11/18/16 2017s Produced but, Still Awaiting Shipment

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I just got off of the phone with Trent from Ford Performance. They are putting out mixed messages. He would not concede that the cars not on a train by 11/18/16 would have to wait until mid-March to ship. He steadfastly read his computer screen and towed the company line stating that mine will be delivered between 12/07/16 - 12/13/16.
If that was really going to happen, I think Desha would have been here giving good news.

Speaking of Desha, did you PM her and ask?
Sponsored

OP
OP
FPCV8YO

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
If that was really going to happen, I think Desha would have been here giving good news.

Speaking of Desha, did you PM her and ask?
No, her responses are generally delayed by a couple of days. COTUS and Ford performance provide instant gratification.

K code

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
1966 GT K Code Convertable / 2017 GT350
I would be so happy if these cars were released and shipped to all who have one on order.

Sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350, '68 Firebird, '17 Raptor, '18 Macan GTS
I visited my dealer today and his data showed my car was on a trian in Venice... My build date was 10/27. Delivery date forecast for Dec 8th. Maybe there is hope. I'll get to look at it and park it in my garage until winter is over :p 1st world problems right.

K code

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
1966 GT K Code Convertable / 2017 GT350
Here is the response I received from Deysha on 11/17/16.
I checked on your order and it was released from the plant on 10/30/16, but it has not been put out to await shipment, which if it does not this week, it will not ship. The production of the GT350 and GT350R will be suspended from mid-November through mid-March 2017. We won’t build or ship in the winter months to protect the cars. Have a good one!

Deysha________________

There are conflicting stories depending on who you talk to.

Sponsored

OP
OP
FPCV8YO

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
Here is the response I received from Deysha on 11/17/16.
I checked on your order and it was released from the plant on 10/30/16, but it has not been put out to await shipment, which if it does not this week, it will not ship. The production of the GT350 and GT350R will be suspended from mid-November through mid-March 2017. We won’t build or ship in the winter months to protect the cars. Have a good one!

Deysha________________

There are conflicting stories depending on who you talk to.
Protect the cars by leaving them outside in a parking lot in Flat Rock, MI thru the winter months. Oh, the irony! :mad:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Protect the cars by leaving them outside in a parking lot in Flat Rock, MI thru the winter months. Oh, the irony! :mad:
No surprise..... And the kicker is that someone is probably chomping at the bit for you to cancel your order. Ford knows it, your rep knows it, and your dealer knows it.

I'm not going to fall on my sword on this go around, but I'm going to be once bitten (twice shy) on the next go around.

This whole thing is (in your face) car sales with an attitude.

Yea Ford!
:ford:

Is my contempt shining through?

Last edited:

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Last year I bitched up a storm to ford about the cars build date. My cars build date was 10/21/2015 and I had to wait until 12/2/15 to get it. Remember I live 15 miles from Flatrock. It wasn't until I called fords higher up that got me somewhere. I don't remember the guys name but he had some other guy call me, which he did and he was not happy about the long wait. Next thing I know my dealer called me the very next morning and it was ready for pick up.

OP
OP
FPCV8YO

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
No surprise..... And the kicker is that someone is probably chomping at the bit for you to cancel your order. Ford knows it, your rep knows it, and your dealer knows it.

I'm not going to fall on my sword on this go around, but I'm going to be once bitten (twice shy) on the next go around.

This whole thing is (in your face) car sales with an attitude.

Yea Ford!

Is my contempt shining through?
They were given a drop dead date today.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
They were given a drop dead date today.
Well then....

RIP (at least until spring).

I feel your pain. My dealership had 3 R allocations and I was #3. My order was in as soon as they were taking orders. However, just as I said, they don't care. If I dropped out tomorrow the sun will still come up and someone else would be glad to have my allocation.

I brought this up to the wife tonight over dinner. She was angry too. She cant believe Ford would do this to you. I really cant believe they can't arrange a special delivery for a very special car. I do believe that the way Ford sees it is that this is not a special car. They cant even get fit and finish right. Gaps in panels and orange peel in the paint (among other things).

But here we are buying these damn cars. Like I said, once bitten...... Screw the GT500. They can keep it.

oh, I almost forgot......

Yea Ford!
(sarcasm intended)

Sponsored
OP
OP
FPCV8YO

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
The R before mine hit a FL dealer today. The R after mine hit the train yard in SC yesterday. An R 6 after mine hit the same SoCal train yard mine should have gone to on Saturday. 2+2 = something is / was wrong with my car.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
The R before mine hit a FL dealer today. The R after mine hit the train yard in SC yesterday. An R 6 after mine hit the same SoCal train yard mine should have gone to on Saturday. 2+2 = something is / was wrong with my car.
I know exactly how you feel. I got the same run around. When my car was said to of been shipped, two days later it was returned to the plant. It then sat for 9 days and said was in for updates.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2+2= no rhyme or reason. So you are saying that the parking lot full of gt350's is the land of misfit toys?

I'm more inclined to think that there is a determined order involved in how cars are allocated and shipped. vis a vis, a lack of transparency in the allocation and manufacturing order. Hypothetically speaking, if Jay Lenno's car rolled off the line after yours, do you really think yours is going to ship first?

The deck is stacked and I know that if I don't like it, I can jump ship (just like you). It sucks and I don't like the way Ford does business behind their dealer network and representatives. But at the end of the day, what are you going to do? Ford knows that the car will sell with or without you (especially when they are dealing with arguably the most successful car in recent ford history). I hope you got a good deal on it.

The honeymoon is over. I have been horrified by the screwing that people got buying these cars for large ADM's and the runaround from yahoo dealers all trying to extract the last red cent that they can out of each potential buyer. I don't like it, but I do have a choice where I spend my money. Again, once bitten twice shy. Next time I get involved in one of these cars it will be with eyes wide open. For each and every guy who's car is stuck sitting on a frigid lot for the winter, you ought to think about that next time you have to dig into your wallet to the tune of 70 something K to get sub production line treatment.

I'm outa here. Best of luck :cheers:

oh, I almost forgot again....

Yea Ford!
(insincerity intended)

Last edited:

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Another consideration to all this is the Rail Companies tell Ford when space is available and not Ford telling the Rail Companies when to ship..Understand this might not affect all.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Another consideration to all this is the Rail Companies tell Ford when space is available and not Ford telling the Rail Companies when to ship..Understand this might not affect all.
I don't believe his has even been released for shipment yet.
Sponsored