Nick
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tremor

IowaPony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White 2015 GT Base --SOLD
NOTE: If you go with the GT350 IM just make sure to either get the MMR adapter kit to use your stock TB, or you will have issues with your Lund tune. I've been having startup issues and a lot of part throttle surge with mine and they have yet to work the issues out. I just get told that it's not worth their time to tune out the issues when there's an alternate solution that yields the same HP. So here I sit with a disappointing tune and no way out of it but to go with a different supplier. I've even offered to take my car to PA to let them work out the issues in order to provide me with a more steady pull and to be able to pass it on to others. Can't say that I'm happy with my Lund tune at this point. Paid all this $$$ for it and they won't do their job.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
I'm utilizing the stock tb till all that is ironed out. The GT350 steps down to a 84mm at the blade so I wasn't too worried about it. 4mills is roughly an 1/8th of an inch in total diameter loss between the too. JDM told me the most loss they saw was 4-5hp but back to back runs can vary by that. However the stock 80mm does make more torque. My car runs like a raped ape. This has more seat of the pants fun then the headers did. Favorite mod so far!

Are you saying the stock TB makes more torque with GT 350 intake manifold compared to using the actual GT 350 TB?

RubyRedBoost

Traded EB old name New GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
Are you saying the stock TB makes more torque with GT 350 intake manifold compared to using the actual GT 350 TB?
Yes essentially. A few members have posted graphs to support this. The step in the oem GT350 tb is there to aid in low end torque from what I've read, although there isn't too much literature on the throttle body itself at the moment. So this isn't just a wild theory. Plus my car feels stronger literally everywhere in the rev range. I have zero surging or any issue whatsoever. Well other than trying to keep my foot off the gas.

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Yes essentially. A few members have posted graphs to support this. The step in the oem GT350 tb is there to aid in low end torque from what I've read, although there isn't too much literature on the throttle body itself at the moment. So this isn't just a wild theory. Plus my car feels stronger literally everywhere in the rev range. I have zero surging or any issue whatsoever. Well other than trying to keep my foot off the gas.
Ah cool so did you originally have the 350 TB as well then?

Now you have it running sweet would you say the car feels like it lost torque or response anywhere down low compared to stock intake manifold?

RubyRedBoost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
Ah cool so did you originally have the 350 TB as well then?

Now you have it running sweet would you say the car feels like it lost torque or response anywhere down low compared to stock intake manifold?
I went with the adapter from the get go. I think I gained power everywhere to be completely honest with you. Usually around 3-4K with the headers I would feel the car open up and pull hard entering the power band when I'd stab the gas. Now it pulls harder the same way except at 6k you hear and feel it going into an even harder power band. It scared me a little the first time, frying new tires from a 70 punch on the freeway is a rush.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP

longbowsvt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP magnetic metallic
http://maxbore.com/
I'm getting ready to send my stocker to him. My cousin is already running one that he did on his GT350 manifold. This service takes the stocker to just shy of 85mm for $140 and you will have to worry about the GT350 TB drivability issues.

RubyRedBoost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
http://maxbore.com/
I'm getting ready to send my stocker to him. My cousin is already running one that he did on his GT350 manifold. This service takes the stocker to just shy of 85mm for $140 and you will have to worry about the GT350 TB drivability issues.
Just read over the the whole site and was very impressed. What were your cousins results?

Sponsored

longbowsvt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP magnetic metallic
[MENTION=12860]RubyRedBoost[/MENTION] he picked back up the power he lost going from the gt350 back to the stocker. He said it was definitely worth the money and made more torque than when he had the gt350 TB probably due to having better flow characteristics than the gt350. Also since we are talking TB's Chevy is running the gt350 87mm on the 2016 camaro. Found that to be quite interesting.

Nick@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.teamjdm.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tremor
We did not find this to be true at all. They provide the same torque with our calibration and the GT350 adds a small amount of power up top. I have seen those "tests" and something else was going on there...

Not when you factor in the price difference...
Yes price is one thing but if that's the case stick with the stock TB. Tuning that combination may be an issue.

Kellys69z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt premium, Dodge 2500 Cummings, 69 Camaro
[MENTION=12860]RubyRedBoost[/MENTION] he picked back up the power he lost going from the gt350 back to the stocker. He said it was definitely worth the money and made more torque than when he had the gt350 TB probably due to having better flow characteristics than the gt350. Also since we are talking TB's Chevy is running the gt350 87mm on the 2016 camaro. Found that to be quite interesting.
Actually ford is using the Chevy throttle body.

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
I just purchased the GT350 TB since it was a deal, figured it would give me something to play with. Already have a Stock GT TB that I sent too Maxbore once I got it back I polished the inside also had Maxbore mill the shaft. Works great. Once I get this GT350 TB I was going to send it too them and have it ported out and get that stupid stepping ported out. Then see how it works on the stock manifold with the MMR spacer. Near the end of the year I'll be getting a new manifold either the GT350 IM or the new Holley Sniper IM but I don't know and haven't seen any numbers on the Holley, Waiting on StangTv to release the story on that.
Sponsored