GT350 IM is awesome!

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Good info in here. I'm glad i stumbled upon it, and you guys convinced me to order. I'm very excited to get a nice bump in power for a decent price all while not having to lower my motor or notch the hood :lol:. I'll post up my results and thoughts after install and some fun time.
I've seen a CJ vs GT350 on two 2015s same mods otherwise and same Lund tune for E-85. The CJ didn't gain anything over the GT350.
Sponsored

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Anyone running a Steeda intake with the GT350 Mani? Does Lund have a tune for that?
Yes, I am running the Steeda CAI, the GT350 IM and a Lund 93 tune.

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
Everyone running out to buy the gt350im please remember, if you don't have the balls to rev this thing to at least 7600-7800rpm then stick with the factory im. The major gains that outweigh the mild losses down lower all happen above 7000 rpm. Your car will be slower if you don't let her eat! Either get the opg, etc or strap on a pair! Just fair warning! It is awesome, worth the money, and I love mine but you will be disappointed if you don't rev it out. Its intoxicating!

GOTZS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White GT
I was running a ported GT350TB and E85 it laid down 456 on the best pass in 115 degree humid AZ weather on a mustang dyno, it actually set his NA coyote record. I got fed up with the surging and initial tip in spike and my local tuner was not willing to put in the R&D time after promising to make it right, he couldn't, $700 lesson learned!! Got the MMR adapter and went back to the stock TB and went with Lund, car feels stronger on 91 and pulls like a freight train, feels better then anything my local tuner could do, and more linear. Lund always said from the get go what they can and couldn't do with the GT350TB, can they tune for it yes, but it's not 100%, for some that's okay, for others they want it perfect. Honesty is something rare these days, for that Lund earned a life long customer from me not to mention amazing customer service. Just tired of the BS and the greed mail order and local tuners say and not have to back it up. My manifold has been on the car for awhile and dealt with two major tuners who flat both increased their prices on me and lied saying they had it dialed in when they hadn't even got their hands on one yet!!! Hope to get it back on the dyno when the cooler weather comes and see what she makes, but 450+ is very doable, sorry it's long winded, getting off my soap box now, just my experience, hope it helps someone out there from wasting money like I did.

Sponsored

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I was running a ported GT350TB and E85 it laid down 456 on the best pass in 115 degree humid AZ weather on a mustang dyno, it actually set his NA coyote record. I got fed up with the surging and initial tip in spike and my local tuner was not willing to put in the R&D time after promising to make it right, he couldn't, $700 lesson learned!! Got the MMR adapter and went back to the stock TB and went with Lund, car feels stronger on 91 and pulls like a freight train, feels better then anything my local tuner could do, and more linear. Lund always said from the get go what they can and couldn't do with the GT350TB, can they tune for it yes, but it's not 100%, for some that's okay, for others they want it perfect. Honesty is something rare these days, for that Lund earned a life long customer from me not to mention amazing customer service. Just tired of the BS and the greed mail order and local tuners say and not have to back it up. My manifold has been on the car for awhile and dealt with two major tuners who flat both increased their prices on me and lied saying they had it dialed in when they hadn't even got their hands on one yet!!! Hope to get it back on the dyno when the cooler weather comes and see what she makes, but 450+ is very doable, sorry it's long winded, getting off my soap box now, just my experience, hope it helps someone out there from wasting money like I did.
Lund had told me the same thing, he was up-front from the start. I've read in some forums here that a few tuners/shops have it dialed in with the 350 IM and TB combo and the owners are happy with it. For me, I'm happy with my stock 80mm TB and 350 IM. I wanted to hit a certain amount of hp to the wheels, and I got it. My tune from Lund is spot on with no issues anywhere throughout the rpm range. Power, driveability, reliability. It's all good.

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
Dialing in the TB isn't very hard. It is just very time consuming. These ECUs are torque based instead of airflow based. You must dyno the car in varying loads and throttle positions and changed the torque and inverse torque tables for each mapped point based on your dyno/driving results. You then make the driver demand torque match those tables. If you don't, the ECU will close the throttle and you will get the surging you're feeling. It's the throttle opening and closing slightly when the torque figures get out of the loop.

"The more you know" lol

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Based on where you live I'm 99% sure I know who your initial tuner was.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Dialing in the TB isn't very hard. It is just very time consuming. These ECUs are torque based instead of airflow based. You must dyno the car in varying loads and throttle positions and changed the torque and inverse torque tables for each mapped point based on your dyno/driving results. You then make the driver demand torque match those tables. If you don't, the ECU will close the throttle and you will get the surging you're feeling. It's the throttle opening and closing slightly when the torque figures get out of the loop.

"The more you know" lol
It's also most likely due to us hp tuners users including Lund (they use hp tuners n gauge) just a couple weeks ago getting more throttle tables than we had. I have a stock 16 voodoo file and the biggest differences are actually in those tables not the torque inverse and DD tables.

Sponsored

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
He's 3700lbs race weight so basically full weight car.
My performance pack premium was 3,734lbs on some calibrated race scales with a quarter tank. It's 4,009 with me in it.

Even with base options, he's down at least 100lbs. I know he has the seats out of it, you can see in his videos.

Higgs Boson had the 350TB on a 350IM dialed in months ago, February/March IIRC. Before the TB tables were released.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
My performance pack premium was 3,734lbs on some calibrated race scales with a quarter tank. It's 4,009 with me in it.

Even with base options, he's down at least 100lbs. I know he has the seats out of it, you can see in his videos.

Higgs Boson had the 350TB on a 350IM dialed in months ago, February/March IIRC. Before the TB tables were released.
I'm Sorry but that's pretty much impossible. Unless he guessed all the correct throttle body settings his throttle wasn't opening all the way or at the correct rate. Not to mention tables he needed to dial it in he didn't have access to at the time. Max angle is 5* greater on the GT350 throttle body. The motor drive ratio is different and a few other very important details. Without those you are band aiding at best. I don't have my laptop right now but trust me there are a lot of things that need to be changed in the tune that were not available up until the latest release update about two weeks ago.

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
I'm Sorry but that's pretty much impossible. Unless he guessed all the correct throttle body settings his throttle wasn't opening all the way or at the correct rate. Not to mention tables he needed to dial it in he didn't have access to at the time. Max angle is 5* greater on the GT350 throttle body. The motor drive ratio is different and a few other very important details. Without those you are band aiding at best. I don't have my laptop right now but trust me there are a lot of things that need to be changed in the tune that were not available up until the latest release update about two weeks ago.

I only know what he says. He's very active over on the HPT forum. He might have more info over there. He claimed that he had it dialed in and it ran great.

JDM claimed the same a few months ago.

V8EATR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP

Agreed. Mine was just over 3700 stock. I'm about 250 and I got mine to #3880 with almost no gas, that's no spare, no STB, full exhaust, #20 lighter clutch/ds, drag pack rear wheels (#20-25 lighter). Granted a base non PP car would be lighter but not by that much.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I only know what he says. He's very active over on the HPT forum. He might have more info over there. He claimed that he had it dialed in and it ran great.

JDM claimed the same a few months ago.
It might run decent but I bet if he changed those tables now it is probably even better. I'm still on the fence about the GT350 throttle body. Definitely doing GT350 manifold though.
Sponsored