Sponsored

Clutch Spring Reduced Poundage No Pedal Lag -- Installed and Tested

jhann76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
I may just bite the bullet and order 7 of the 59 pound springs and keep one for myself. I want to get an idea of who would be interested in buying the other 6 springs. It would probably be about $9 per spring, plus the cost of shipping to wherever you are. Please let me know and I'll see if there are enough people interested to justify making the order.
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
I may just bite the bullet and order 7 of the 59 pound springs and keep one for myself. I want to get an idea of who would be interested in buying the other 6 springs. It would probably be about $9 per spring, plus the cost of shipping to wherever you are. Please let me know and I'll see if there are enough people interested to justify making the order.
If your happy to ship to the UK I would take one. UK shipping if it will fit in an envelope would be $2-5 for international shipping, or around $15 for a small jiffey bag. I can pay via paypal. Would also like a 39lb to try as well if you can get one. :)

jhann76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Gibbo205, I don't mind shipping it anywhere as long as you pay for it. Lol. Let's see if there is enough interest to justify the order in the first place.

Everyone else, I can alter the order to have 4 of each of the 59# and 39# springs too, if someone would prefer the 39# spring.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gibbo205, I don't mind shipping it anywhere as long as you pay for it. Lol. Let's see if there is enough interest to justify the order in the first place.

Everyone else, I can alter the order to have 4 of each of the 59# and 39# springs too, if someone would prefer the 39# spring.
I will happily take one of each spring buddy and pay you shipping, if you go ahead, just let me know total cost and I shall paypal it to you. :)

Branman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I searched the part number for the #59 on eBay. I found a guy selling it for about 15 bucks shipped.

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

robobat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang V6 051a, 6spd manual, 3.55 rear
So the ebay link I sent is a bit snug on the assembly (http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B003XEW4WM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00). It will require a bit of modification but if you stretch the bottom and top ring just a hair, it fits on perfectly. I am also removing a ring to reduce the extra height but other than that it works great! Can't feel any difference in the clutch and the petal returns to the normal position now (no play, factory petal height, and the same clutch feeling as if the spring was not there).

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
So the ebay link I sent is a bit snug on the assembly (http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B003XEW4WM?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00). It will require a bit of modification but if you stretch the bottom and top ring just a hair, it fits on perfectly. I am also removing a ring to reduce the extra height but other than that it works great! Can't feel any difference in the clutch and the petal returns to the normal position now (no play, factory petal height, and the same clutch feeling as if the spring was not there).
Based on the spring size and max load spec, I calculate the spring constant to be about 30~35 lbs/in. And if you cut out one coil, then when it's installed in the pedal, the spring force would be around 23~25 lbs.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Wait, the eBay one is snug, or the Amazon one you linked is snug? Cause they're two different springs with different sizes...

In post #182 he linked to Amazon, so I think he means that spring but just said ebay in his last post. Didn't see any ebay link to any spring.

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
In post #182 he linked to Amazon, so I think he means that spring but just said ebay in his last post. Didn't see any ebay link to any spring.
The eBay link a page or 2 back is for the Century Spring S-290 spring.

An FYI for others, I received that spring in the mail yesterday, and the way it comes is a bit short. OEM is 2.5" long, this measured to about 2" even though specs claim at least 2.25".

Sticking it in at that short length made the spring assembly just fall off when the clutch was fully pressed in. I stretched it out by hand to about 2.5" and seems to be sitting in there just fine after about 30 minutes of in town driving.

waited

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
GTP-PP 2015
how do you guy take the spring out? i saw the video and try to slant it or uses vice grip but the spring it self it so strong....

I do not get how guy take this out so easy
Sponsored