Sponsored

Thunk after Steeda IRS inserts, and alignment.

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
@IvanCRF

I've checked all the bolts both sides, their all tight.

From the Cradle bolts, front and rear, to the Vertical links Camber arms, toe links. all are tight.

I think the 2nd part of the video looks weird because the camera is mounted on the sway bar and is moving counter the suspension.
Okay, cool. I was really worried. For the clocking step, I used a motorcycle jack and kept on compressing the suspension until I heard the jack stand barely start to become free. After that, I tightened all the loose bolts down. Here's what I used:

Sponsored

OP
OP

fifteen5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6
I had the "Clocking" done on an alignment ramp. Didn't help the Clanking sound, the Rear did lower more though and no mare pulling/swaying at high speeds.

Now if I could just figure out what this Noise is.

Im thinking of Removing part by part replacing with stock until I find what is causing it. If I reach complete stock and its still making the noise I'll take it into the dealer.

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
I have a similar thunk after numerous suspension mods. It's, like yours, a low speed event, but it doesn't affect performance. It's just annoying. I'm going back to the installer in 400 miles to retorque and clock everything. I'm not worried; the car feels solid as fuck.

And no: it's not the Torsen. That clunk is pretty distinctive.

OP
OP

fifteen5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6
Still trying to figure this out. Anyone offer some help ?

rainier446

Professional Amateur Tech
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
'15 OW GT/PP
I just installed the bushing inserts, cradle lockout, and toe arms as well. I've got a GTPP so I notice these exact same sounds through the first couple gears, but I 'believe' it's coming from the driveshaft. Just like the PP "thud", I feel like it's caused by loading and unloading the driveshaft. Since you're running the auto the only time your driveline is unloaded is by decelerating and then accelerating vs the frequency that manual cars have the clutch in. It's very obvious and annoying on my car, I plan on doing the exact same thing as you (mount a gopro) in order to help me diagnose it.

I don't see how my suspension could need to be re-clocked considering I'm still on stock springs and you shouldn't have to do that just because you lifted your car to work on it.

Sponsored

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
Ya'll are completely ignoring driveline lash...which is completely normal. Did the stiffer bushings accentuate that...quite possibly. The claim of "no NVH" is rather generous.

yellowstangatl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Orange Fury GT
The 2 piece driveshaft is very noisy. I have an auto as well and the sound from the driveshaft became more pronounced once I installed the red Diff Bushing insert.

Side_Pce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Definitely the driveshaft. Try starting off in first gear up a hill at a creep then press the clutch in, it will "clank" every time. No big deal.
Sponsored