Sponsored

Detailing & paint protection

SnoDust

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 convertible, eco Premium 50th AP., impact blu
Keeping it pretty

"paint protection" refers to film. Xpel (ultimate) and Suntek (ultra) make a self healing film that is warrantied for 10 years. It "protects" the paint from rock chips and small scratches and the like. Ceramic coatings provide a long lasting and harder "sacrificial layer", but don't protect against rock chips. They definitely make it easier to clean and make the surface shinier, but they can still be scratched/chipped. I've put both PPF on the front of my car as well as a ceramic coating (Gtechniq) on my car/wheels/calipers.
I am getting ready to have the ceramic coating as my parking option is under sap/seed/flowering trees that house birds. I am also really considering the Xpel. How does it self heal after the ceramic coating is installed?
Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
I am getting ready to have the ceramic coating as my parking option is under sap/seed/flowering trees that house birds. I am also really considering the Xpel. How does it self heal after the ceramic coating is installed?
just pour warm water on it and it pops back into shape

Dkar26

MaxPower
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT premium
Well, I’m no science-type guy, but I’m guessing if there’s a scratch, the ceramic coating is gone but the ppf will heal.

Btw, the ppf goes on first, then the coating. ;)
Sponsored