2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
This guy bumped his head? S197 see's taillights in these parts
Sponsored

TexArmageddon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Man If you cared that much about weight you'd be in a SN95 or Foxbody... GTFO here.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
just buy it..i never liked the s197's i owned..dangerous handling.
the s550 is light years ahead in everyway..rock solid on the road..imho better than the gen5 camaro.
Sorry cant agree
I had my S197 for 4 years, went all over Europe, drove her in the snow and all over the winter. loved the car
But Yes this car is 9 years newer it should be better in every way

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
The issues with S550 are well documented on this forum. Unfortunately, my experience with the S550 has not been great. I realize that not all of them have the same problems that mine did. However I spent $50k on a car that developed exessive wear on the drivers seat bolster (400 miles), miss aligned body panels (almost all S550s) , paint defect (just mine?), AC issue (very common), cooled seat blowers ( all S550s), transmission went out x2, etc. After 3400 miles of ownership, I'd had enough. Maybe some of the issues above will be addressed by Ford in the 2018 model. Until then I have my 2014 to enjoy that's never missed a beat.
Touch Wood, after 2,500 miles only issue is the cooled seats, but have noticed if you put them on after the heat they work much better.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
....exessive wear on the drivers seat bolster (400 miles), miss aligned body panels, paint defect, AC issue , cooled seat blowers, transmission went out x2, etc. After 3400 miles of ownership, I'd had enough.
I've been on this forum for months now, after buying my 2016. I've never read anything about any of what you've mentioned.

Sponsored

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Ive been a mustang fan but never an owner.. always had vettes and camaros etc. The gen before the s550.. s197 I think? got my interest with the return of the coyote.. but what a bloody turd that car was, and is. I had an e46 M3 at the time so it only pointed out all the flaws in the car which was pretty much EVERYTHING except the motor. The s550.. is a giant leaps and bounds ahead. From chassi dynamics, interior styling design and quality, suspension refinement.. not to forget no more farm tractor rear-axle :lol:, its that good. So good I bought one and have no regrets. I will say that I do really love a well modded s197... they can look dam good... but not a chance in hell i will ever own one !! just saying :D

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Ibut what a bloody turd that car was, I will say that I do really love a well modded s197... they can look dam good... but not a chance in hell i will ever own one !! just saying :D
A Boring crappy pile of POO M3, Lifeless, Gutless.
And you say the S197 is full of flaws, Really

Well I am sure the S197 community are heartbroken :shrug:

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT

It was a little harsh :lol: But it pretty much sums up how I feel about the S197.. even to this day. I wont argue with your feelings towards the M3 because it is just opinions here. you may hate it and Ill respect that. I can appreciate that different people like different things in a car.

AlexhadanM3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Blue

Hey, I had an M3 and it was a 110% better driving experience than my 2017 Mustang GT would ever be

Sponsored

American

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GT / 17 GT350
I love both platforms. I'd much rather drive my s550 on the street, but like s197 more on the track because of s550 wheelhop.

Another note, my stock s550 is faster than the equivalent s197. Tested this many times. If yours is slower, get a driver mod and some lighter wheels :p

The weight difference is tiny when you take the heavy OEM s550 wheels out of the equation.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
It was a little harsh :lol: But it pretty much sums up how I feel about the S197.. even to this day. I wont argue with your feelings towards the M3 because it is just opinions here. you may hate it and Ill respect that. I can appreciate that different people like different things in a car.
Have never owned one, same as you with the S197.
But do find the look of the car rather dull
Yes we all have opinions but don't destroy people's pride and joy without even owning one, it tends to put people's backs up :frusty:

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Sorry cant agree
I had my S197 for 4 years, went all over Europe, drove her in the snow and all over the winter. loved the car
But Yes this car is 9 years newer it should be better in every way
Same, I did 5 winters in my S197. Got stuck TWICE in 5 winters. In Wisconsin winters...

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Silly S197 owner. Stock is for kids.

Gen II Coyotes breath hot fire compared to Gen I Coyotes after boost is added.

#boostlife
Sponsored