Sponsored

PMAS Power Results Thread

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
It's easy to just adjust the MAF only but leave the rest of the tune alone to get consistent before and after results.
I'll take your word for it. But who is directing the tuner to do that when they purchase a tune? It would be great if someone here would do give it a go, but I can certainly understand why they wouldn't.
Sponsored

OP
OP
dev1360

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
I go to the track often, this car has trapped a best of 116 on the stock intake. Unfortunately, I'll need a clutch before I go back. Abusing it on street tires launches has taken its toll. Headers are going in with the clutch also, so it won't be a good comparison.

Dyno results are valid if you look at the before/after on the same dyno, same day, and ignore the total numbers.

Trap speed is great and shows power for a given weight, but the variables of driver weight, DA, and wind direction play a roll also.

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Manufacturer claims are one thing (especially when no dyno sheets are produced). Actual non-vendor produced numbers are another. JLT requires a tune - so very hard to say how much of that 12-15 is coming from the intake vs. the tune.
Just FYI

Our claim WITH TUNING is 28-35whp, that's tune gains and intake gains combined

12-15 whp Just with swapping the intake is common, I have posted 5-10 different plots over time from multiple sources confirming this.

This is nothing new and can be found in the 1500 different intake threads in this section alone.

SD_GT

4-Banger
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nope
Vehicle(s)
Red.
I'd be curious to know what Steeda's CAI + Tune gains are. JLT nets 28-35whp with a tune? That's awesome.

OP
OP
dev1360

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
FWIW, when this car was tuned on the dyno on 93, we gained 25whp, and 19ft lbs of torque at peak. Unknown how much E85 gained over that. This PMAS then showed ANOTHER 14WHP over the tune without any changes. Look at it from that perspective.
From my other thread. I don't know what E85 gained me.

Sponsored

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Just FYI

Our claim WITH TUNING is 28-35whp, that's tune gains and intake gains combined

12-15 whp Just with swapping the intake is common, I have posted 5-10 different plots over time from multiple sources confirming this.

This is nothing new and can be found in the 1500 different intake threads in this section alone.
Thanks for the clarification.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
nice job, the only thing we do different when doing testing is to make 3 runs back to back in each configuration, gives a good average and insures even temps

OP
OP
dev1360

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
nice job, the only thing we do different when doing testing is to make 3 runs back to back in each configuration, gives a good average and insures even temps

I wish I could have. We tried to, but the shop only had limited time due to other appointments.

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Thanks for posting results and it has once again confirmed my belief that all these aftermarket intakes are worth roughly 10-15 rwhp no matter the brand. The only thing to decide IMO is closed box or open. I prefer the closed systems to keep underhood heat out.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
Sweet you picked up 10 from that intake. I picked up 7 with an airaid. It'll be interesting hearing the CAI do nothing crowds comments.
They're here. One in particular.

So real world results say it's no better than the rest of the current systems on the market.

JLT Claims 12-15whp over the stock box

Steeda Claims 22whp (still have yet to see an independent test)

Roush claims 10whp

Airaid ?

Flow charts, 1000+ post threads, function over form...and it makes the same power.

Needless to say pick which one you like the best in value, looks, customer support and options
Airaid from dynos I have seen gain about 7-10.

Sponsored

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
Thanks for putting an end to this debate. And thanks to Vinny@JLT for posting results here and on another thread. But for the most part, it shouldn't have come to the point where people were we needed this type of proof. If you've been as involved as some of these guys say they are and if you're as much of an expert and have as much experience as some of these guys brag about, then the difference of 10 hp and increased TR should have been obvious. It's funny how people mention hardcore racing and such but can't recognize something obvious. Which makes me think that some of these hardcore racers are not what they think they are.

Speaking of racing, in comparison to dynos, both are just pieces to a puzzle. And to me, one does not outweigh the other in validity. A dyno shows you the changes a mod does to the engine's output. The track shows you the differences a mod makes to the entire car. Just because the entire car doesn't have a change does not automatically make a mod worthless. Plus a lot of us, like myself, refuse to go to the track and constantly beat the crap out of our cars. I go every now and then. But I don't go to get a best time or to beat my previous speed. I go to have fun legally, meet people, see other cars, and hang out with friends. My car might not run to it's full potential, but I don't care. Because I didn't buy a track car. So for me, dyno numbers will always be more important. Good results man. Now we all know.

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
[MENTION=19646]dev1360[/MENTION] Did you get any other plots or graphs from the sessions that show the torque with better resolution? What gear were the pulls in? The graphs seem to show very minimal torque gains which does not make sense.

As you know, how much I'd hate to help this product, the truth is when we track tested it (granted it was the original version with their MAF design) in JUNE of 2015 (Welcome to the party Band Wagoners) :D it pulled like a freight train down low, like massive tire spin on corner exit torque increases that I do not see in the graph. Even on the street in the heat it would almost brake the tires loose at the top of third on a long sweeper on ramp.

I don't know if your tune has something to do with that in that you are already optimized as far as torque production or we were just seeing the effects of load factor manipulations (My data logs did not show any IIFC)

Our original plan was to do back to backs on all three versions plus the stock airbox (because our car has an x-pipe only and no tunes in it) for a real comparison of gains but that never happened.

[MENTION=13598]Gibbo205[/MENTION] HERE is what it sounds like over a helmet mounted GoPro. (This was version 1) Don't judge the driving, I was just messing around on stock front tires with the tread peeling off :cool:

OP
OP
dev1360

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
I don't have any other graphs. The pulls were done in 5th gear.

I noticed a touch more tire spin, in some situations, but 14whp high in the RPM band isn't really going to be felt.

Desolate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 2014 Cbr-1000rr
[MENTION=19646]dev1360[/MENTION] how were you launching on your track passes?

OP
OP
dev1360

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
[MENTION=19646]dev1360[/MENTION] how were you launching on your track passes?
Just riding out the clutch from 2-3k rpms.
Sponsored