Redline8250

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like I stole it.
Here in Florida where all roads are flat, a 3/4" drop won't be of any trouble. I could go up to an inch lower if need be, but not more than that.
Here in Michigan the roads are "flatter"!
So what you're telling me is you don't have any parking lots or driveways to go into?
I live in a rural area and my driveway is level to the road I live on, but most if not all city stores, restaurants, business etc have an approach or entryway that will knock my R splitter off if I even tried to enter them. I also have 30 series tires. 3/4" will make it nearly impossible to get into anywhere except my driveway. Not to mention my trailer with 7' ramps plus 7' race ramps plus using tongue jacks at the rear of the trailer to keep it from squatting while I load my car. I have roughly 3/8" from the splitter to the ramp.
Sponsored

TaraFirma

Wait.....Wut?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 17 GT350, 19 GT, 65 coupe, 13 F-150, 14 Porsche Panamera eHybrid
Prob gonna pass on these too.

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
3/4 of an inch is really not that big of a drop. I would venture to say that if you don't scrape currently, you won't scrape with the drop. Having had an extremely low car previously, I've found myself taking ramps a lot more carefully than I really need to. With how much people complain about scraping on here, I was expecting a lot less clearance when I took delivery.

Redline8250

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like I stole it.
3/4 of an inch is really not that big of a drop. I would venture to say that if you don't scrape currently, you won't scrape with the drop. Having had an extremely low car previously, I've found myself taking ramps a lot more carefully than I really need to. With how much people complain about scraping on here, I was expecting a lot less clearance when I took delivery.
Yeah ok. Good luck.
Do you track your car? If you do you may want to buy stock in fords "ground down splitter" plan.
Hell I don't think you'll even need to track it, on the street it'll scrape.

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
People are on here acting like this will be the lowest car on the market... Tons of cars that come lower from the factory than this car even with a 3/4" drop... You just need to change your driving style if you lower, you can't run up a driveway or into a parking lot or over a speed bump at 20mph anymore. If its too much to worry about this probably isn't for you!

For me its a small sacrifice to make to increase attitude by decreasing altitude

Sponsored

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Yeah ok. Good luck.
Do you track your car? If you do you may want to buy stock in fords "ground down splitter" plan.
Hell I don't think you'll even need to track it, on the street it'll scrape.
You definitely sound like someone who would never lower their car, not sure why you're even in this thread. I've owned cars that I've tracked and street driven that have much less ground clearance and a much more aggressive factory front splitter and have been fine. It mainly comes down to how cautious you are as a driver. The plus side to our cars is that they have plastic splitters so they can take some abuse. Again, if a 20mm drop scares you, then you should never consider lowering any car...ever, lol.

Redline8250

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like I stole it.
You definitely sound like someone who would never lower their car, not sure why you're even in this thread. I've owned cars that I've tracked and street driven that have much less ground clearance and a much more aggressive factory front splitter and have been fine. It mainly comes down to how cautious you are as a driver. The plus side to our cars is that they have plastic splitters so they can take some abuse. Again, if a 20mm drop scares you, then you should never consider lowering any car...ever, lol.
My point is our cars when tracked will / do scrape the splitter. More so with the R splitter. Like I said I have R springs, R splitter, 30 series tires. It scrapes. 20mm lower it'll be toast. I bought the lowering springs from my dealer and I won't be installing them. If you have 35 series tires and regular splitter I'm sure you'll be fine. Just sayin.

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
Here in Michigan the roads are "flatter"!
So what you're telling me is you don't have any parking lots or driveways to go into?
I do but there aren't at any crazy steep angles. Been driving lowered vehicles practically my entire driving career. My 240sx will have about the same ground clearance as the GT350 once I install the lowering springs.

If I am going somewhere I've never been I usually take my truck to "scope" out the area in-case if I ever plan to return with one of my lowered vehicles. Very rarely do I encounter a situation where a lowered vehicle is a no-go.

Blue Raptor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZL1 1LE, GT350, Ford RS, F350 Dually, Explorer
[MENTION=20243]50 Deep[/MENTION]

If an open spot is still available for this group buy can you please add me to the list. Thank you! :cheers:

Blue Raptor

Sponsored
OP
OP
50 Deep

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I never got put on the list. Could you please add me

Ty

EF300
[MENTION=20243]50 Deep[/MENTION]

If an open spot is still available for this group buy can you please add me to the list. Thank you! :cheers:

Blue Raptor
I will get back to adding names once we get this first group rolling. Then I will have a better idea about availability and how long it will take to get to thosecwe already have listed.

The release date has not been pushed back so we should have some answers soon. Thanks for all your patience

RustedAngel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 350R HR215
I will get back to adding names once we get this first group rolling. Then I will have a better idea about availability and how long it will take to get to thosecwe already have listed.

The release date has not been pushed back so we should have some answers soon. Thanks for all your patience
Yeah, I'm hoping with the folks that have backed out I'll end up in the first group. The 30 PS4S raised the car up enough that it's annoying me and I want it back down where it was. Lol. I'm impatient.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I have been driving around with my track wheels instead of the stock wheels. They are 24mm shorter then stock. So they lower the car around 12mm. That 12mm is noticeable but its not a deal breaker. 20mm on shorter tires might be trouble some though lol.

Redline8250

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Like I stole it.
Springs are pushed back until June 6th.

Mr. Adair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT3
Springs are pushed back until June 6th.
Ok, I need a refresher...

How much are we saving with the group buy again? And are we waiting longer because of the group buy and are they available now through normal channels? I'm tired of my lift kit. My R has 500 miles and I have scraped the splitter 6 times! I could care less. The splitter makes the car. I'll replace it when I sell it.
Sponsored