2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Sub
Sponsored

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
Thanks for the info, I'm getting ready to try this myself but have some questions...

1. Does the plug for the BLIS sensor look like 14S411Q in the picture below? If not, what did you use for the plug?

2. Does the wiring diagram look right?

3. Where did you hook up your wires from the BLIS sensor to CAN bus cable? Which connector was needed on the CAN bus side?

4. Where did you hook up the BLU/WHT cable for switched 12V? Did you run it up to the battery junction box or was there a better source in the rear?

5. How is the sensor bracket mounted on the body? Which bolts do you need for it? Looks like Ford lists bolts to mount the sensor on the bracket but nothing about mounting the bracket itself...
pigtails.PNG
BLIS_diagram.PNG

Last edited:
OP
OP

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
I will try to answer the questions.

The connector looks similar to 14S411Q but it is not exactly this one. 8 pins in a row but the coding tabs are left and right. I found them on Ebay and one was not from Ford but from Toyota. Since the sensor is the same for many cars and brands, this was no issue.
You could check the 3rd picture in this offer on Ebay https://www.ebay.de/itm/2017-Ford-E...or-Sensor-OEM-GV6T-14D599-AC-LKQ/312179348609

The wiring diagram looks about right. The ground in the mirrors is already there and I added the ground connection to the existing wires.

The correct wires are already going to the BCMB (right side behind the carpet). I just spliced the new wires to the existing ones.

The BU/WH power cable I did connect to the power line of the rear view camera. The cable is running through the trunk on the right side. You should find it there. Be careful with the color coding, because there are some other wires with similar/same colors, which have different functions.

The bracket has clips on the backside. You just clip it to the car. You only have to remove the covers as the holes are already there. I do have some pictures of the installation process.

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
Thanks for the info! I picked up a couple of sensors off of eBay yesterday during their 15% off sale. Do you still have the link to the sensor connector that you used?

I'd appreciate any pictures that you can share. I'll pay forward by taking additional pictures during my install. I want to keep my existing mirrors, so I'll probably get a pair of led bulbs and put them in the pillar as the BLIS lights.

OP
OP

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
You can keep the mirrors, you just have to replace the mirror glass. The first two pics show the offers on Ebay for the connector. The other pics are the ones I took during the installation.
BLIS-Connectors.png
IMAG0034.png
IMAG0031_small.jpg
IMAG0032_small.jpg
IMAG0033_small.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
Thanks for the pictures. I couldn't find the sensor plug off of eBay but found it on the Ford parts site as WPT-1434. Your eBay picture also shows Genesis ACC plug. Is that for the ACC project or also needed for BLIS? Do you have a picture of where the wires of the sensor get spliced into the BCMB wires?

Looking at the pins on the sensor as shown below, does #1 pin start at the left?
WPT1434.PNG
s-l1600.jpg

OP
OP

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
Sorry, was in a hurry and therefore "mixed in" the ACC plug. It is only needed for the ACC, not for BLIS. At the time I was not able to find the right part number for the Ford pigtail.
Actually I do not recall on which side pin 1 is, but it is marked on the plug itself.
And I do not have a picture of the place where I spliced in the CAN bus wires, but I did it pretty close to the point, where the wires to the BCMB leave the main harness. Anyway it is not critical where you do the splice as long as all wires are intertwined. And I connected both BLIS modules first and then connected them to the CAN wires leading to the BCMB.

Hope this helps a bit.

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
Sorry, was in a hurry and therefore "mixed in" the ACC plug. It is only needed for the ACC, not for BLIS. At the time I was not able to find the right part number for the Ford pigtail.
Actually I do not recall on which side pin 1 is, but it is marked on the plug itself.
And I do not have a picture of the place where I spliced in the CAN bus wires, but I did it pretty close to the point, where the wires to the BCMB leave the main harness. Anyway it is not critical where you do the splice as long as all wires are intertwined. And I connected both BLIS modules first and then connected them to the CAN wires leading to the BCMB.

Hope this helps a bit.
Thanks, sounds like it'll become more clear once I have the trunk liners removed and see the wiring. Looks like the sensor brackets and connectors are on backorder till end of August, so I'll give this a shot once all the parts come in.

OP
OP

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
Thanks, sounds like it'll become more clear once I have the trunk liners removed and see the wiring. Looks like the sensor brackets and connectors are on backorder till end of August, so I'll give this a shot once all the parts come in.
It took like 3 weeks to get the sensor brackets for me as well. Does not seem to be a regular spare part...

magnetticmadness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt premium OW 10spd
I wish I understood everything you guys said but I don't lol. I really wanna do this too but don't know what the hell I am doing. also, I wonder if lane keep assist would be possible?

side note-i have an 18 with the digital cluster so I'm not sure if this can be programmed to do stuff with that

also- would there be a way to simplify the install of this at some point?

Sponsored

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
Then configure your VIN in the BLIS sensors (SODR and SODL). Just copy your VIN from the ABS module to the positions 7C4-08-01 and 7C6-08-01. Please mind the different configuration length.
I'm almost done expect for this part. Where can I find 7C4-08-01 and 7C6-08-01? They are not in BCMB and I don't see a separate entry for SODR and SODL.

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
I'm almost done expect for this part. Where can I find 7C4-08-01 and 7C6-08-01? They are not in BCMB and I don't see a separate entry for SODR and SODL.
I was able to get through this by creating a new profile, which forced a scan for all modules. Modules had two errors, which were for VIN and Door Control Model B. VIN error was resolved by updating the VIN but DCMB error remains. I'm thinking because these modules were from Ford Edge and it may have used the DCMB to trigger the BLIS light since its connect was missing the alert wire and I'm pretty sure Mustangs don't have DCMB. Can you send me your as-built files for SODL and SODR to see if there's a setting there to not to use DCMB?

OP
OP

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
Yes, I can :-) but I am only back at home on Friday. Or you could check here
http://media.4rev4.com/s550-as-built-library/ for a car with a 401A equipment package and look out for the modules 7C4 and 7C6.

Maybe this is a bit faster :-)
I used the as-built data from a 201A optioned EB with RSS and it did the ticket! I definitely owe you a drink when you're in this part of the world, my friend! I took plenty of pictures during the install so I'll write up a picture by picture guide so someone like me can do it.

272911-b5d08563017ec56224979283504fc577.png
NO DTCS.PNG

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
I wish I understood everything you guys said but I don't lol. I really wanna do this too but don't know what the hell I am doing. also, I wonder if lane keep assist would be possible?

side note-i have an 18 with the digital cluster so I'm not sure if this can be programmed to do stuff with that

also- would there be a way to simplify the install of this at some point?
I took plenty of pictures during the install so I'll have a picture by picture install guide for BLIS/CTA once everything tests ok.
Sponsored