Sponsored

GT350 IM is awesome!

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
I'm surprised you haven't tried the Pmas with your new setup just to see how it responds.
Tough luck now as I sold it to a forum member with the PMAS calibrated MAF as he does not wish to tune his car, he loves it. Rightly so PMAS is the ONLY true CAI that gains performance on a car without a tune because of their calibrated maf sensor.

When I had the PMAS with Lund, I ran that with stock GT maf sensor too due to being tuned.

For me 350 CAI makes fantastic power, looks great and I also prefer the noise, for me the PMAS was bordering boomy at WOT, not an issue I suppose if you have headers drowning at the noise but because the 350 CAI does not sound boomy, it sounds well more like a V8. :)
Sponsored

bunk22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Auto
Hi there

OK I have being the loudest voice here complaining about touchy, jumpy, jerky throttle. I tried stock throttle body and it helped a lot though partial throttle the car still seemed too wild.

Anyway today I decided to remove the GT 350 maf sensor, it came with the CAI so I had left it installed, Lund confirmed this was also fine. I put my stock GT maf sensor into the 350 CAI.

Took car for a drive, cold drive was well not so bad, still a naughty pony but an improvement, though today was warm, well by UK standards anyway, a toasty 7c with intake temps around 13c.

Still once the car was upto temp she was silky smooth, even in normal mode on and off throttle light inputs were no longer shocking the drive train, the car was an absolute joy to drive.

The bad news is I had done this before my lengthy drive out:

Which was a waste of time as car is now dirty again lol.

I spoke with Lund and sent them new logs. They said though rare a maf sensor if its not calibrated perfectly can cause some odd driving behaviour.

Don't want to get ahead of myself and say its fixed or as good as it gets until I take the car out again tomorrow, just to re-confirm there is indeed a marked improvement.

Lund have confirmed the logs look fine, so the 350 maf sensor was not causing any particular fuelling issue, certainly not at heavier throttle loads anyway and the new logs look spot on.

Keeping my fingers crossed this could be an end to my woes and if it is a warning to others who might buy the GT 350 CAI, do not use the supplied maf, stick your stock maf sensor back into it. :)
Interesting...my car only has issues in the 2-3k rpm range, partial throttle. Mine is auto as well so it is giving my tuner fits. I run the JLT, which I'm certainly willing to part with, no loyalty to it at all. It was already on my car and though I've asked my tuner, should I go stock, GT350 stock or something else but he claims it won't matter. To be honest, the surging/hesitation isn't that bad but it's there and annoying. He has tuned 5 M6 cars to the point where their's run exceptionally well, all have different cai's. It's one rpm range but frustrating! Otherwise, my care accelerates great, drives great in all other ranges, shifts aggressively, etc. No complaints there.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
For me 350 CAI makes fantastic power, looks great and I also prefer the noise, for me the PMAS was bordering boomy at WOT, not an issue I suppose if you have headers drowning at the noise but because the 350 CAI does not sound boomy, it sounds well more like a V8. :)
I was about to say "It makes noise?" lol I'll have to listen in March when I have to put the stock catback on to comply with noise restrictions at Atlanta Motorsports Park. ;)

OP
OP

Viperbluecobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base PP Recaros
Man this thread has taken a life of its own! Lol.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi there

I can confirm the change of maf sensor has smoothed things nicely, so much so to the point I am happy with the way it is now, so any further tweaks Lund can do is great.

Cold is now just a little worse than stock and once warm it is smooth, no on or off touchiness. All I would say is light partial throttle pulls much harder on the 350 intake manifold which I guess is down to the runner design of the manifold.

Of course this could be tweaked out by relaxing or dialling back drive by wire system in first three gears individually.

:)

Sponsored

OP
OP

Viperbluecobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi there

I can confirm the change of maf sensor has smoothed things nicely, so much so to the point I am happy with the way it is now, so any further tweaks Lund can do is great.

Cold is now just a little worse than stock and once warm it is smooth, no on or off touchiness. All I would say is light partial throttle pulls much harder on the 350 intake manifold which I guess is down to the runner design of the manifold.

Of course this could be tweaked out by relaxing or dialling back drive by wire system in first three gears individually.

:)
Awesome!!!

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION]
Mate, do the results of the epic PMAS/JLT LiverCake thread make you inclined to add headers to this sweet beast of yours?
Would LOVE to see the results of that combo :thumbsup:

OP
OP

Viperbluecobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've done some data logging for Lund. Got my new tune yesterday. The car feels great!!! I can't wait to go to the track.

Current mods in signature. :)

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION]
Mate, do the results of the epic PMAS/JLT LiverCake thread make you inclined to add headers to this sweet beast of yours?
Would LOVE to see the results of that combo :thumbsup:

Yes I will no doubt do headers for sure, on a UK/Oz car they are worth a huge amount of horsepower across the entire rev range, a good 40-50BHP everywhere I reckon, would put me over 550BHP NA, which is over 110BHP per litre which is very very good!

Lund also cured my throttle issues, they did some further DBW tweaking and now the pedal is lovely and linear in wet and normal modes and sport/race modes are now smooth too. :)

They have kept my file on record and have said if anyone is dis-pleased with their throttle being over-sensitive/touchy to ask for my file (Andrew Gibson / Gibbo) and they will apply the DBW settings to your tune as well.

Helps when the car is cold too, its now as good as the stock car was I would say. :)

jlstro3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm a believer! Finished up my install today and i'm very happy. started right up w/o a hitch. The only thing that really bugged me is the PMAS intake doesn't fit very good due to the throttle body spacer. I might have to do some tweaking on it this week. Also the tune drives great but i'm going to safely assume it's a bit conservative. Gotta datalog after the big ice storm we're supposed to get tomorrow all goes away.

Sponsored

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic Mustang GT PP
I'm a believer! Finished up my install today and i'm very happy. started right up w/o a hitch. The only thing that really bugged me is the PMAS intake doesn't fit very good due to the throttle body spacer. I might have to do some tweaking on it this week. Also the tune drives great but i'm going to safely assume it's a bit conservative. Gotta datalog after the big ice storm we're supposed to get tomorrow all goes away.
I know a few guys used the 350 TB with the PMAS and had no issues on fitment or clearance. Perhaps try grabbing one of those in the near future.

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
I know a few guys used the 350 TB with the PMAS and had no issues on fitment or clearance. Perhaps try grabbing one of those in the near future.
It actually fit my car very poorly as well. My shop didn't like it.

jlstro3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I got it to fit right now, it really isn't great though. I was definitely kicking myself for not getting the GT350 TB.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Have a PMAS new in box and looking to order the 350 IM. What's the fit issue? What TB adapter are you guys trying to use? Trying to get all my ducks lined up.