Protecting the radiator from bugs and stones

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
21 MACH 1, HP 1064, 20 Ranger XLT & 20 Explorer ST
They said window screen will block 40% of the ram air. I don't know but you have to give some credit to "THEY". I have it on my Jeep Wrangler that I use on the farm with no problems. I am sure it cuts some air, but so do all the dead bug parts after a very short time.
Lee

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
I install a bug screen on every vehicle we have, simple door screen material at any hardware store, I have the cleanest radiators in the world! they do NOT inhibit air flow, and if they get to much on the front, you just hose, brush them off. On my new 18GT it was pretty easy to install, just measure, take off the top plastic shroud, and wiggle is down in front of ALL the radiators, and tie it up top, it will hang down in front its whole life, and the ram air keeps it in place, and flat. On the wifes 17, it more diff. cause of front end differences,
holy thread bump - can you give examples of what kind of screen did you use as most of the items I've found searching the UK seem a little flimsy - did you use fabric (almost curtain like) screens ?

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Drive in reverse.... taillights are cheaper than radiators.

Please Note: The above sentence is not to be taken literally, this is a farcical non-fastidious rambling.

Last edited:

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Drive in reverse.... taillights are cheaper than radiators.

Please Note: The above sentence is not to be taken literally, this is a farcical non-fastidious rambling.
haha but rear bumpers and boot lids are not ;)
Sponsored