Sponsored

What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

RobMJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 V8 Fastback Manual
There's a nice lady down the road who I sometimes walk my huskies with, she's just knocked on the door and asked if I could take her daughter and her date to the prom as they love my car lol
Excellent! I'm doing 1 in June and another in July!
Sponsored

Davis89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3 - July 16 Mustang
Excellent! I'm doing 1 in June and another in July!
My Boss is borrowing my car (fully insured) next week for his sons prom! luckily for him i'm getting her detailed on Thursday! :)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
My Boss is borrowing my car (fully insured) next week for his sons prom! luckily for him i'm getting her detailed on Thursday! :)
Better than noshing them off for the promotion then :lol::lol::lol::lol:!

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
First night under cover since she left Figaro.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic

Sponsored

simonp83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT S550
I CRASHED!!!!!!!!

Was parking at the gym and the front splitter hit a high curb head on, no damage as the speed was very slow but my heart stopped when I felt a bounce :(.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Does this mean what I think it means...? :eyebulge:

It's a lovely colour :thumbsup:
Noshing off Is exactly what you think it means....

[MENTION=9236]simonp83[/MENTION] damn!!!

peaking of splitters and kerbs.... I'm about 10 inches from the kerb parked my first time at the car park with the pedders on, not a chance I was risking it :clap2:! Still loving the absolute hell out of them, the handling is some kind of wizardry, car feels and is, a lot more planted on the road, doesn't hop around as much when uneven surfaces occur and the rest... That's the novice way of describe them, sure [MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION] can describe coilovers far better :lol:!

simonp83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT S550
Going to be reversing into every parking spot from now on.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Noshing off Is exactly what you think it means....

[MENTION=9236]simonp83[/MENTION] damn!!!

peaking of splitters and kerbs.... I'm about 10 inches from the kerb parked my first time at the car park with the pedders on, not a chance I was risking it :clap2:! Still loving the absolute hell out of them, the handling is some kind of wizardry, car feels and is, a lot more planted on the road, doesn't hop around as much when uneven surfaces occur and the rest... That's the novice way of describe them, sure [MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION] can describe coilovers far better :lol:!

MY15-17 lacks bracing and spherical bearing and the stock dampers are cheap POS.

The result floaty, disconnected and poor response and body control. It was Fords first mass production IRS on a Mustang so it was built to a cost and with comfort more as a priority. Yes the SVT Cobra had IRS back in the day but that was a limited special run.

The GT 350 is a vast improvement, it has more bracing, much better dampers, firmer springs, better tyres blah blah hence the 350 being far more sorted out the box.

When I first got my car options were limited, now options are vast, I'd now not go anywhere near FRPP dampers or just a spring solution, though they give an improvement your just masking the rear issue which is the dampers and some of the rubber bushings.

Decent coilovers like KW, Steeda, Eibach is the answer, I'd personally stick with German or British coilovers wherever possible, if something the Brits are good out, is suspension and the Germans come a very close second, or the Germans makes it, then the Brits tweak it. ;)

But I'd recommend Pedders/KW V1 for those on a budget, fit the Steeda rear top mounts and for most that will sort the handling and give you the stance you want and make the car easier to control on limits.

I've being spoilt owning a 911 and a track prepared M3, but I am happy to say the Mustang is now in a very happy place in the dry, in the wets its still quite a weapon whereas I could drive the 911/M3 as hard in the wet as I do in the dry, which shows how incredible the chassis is on those cars. To drive the Mustang hard in the wet takes skill and balls, neither of which I possess.

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I CRASHED!!!!!!!!

Was parking at the gym and the front splitter hit a high curb head on, no damage as the speed was very slow but my heart stopped when I felt a bounce :(.
I did the same thing, I thought I was far enough away from the kerb. The only difference was that I did damage the splitter :frusty:

simonp83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT S550
I did the same thing, I thought I was far enough away from the kerb. The only difference was that I did damage the splitter :frusty:
What was the damage and was it expensive to fix?

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
What was the damage and was it expensive to fix?

It was this scuff and another smaller one. The only way to fix it would be to buy a new splitter and they are ÂŁ160 from Ford.
IMG_1393JPG.jpg

Lone Survivor

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Priscilla McMustang GT Ruby Team DS
It was this scuff and another smaller one. The only way to fix it would be to buy a new splitter and they are ÂŁ160 from Ford.
You don't happen to know the part No?

Had a bit of a fight with a shit access road :D

On the plus side, have been doing a lot of roads like this, the N71 :D

Had lunch on this terrace :D

Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: GB