Sponsored

Sirius Alternatives?

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
trust me USB music gets distasteful after a while, doesnt matter how many songs are on there.. with sirius its always unexpected songs without commercials..keeps listeners interested
I agree that the unexpected can sometimes be delightful. It can also be repulsive. If a song pops up on my USB that I'm not in the mood for I simply touch the forward button on the steering wheel. With Sirius I either have to suffer through a song I don't like or go hunting for another station.

Also, I forgot to mention the best part about listening to music on the USB drive: Every song is high bit rate yielding top-notch quality. Sound quality on Sirius is—at least to my ears—atrocious.
Sponsored

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Wow, that's what I want to do.

Wonder if there's a setting on the phone for this?
Any luck? It disappeared from my Sync 3 app screens. I had to launch it on the phone and then it added the app back.

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
I know with CarPlay the SiriusXM app works on it now. I already have all access on the misses car, so I just use the app when in the mustang. CarPlay has to be connected via USB so I am used to plugging my phone in anytime I get in the car anyways. If your on Android, download the app to your phone and see if it comes up in Android Auto.

Souldriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 - Guard GT Prem. PP
trust me USB music gets distasteful after a while, doesnt matter how many songs are on there.. with sirius its always unexpected songs without commercials..keeps listeners interested
Until sirius channels start repeating themselves. And i get tired of its low quality sound fidelity and it going in and out while driving though wide open parking lots..... These may not bother some but is enough for me to want to not pay even just $5 a month for.

itguy08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, 2010 Taurus SHO, 2011 F150
I'm on Android and use Google Music with Android Auto. Plug the phone in and press play when Android Auto comes up. It's great and lets you download songs to listen without using your data.

Sponsored

Canoman

Lurker (mostly)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP 400A
Vehicle Showcase
I listen to NFL Radio on Sirius every weekday morning heading to work, and have for years. Can't get that anywhere else. I do wish the bitrate was a little better. I use FLAC on my USB drive, and my 128gb drive is starting to get full. Going to have to start filtering individual tracks instead of pulling full albums onto it.

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I agree that the unexpected can sometimes be delightful. It can also be repulsive. If a song pops up on my USB that I'm not in the mood for I simply touch the forward button on the steering wheel. With Sirius I either have to suffer through a song I don't like or go hunting for another station.

Also, I forgot to mention the best part about listening to music on the USB drive: Every song is high bit rate yielding top-notch quality. Sound quality on Sirius is—at least to my ears—atrocious.
I can't even listen to Sirius via the radio. It sounds too awful to me. Streaming from the Sirius app, it sounds so much better.
Sponsored