Sponsored

Top 10 worst reliability Report

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I personally know three people with 6th Gen Camaro's who have had to have their rear ends replaced, under warranty, due to the groan issue..

In general it seems the Gen 6 has more problems than the 5th Gen did
This is interesting because the only guy I know who had a 6th gen had all sorts of rear end issues with his car. All Chevy would do was replace the fluid. After every track day he would call them up because it was howling the entire ride home and they would change it for free.

He ended up having a lot of other problems but I don't know if those are common (3 out of the 4 MR shocks went, front crank seal, slow crank, rough cold idle, etc).

He sold it though so I'm happy he doesn't need to worry about owing it outside of warranty. It was a fun car though. Pretty fast.

I kinda feel sorry for the 2018 guys living in fear. Every little tick and noise throws them in a panic. I say run the f#%k out of that new car and try to blow it up!
100%. It's a new engine, there will be a higher rate of failures just like anything else when it's new, don't let that bother you. Drive it.
Sponsored

Bladex10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
I have no problems with the Camaro, One of my favorite cars i've owned was my 1998 Z28 but the visibility is a HUGE deal breaker for me. As soon as they fix that, I may consider one. They've managed to make the visibility WORST on the 2016+, Which baffles me.

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
Ok. I am the only idiot on here. I will say it and then nobody else has to.

I have no more issues driving this 2018 Mustang then I had driving my 2017 Camaro. The only time it is/ was any issue was pulling in to traffic on a 45 degree angle. Then, yes, pizz poor. I never considered it a 'cave" and had no trouble ever in traffic. I use mirrors to drive and turning one's head to look-see is right up there with texting or anything else involving not looking forward. Stupid.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I have no problems with the Camaro, One of my favorite cars i've owned was my 1998 Z28 but the visibility is a HUGE deal breaker for me. As soon as they fix that, I may consider one. They've managed to make the visibility WORST on the 2016+, Which baffles me.
I'm right there with you. I've owned a second gen Z28, A 3rd gen Iroc Z28. And a 5th Gen SS. Despite what current Camaro owners say. The inside of the 6th gen Camaro is mind bogglingly bad! I'm selling the Nightmare to get a top of the line pony car. And I wont even consider a ZL1. Despite the fantastic performance it offers. For the very, I mentioned above! On a side note. I stopped by at C6 and read the VS. 18 Mustang thread today. I love how worked up they are over the 2/10th advantage. The current Mustang has. And of course. And I love the excuses almost as much. As the others that are still in denial. Very entertaining read. :thumbsup:

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Of course !

Go make a jump in TSB repair section.....

Youtube Vblog can be a good indication of how cars are holding in time provided the owners keep them long enough.

And unless you I'm not a Ford biased fan, I have a 2017 Corvette GrandSport also and had a Gen6 Camaro before the Mustang, so I'm open minded and not blind to my "favourite brand flaws"
Youtubers overblow everything as well to make money. Like the Challenger dude (who hates Ford) who took a camera into a courtroom and then cried like a baby when they knew what was going to happen. Then made a clickbait title, etc to get views. ALMOST GOT ARRESTED OMG

Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I'm right there with you. I've owned a second gen Z28, A 3rd gen Iroc Z28. And a 5th Gen SS. Despite what current Camaro owners say. The inside of the 6th gen Camaro is mind bogglingly bad! I'm selling the Nightmare to get a top of the line pony car. And I wont even consider a ZL1. Despite the fantastic performance it offers. For the very, I mentioned above! On a side note. I stopped by at C6 and read the VS. 18 Mustang thread today. I love how worked up they are over the 2/10th advantage. The current Mustang has. And of course. And I love the excuses almost as much. As the others that are still in denial. Very entertaining read. :thumbsup:
Woah we were told we can't talk about that place.

Nabush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SS 1LE / Corvette C7 GrandSport M7
Ok. I am the only idiot on here. I will say it and then nobody else has to.

I have no more issues driving this 2018 Mustang then I had driving my 2017 Camaro. The only time it is/ was any issue was pulling in to traffic on a 45 degree angle. Then, yes, pizz poor. I never considered it a 'cave" and had no trouble ever in traffic. I use mirrors to drive and turning one's head to look-see is right up there with texting or anything else involving not looking forward. Stupid.
Same for me, visibility in the Camaro never bothered me. I heard a lot about it and when I test drove the one I bought later I didn't strike me as a deal breaker at all. Yes the 3/4 rear is bad, just use your mirrors....

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
I use mirrors to drive and turning one's head to look-see is right up there with texting or anything else involving not looking forward. Stupid.
I hope you are joking. Checking over your shoulder is not the same as texting, and in fact is an important safey skill. Search Shoulder Check, or Head Check, and read up.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
I sware the camaro guys come over here and type stupid shit on purpose. Looking over your shoulder vs texting.:doh: Of course your look at your mirrors in a camaro. If you looked over your shoulder. All you would see is bad designed car. Looking over your shoulder for a millisecond vs trying to type out a sentence. :headbonk:Sorry active but 18 wheeler drivers. And you of course. Dont do the head turn. The majority of every else is still guilty of this life threating. Daredevil maneuver.

Sponsored

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hope you are joking. Checking over your shoulder is not the same as texting, and in fact is an important safey skill. Search Shoulder Check, or Head Check, and read up.

I am dead serious, man. Safety is no joke. If you take your eyees off the road for anytime it is a grave danger.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
I am dead serious, man. Safety is no joke. If you take your eyees off the road for anytime it is a grave danger.
Seems this line of thinking can lead to all kinds of dangerous situations...looking in mirrors would technically be taking your eyes off the road in front of you.

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
Then you should educate yourself on the subject. It's irrational to believe that glancing over your shoulder, which takes a fraction of a second, has the same inherent risk as texting, which takes several seconds.

It's much more likely you'll run into something beside you because you didn't see it, than something in front of you because you averted your view for a fraction of a second.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
I would go as far to say. It takes just as long to look at the side view mirror. Adjust your eyes to the small sight picture the mirrors offers. As looking over your should. So I do both before making a lane change in heavy traffic. I check the mirrors. (Millisecond). Then take a second (Millisecond) to look over my shoulder. One of the major magazines compared texting to drunk driving. Your better off driving drunk than texting if you can believe that.

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/texting-while-driving-how-dangerous-is-it

https://www.cnbc.com/id/31545004

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would go as far to say. It takes just as long to look at the side view mirror. Adjust your eyes to the small sight picture the mirrors offers. As looking over your should. So I do both before making a lane change in heavy traffic. I check the mirrors. (Millisecond). Then take a second (Millisecond) to look over my shoulder.

It's a good thing you run quarter miles and not road tracks. Wonder how you look over your shoulder with the HANS on the big tacks at 190?
Sponsored