Sponsored

Selling my GT....opinions requested...

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
I would think $35k OBO or so would be reasonable.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
That's about what CarMax is asking for similar cars with low miles in warm climates. If you have snow on the ground, good luck with that.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Nobody is going to pay $40k for a used GT CS
Agree. If it stickered $42k, he likely didn't (shouldn't have) paid $38k new. He's gonna lose the tax and license, and the first year costs $20% even if you don't drive the car. I think his $33-34k sounds real. Brutal. But real.

Sponsored

OP
OP

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mach 1/GT500 Owner
Thanks for all the replies everyone..... in rereading my post I forgot to mention something important in the fact that I bought the car at "A Plan". With that being the case even though the car stickered for almost 42K I was able to get the car for a little over 37K. I understand I will definitely take a hit but better now than later as I can at least get rid of the car insurance and stop the taxes and of course the car payments and try to save for a bigger down payment until a nice GT350 comes along.

In the meantime I have a beater car so I'm not worried about having a vehicle. I can definitely take my time to find the exact car I'm looking for and hopefully the price I'm looking for .

Last edited:

SVT Wylde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randall
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
That is a beautiful car. As much as I love the GT350 I would never track the car or even push it to 40% of its potential. The GT is perfect for me and I can mod it to handle better or accelerate faster. Are you sure you want to sell it?

qwk93ta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 M6 & 2015 Hellcat A8 (10.83 @ 127)
I purchased a 15 GT PP Premium including navi with 3,000 miles for $30,500 last fall. My brother just bought a new 16 GT premium vert w/o navi for $33,800. Good luck with the sale of your car.

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Unfortunately, the price he paid doesn't dictate the market value of the car. You can get a new GT/CS for 33-35 depending on your area. I would be thrilled with any offer over 30k.

Have you thought about driving it for another year or 2 to get ahead of the depreciation? At that point you won't be taking nearly as bad of a haircut.

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
Just curious have you talked to a dealership about a trade? The reason being, the sales tax savings on a trade in of $30K+ is approx. $3k in most areas. So if you can get a dealership to give you $32k for your car, and order a GT350, you might work out better.

Tell the dealership you're in no rush for your GT350, this way you can save a little while the car is on order for 2-3+ months. And you get a GT350 exactly how you want it.

Sponsored

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Before you PAY to put an ad to sell your car, post it on craigslist and cargurus.

I posted mine there and YES, i did get a lot of tire kickers, but only email tire kickers (lol). I didnt meet any of them! Once I gave up trying to trade it in because a stealership wanted to pay me $15k for my '13 5.0 with 25k miles, I sold it to the first person I showed the car to. $24k with both sets of wheels/tires and ground control coil overs. It might have been better to part, but i didnt want to deal with removing the suspension and putting the stock back in, and selling stuff individually.

Either way GLWS. Cant wait to see the GT350 you get! :)

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
Slightly off topic, but is the California edition chin spoiler even longer than the PP spoiler? It looks like it sticks out even more. It would actually make sense if it did, since the CS has a rear spoiler for down force, it would need more front down force too.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Slightly off topic, but is the California edition chin spoiler even longer than the PP spoiler? It looks like it sticks out even more. It would actually make sense if it did, since the CS has a rear spoiler for down force, it would need more front down force too.
Yes it does.
Sponsored