What did you do to your GT350 today?

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
I would totally do this but I can't get confirmation if this would affect the smog check here in the beautiful smog free of California. I wouldnt want to delete the resonators if it will not pass smog.

Is it louder on normal mode too? NO!
How about 6th gear, is it still quiet just like it came from the factory? YES!!

Thanks in advance.
In the SF Bay Area... they no longer put "newer" cars on the rollers. i.e. they no longer put the "thingy" in the tail pipe. They only connect their computer to the OBDII port on the car. That's it and done... takes about 5 minutes after they "inspect" under the hood. The ECU, or onboard computer, is collecting all the NOx, HC, CO, CO2, and such which feeds the info to the "tester" connected to the OBDII... or so I've been told.

I had to take my GT350 to get SMOG in January since I got it out of State. The guy only hooked it up to the OBDII port and that was it. p.s. it FAILED only because it had 8 miles and the ECU hadn't collected any data. PASSED after I drove it 100 miles.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
In the SF Bay Area... they no longer put "newer" cars on the rollers. i.e. they no longer put the "thingy" in the tail pipe. They only connect their computer to the OBDII port on the car. That's it and done... takes about 5 minutes after they "inspect" under the hood. The ECU, or onboard computer, is collecting all the NOx, HC, CO, CO2, and such which feeds the info to the "tester" connected to the OBDII... or so I've been told.

I had to take my GT350 to get SMOG in January since I got it out of State. The guy only hooked it up to the OBDII port and that was it. p.s. it FAILED only because it had 8 miles and the ECU hadn't collected any data. PASSED after I drove it 100 miles.
All the emission test does with the car's OBD II port connected to their computer is look at the ECU to see if there are any emission related trouble-codes stored, and to also ensure the ECU is in the "ready" state to be tested. The ECU doesn't collect any actual exhaust gas contents like the old tail pipe sniffers use to do.

If you had a Check Engine light on, and disconnected the battery to clear it then reconnected and drive down to the emission test station it would not pass (like your 8 mile GT350) because the ECU would not be in the correct "ready" state for the test. I actually tried this one time, and they sent me away because the ECU wasn't in the "ready" state. When it did get to the ready state after more driving, the trouble-code reset and the Check Engine light came back on - which would have resulted in a FAIL if it was OBD II tested. So they have designed the OBD II test method to not allow the ECU to pass unless it's fully in the ready to test state.

Some states also still do a visual inspection of the engine, exhaust, etc to look for physical modifications.

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
Yeah in Richmond VA we don't have smog, and check engine light doesn't matter. But we still look for the physical presence of catalytic converters. We just don't test them. Now most counties in Northern VA do test smog. VA annual inspection is a pretty thorough "safety" inspection and helps keep our insurance rates low. So not really geared towards emissions, they only add that on to the more heavily populated counties close to the city.

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
A resonator is not a smog related part. I understand replacing it with a straight pipe might raise a few eye brows, but even the bone stock oem Shelby exhaust with resonators looks cobbled and pieced together. If I didn't have ARH long tubes, I'd bend a one piece X pipe from the stock cats to the muffler and elimate all the bs in between.

Sponsored

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
I visited my car at the dealer today. It has sat for 5 days now with zero momentum towards actually being fixed. .

They called me on wednesday to say that it just needed a new drain plug. I did not respond as nicely as i should have. They said it would go back up on the lift and theyd take a look.

I hadnt heard anything, so i stopped by today.

I had to wait an hour for the tech to put the car on the lift so I could point out the crack in the transmission.

Then i noticed that the towtruck driver scraped the hell out of the underside of my car, including grinding the flex joints on the Kooks catted mid pipes to the point that the metal mesh was completely gone on the underside and the actual flex pipe was ground past the ribs ans showed holes.

On top of that, the Ti exhaust wrap was shredded and hanging off.

AND , beyond that, I found a dent on the car that is right above the side skirt, about the side of a fist, which was not there when my car left my possession.

The service manager has been off on vacation all week, and now i know who keeps the dealer's service personnel in line. thankfully he is back on monday, but i know the conversation is not going to be how he wanted to come back from time off.

C/n: car has sat for 5 days, has been damaged and the only thing that has been recommended is a new drain plug.

I could not be more furious right now. AND i get to eat my $500 for the track weekend I already paid for.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
I visited my car at the dealer today. It has sat for 5 days now with zero momentum towards actually being fixed. .

They called me on wednesday to say that it just needed a new drain plug. I did not respond as nicely as i should have. They said it would go back up on the lift and theyd take a look.

I had to wait an hour for the tech to put the car on the lift so I could point out the crack in the transmission.

Then i noticed that the towtruck driver scraped the hell out of the underside of my car, including grinding the flex joints on the Kooks catted mid pipes to the point that the metal mesh was completely gone on the underside and the actual flex pipe was ground past the ribs ans showed holes.

AND , beyond that, I found a dent on the car that is right above the side skirt, about the side of a fist, which was not there when my car left my possession.

The service manager has been off on vacation all week, and now i know who keeps the dealer's service personnel in line. thankfully he is back on monday, but i know the conversation is not going to be how he wanted to come back from time off.

C/n: car has sat for 5 days, has been damaged and the only thing that has been recommended is a new drain plug.

I could not be more furious right now. AND i get to eat my $500 for the track weekend I already paid for.
Your day almost went as bad as Ferrie's Bueller. I feel for you.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood

I feel for you man! This is really BULL FUCKING SHIT!
Nobody ever cares about another's belongings. This is a perfect time for you to contact Ford and Ford performance. I know that won't do much, but it's a start. I know you and I talked before about this but nobody touches my car except me. I know this is a warranty issue but it really proves a point that even the dealer doesn't care about its customers. If I were in your shoes I'd be skipping the service manager and go straight to the dealership owner and let loose on him! I own a automotive service business myself and although I'm a owner operator in a different environment, I still do all the work myself and face my customers one on one. Only I perform the repair and service. The only way I see you getting this taken care of is dealing with the owner of the dealer. Nothing they fked up can be undone, it's ashamed.
Sorry you are going through this!

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
So sorry to hear about your horrible dealership experience. I get anxiety just thinking of having to bring my car in to the dealer. Hope they make it right for you.
Sponsored