mombo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Triple Yellow
Crack

I think that there are doubters about the validity of the Cup 2s cracking in the cold. I'm here to attest to the fact that it's very real. (damn, mombo's pic didn't come with)
Here is the pic...Tell them you will call Ford Customer Service and open a case if they want to go that route. Good Luck :)
1808.JPG

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
Delivered today, 12/01/16, with cracked tires.
Please show us a pic of the cracked tires. I know that the Goodyear tires had that issue at low temps, but I hadn't seen any advisories on this for the Michelin tires.

OP
OP
FPCV8YO

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
Here is the pic...Tell them you will call Ford Customer Service and open a case if they want to go that route. Good Luck :)
I've already done that. I will say that my cracks are not that severe but, they are cracks on new expensive tires on a new expensive car. That's unacceptable to me.

OP
OP
FPCV8YO

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
Please show us a pic of the cracked tires. I know that the Goodyear tires had that issue at low temps, but I hadn't seen any advisories on this for the Michelin tires.
Directly from Michelin:

Michelin Ultra-High Performance (UHP) Sport Summer tires use tread compounds that are optimized for maximum dry and damp grip in temperate conditions. As the temperature of the compound nears freezing, the grip level of the tire begins to degrade. Michelin does not recommend using UHP Sport Summer tires when tire temperatures drop below 40°F (5°C) or on snow and ice.

At tire temperatures below 20°F (-7°C) Michelin UHP Sport Summer tires may develop surface cracks in the upper sidewall and tread area if flexed. Do not use, roll, or drop MICHELIN UHP Sport Summer tires with temperatures below 20°F (-7°C). If the tires have been cooled to 20°F (-7°C) or less, let them warm up in a heated space to at least 40°F (5°C) before being installed or moving a vehicle on which they are installed. Do not apply heat or blow heated air directly on the tires. Always inspect tires before use. Never use a tire with freeze cracks, breaks, or damage to the sidewall or tread. If in any doubt please consult your local Michelin contact or call Michelin Consumer Care at 1-866-866-6605.

Sponsored

mombo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Triple Yellow
Cracks

I've already done that. I will say that my cracks are not that severe but, they are cracks on new expensive tires on a new expensive car. That's unacceptable to me.
Well if they're really not to bad and only minor surface cracks maybe chill.

The last thing you want is damage to your CF wheels changing them out.

Then that would really suck and just make things worse.

The Cup2 tires will wear the cracks out fast if they are just on the surface.

Here was my 2014 GT500 I ordered new and should have never sold. :frusty:
1755.jpg
2283.jpg
2284.jpg
2281.jpg
2467.jpg
1757.jpg

OP
OP
FPCV8YO

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
Well if they're really not to bad and only minor surface cracks maybe chill.

The last thing you want is damage to your CF wheels changing them out.

Then that would really suck and just make things worse.

The Cup2 tires will wear the cracks out fast if they are just on the surface.

I'm really not chill even if they are just surface cracks. I wouldn't accept cracks in the paint, lights, windshield etc...

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd still like to see pics if you have them.

Just a few thoughts:

If they won't replace the tires then the easy answer is to pass on the car. If you don't want to do that...

Perhaps a better option might be to buy the car and THEN, before driving off, immediately show the cracks to the service dept and politely request warranty replacement. They will take pics and get Ford to approve the warranty replacement, which Ford will doubtless provide if your info from Michelin is correct.

Along with this, after having bought the car, politely let the sales manager know that if the tires are not replaced then your displeasure will be made known in the after sale survey. They live and die by this survey, it's very important to them. If you threaten a bad survey result before the sale is finalized though they'll likely just refuse to sell you the car.

You may end up replacing the tires yourself if you go this route, but I doubt it. Do what you think is right.

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm with you. I had an '09, an '11 a '13 and a '14. I wish I'd never sold the '11 or the '14.

I want to keep the GT350, as it's an absolutely fantastic car, but I'm worried that it's going to be something of a hothouse flower in regards to the FPC engine.

OP
OP
FPCV8YO

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
I'd still like to see pics if you have them.

Just a few thoughts:

If they won't replace the tires then the easy answer is to pass on the car. If you don't want to do that...

Perhaps a better option might be to buy the car and THEN, before driving off, immediately show the cracks to the service dept and politely request warranty replacement. They will take pics and get Ford to approve the warranty replacement, which Ford will doubtless provide if your info from Michelin is correct.

Along with this, after having bought the car, politely let the sales manager know that if the tires are not replaced then your displeasure will be made known in the after sale survey. They live and die by this survey, it's very important to them. If you threaten a bad survey result before the sale is finalized though they'll likely just refuse to sell you the car.

You may end up replacing the tires yourself if you go this route, but I doubt it. Do what you think is right.
It's a courtesy delivery / drop shipment which complicates the matter.

Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
It's a courtesy delivery / drop shipment which complicates the matter.
I know it sucks and it is complete bullshit that you paid that much for a car with cracked tires.................but, if I were you I'd still take the car and fight it out with Ford to replace them. Especially for an R.

It sucks, but Ford (GT350R) is like a once in a lifetime super unobtainable hot chick in this situation. You know it's wrong, but you gotta take the opportunity when you get it. ;)

Yah, I've had a few :cheers: tonight, but seriously, good luck with it and don't make a rash decision out of anger.

OP
OP
FPCV8YO

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
I know it sucks and it is complete bullshit that you paid that much for a car with cracked tires.................but, if I were you I'd still take the car and fight it out with Ford to replace them. Especially for an R.

It sucks, but Ford (GT350R) is like a once in a lifetime super unobtainable hot chick in this situation. You know it's wrong, but you gotta take the opportunity when you get it. ;)

Yah, I've had a few :cheers: tonight, but seriously, good luck with it and don't make a rash decision out of anger.
I'm of the opinion that I'm in stronger position trying to fight it before taking possession of it.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
I'm of the opinion that I'm in stronger position trying to fight it before taking possession of it.
With almost any other car I'd agree with you, but in this situation, I'm not so sure. But, I get where you are coming from and I know you gotta do what you gotta do.

Readfast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
17 F350 King Ranch, 17 Focus RS
Sorry to hear the issues with your tires FPCV8YO. As you already stated in a previous post, my car was the one that was built after yours HR269 and was delivered to SC train yard on 11/21. Not trying to rub it in. But wanted to chime in about the delivery of my car. My car was loaded on a truck and left on 11/22, but didn't show up to the dealer until 11/28 (6 days later). Apparently (can't verify this) my car sat on the truck at the drivers house for the Thanksgiving Holiday and the whole weekend. Car showed up Monday around 4pm. Why did it leave on a Tuesday and not show up til next Monday? The train yard and my dealer are about an hour drive! Why in the world would the driver not deliver it on Wednesday the 23rd???? Next issue car was loaded incorrectly. 3rd issue, passenger side rocker panel has a large scratch/gouge in paint. 4th issue only 1 key fob was delivered with the car.
Fortunately I don't have any tire issues.

Figured I would let you know my woes, not that it would make you feel any better.
Just wanted you to know that your not alone. :frusty:

IMG_1873.jpg

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Hope all is well?! What is the outcome of this?
Sponsored