later during the boot / once the unit is booted?

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
Thanks for the info Soldier! That most likely means the behavior is hardwired. It will be much harder to walk around it. Guess we will have to live with it.
I'm actually working on that too. I first I thought I could just tell the Headunit to ignore the signal but it won't work at boot. It is hardwire. I just received a bad ac board from a member to let me do some testing. It's toasted but I'll be able to figure out the way it works and check which connection to cut out.

Sponsored

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Quick news: I just found a way to bypass the dev menu (Without 3rd party launcher). I still need to work on it and maybe build a little app to make everybody's life easier to access it lol.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I've learned to love my unit simply by stopping to mess with it and tweak it all the time. I think the unit runs great in stock form minus a few simple things. I flashed it back to stock the other month and just have been using the stock UI and happy. There are things I wish were different stock but it seems like ATX is slowly handling those things. We have all basically been beta testers for this unit. Cosmetically I think it's the best looking system out there. It has such a nice, clean layout.

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
I've learned to love my unit simply by stopping to mess with it and tweak it all the time. I think the unit runs great in stock form minus a few simple things. I flashed it back to stock the other month and just have been using the stock UI and happy. There are things I wish were different stock but it seems like ATX is slowly handling those things. We have all basically been beta testers for this unit. Cosmetically I think it's the best looking system out there. It has such a nice, clean layout.

Beta Testers is a good way of putting it. The Alpha testers had it rough.

Memories of buttons in Chinese, "Dail," and "Please Attention the Surroundings." They still haunt my dreams, along with getting in my car at 4am to go to work, and being blinded by whatever boot image I had.

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Beta Testers is a good way of putting it. The Alpha testers had it rough.

Memories of buttons in Chinese, "Dail," and "Please Attention the Surroundings." They still haunt my dreams, along with getting in my car at 4am to go to work, and being blinded by whatever boot image I had.
The Dail and Stero were the best lmao. They didn't messed up just the way that it shows up but when I did a search in the entire coding I had over 300+ result for Dail and Stero. They literally thought that's how you say it and named every little sh*t like that. :lol:

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
The Dail and Stero were the best lmao. They didn't messed up just the way that it shows up but when I did a search in the entire coding I had over 300+ result for Dail and Stero. They literally thought that's how you say it and named every little sh*t like that. :lol:

At least it didn't say "FM Ladio" and "Music Prayer"
Sponsored