Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Got the Roush CAI installed this morning, took all of 15 minutes at most. No driving yet, might wait to see if the roads drive up at all otherwise will see how it is tomorrow on the way to work.

That has got to be one of the nicest V6 engine bays I have ever seen. For what it’s worth I like the look of the old 3.7 without a cover as it still looks like a traditional engine.

Two things I did today. Just after midnight I ran over a raccoon. Two of them were in the curb side and I just noticed them as they looked up at me straight in the eyes and tried to scatter but I felt the rear wheel run over one of them. It just felt sickening so I still kept going (:crazy:) but looked in the mirror to see if I left a corpse behind. I only saw one running across the road so I figured he survived or maybe the carcass was was still under the car. I went to one bank and pulled out some money. Then went to another bank to put some of that money in a business acccount. Then I steeled myself to look under the car. All I saw was some fur stuck on one of the lower rear wheel arms. Most everything looked ok but I had no phone or flash light so I took it on the highway to wash (it was raining) any possible blood off the underside. Next morning I raced his Subaru WRX and was impressed with what he did to the car. Then off to look at some Corvettes with the other old farts.

I’m keeping the V6 as all the new 2017s GTs are gone and now the 2018s are having A10 tranny trouble at 4000 miles so no new car for me. I keep cars forever so you will be looking at the last Mustang V6 owner ever. I can live with that epithet.
Sponsored

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
I discovered that my Shaker pro has actual bass when listening to music via streaming instead of sirius.

nzrhn4.jpg
The shaker pro sounds awesome through Google music / Bluetooth. It's all I use. I think that's why some people think this system is terrible vs others that don't. Depends on your music / stream source. Bluetooth 2.0/3.0/4.0 and the different Bluetooth protocols within each version. I noticed an increase in the quality of music going from my Galaxy s6 to the s8. The overall sound quality got clearer / louder and the bass is increased as well.

It's comparable to the stereo in my G37 which is pretty great in my opinion. But everyone's ears are different so what sounds good to one's ears may sound like muddy poop to another.

I can still hear those high frequency sounds that your not supposed to be able to hear after your 18 and i'm 36 so maybe I'm just a freak lol

bdm219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 401A, AE, B&O
I discovered that my Shaker pro has actual bass when listening to music via streaming instead of sirius.

nzrhn4.jpg
Sirius is so compressed, it sounds awful on any system. Streaming will always sound better and louder.

bdm219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 401A, AE, B&O
I installed a Roush x-pipe yesterday. I have AWE touring axle backs on it prior to the x-pipe, the car sounds incredible now after installing it. The x-pipe really eliminated the congested muffled sound. I'm sure my neighbors are saying, "Great, another car that sounds like a NASCAR car".

Sponsored

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Sirius is so compressed, it sounds awful on any system. Streaming will always sound better and louder.
I've had a chance to listen to Sirius on several different Ford vehicles, and it's by far the worst on the Mustang.

Mike K.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP

nzrhn4.jpg
I actually discovered something similar, I had my drivers side back seat folded down so I could fit some pvc piping for my sons school project ,,, anyways the bass sounded way better with the seat down

Taterbootz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP. 2014 Focus Sport SE.
Decided I had enough of a dirty car and washed it even though it’s supposed to storm for the next week. Also wanted to try out my new pressure washer and foam cannon. So satisfying.
C903A7E5-009D-438D-848B-5E475CF560A4.jpeg

Sponsored

mustang_puppy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
2015 black Ecoboost fastback
Installed the Steeda subframe alignment tubes and the bushing rings. What should have taken 90 minutes or so took about 3 hours give or take. Was going to install the transmission isolator but I'll do that another time. The soreness reminds me of why I didn't become a mechanic. Ouch...

Pagey

PonyGP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT w/Black roof
Got the Roush CAI installed this morning, took all of 15 minutes at most. No driving yet, might wait to see if the roads drive up at all otherwise will see how it is tomorrow on the way to work.
Hey Nagare how did you paint the Ford Performanced letters?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase

Indylatenight

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Replaced our 18 year old garage door opener with one that actually works with the Homelink in the Mustang.

As a side note, if anyone is having issues with your garage door remotes being erratic, check to make sure that you don't have LED light bulbs in your garage door opener. Who knew that would be an issue but ours would not work until we changed the LED to incandescent bulbs.
Sponsored