GT350 On The Brain

Dr. JL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R: GR227 and GR378
Sounds like you should stay focused on the Type R for now. I'm an S2000 and NSX owner and ever since the purchase of my GT350R, they've been unofficially placed on "in storage" status. Waiting for a less expensive used (now) or new (after the GT500 is released) GT350 will give you time to get bored with the Civic. Unfortunately, by then, you'll regret you waited.

OP
OP

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R 'Hellbat'
Can't believe they want $10K mark-up on the 2018s still. Where did you buy your CTR again?
350s or CTR? I refuse to pay MSRP for the 350 and I could only get the CTR for MSRP. Which, I won't ever do again. The Type R is a special car, but paying 20-30k ADM is RIDICULOUS. People were doing it. Mark ups are still there and will continue to be there. I don't think they will go away and the Type R is rated as the number one, least depreciating car in the US (by multiple magazines). For good reason. It is special.

I've talked to a few dealers about the GT350 and have been given a 58k price point. Which isn't too bad. I'd have to drive one though.

Sounds like you should stay focused on the Type R for now. I'm an S2000 and NSX owner and ever since the purchase of my GT350R, they've been unofficially placed on "in storage" status. Waiting for a less expensive used (now) or new (after the GT500 is released) GT350 will give you time to get bored with the Civic. Unfortunately, by then, you'll regret you waited.
We will have to see. If I can drive one (GT350) that might make my mind up. Regardless, the Type R is ridiculous in it's own right and a conversation starter everyday. Driving into work today alone I was waved at/thumbs up/honked at. It's a daily thing. No regrets. I just am in love with two vastly different women lol.

GrabberBootyBlue88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I was talking about the CTR's $10K mark up. Another Honda agent called me saying $40,596 for a polished metal metallic in L.A. I told her that is there a way around not paying any mark up but she said all dealers do it but they have the least of them all. I guess the CTR is the import GT350.

IMDNS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Just get the GT350...
I came from a W204 C63 AMG and I thought the C63 was one of the best mixture of power, noise and daily usability.
GT350 is just another level, better sound, more power, more comfortable and WAY better traction.

Looks like you were so 'attached' to your previous GT. If you enjoyed your Mustang, then I’m sure you will have a blast in the GT350. It is like a Mustang with Euro DNA.

Sponsored

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I've have or had 11 Mustangs:
65 fastback (Still have)
82 GT
83 GT Convertible
90 5.0 LX
94 Cobra
96 Cobra
99 Cobra
2003 Cobra
2013 GT500
2014 GT500
2017 GT350

The GT350 is the pinnacle of all around Mustang performance, i'd probably take the '03 for just drag racing.

But the GT350 is n a whole other universe from all previous Mustangs when it comes to street or road course driving. If you liked your previous GT, you'll love it.

aram_g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford White w/Blue Stripes
Can't believe they want $10K mark-up on the 2018s still. Where did you buy your CTR again?
Steven's Creek Frontier Ford wants 20k, and it's nonnegotiable. Told them to go fuck themselves and left.

Sponsored

aram_g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford White w/Blue Stripes
Hahaha. Yup! Those import GT350s!! If you can find a leftover 2017 GT350, buy it. No mark-ups and big discounts.
I found a 2018 Kona Blue with black stripes for $61,600 out the door no markup. Not getting it though, out of state tax and fees and shit it's too expensive for me right now. If total price after all of that was ~60k I could afford it, but 70k total is passed my budget. Going to wait 2 years for my Infiniti's lease to finish and probably get a 2019 then. :headbang:

OP
OP

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just get the GT350...
I came from a W204 C63 AMG and I thought the C63 was one of the best mixture of power, noise and daily usability.
GT350 is just another level, better sound, more power, more comfortable and WAY better traction.

Looks like you were so 'attached' to your previous GT. If you enjoyed your Mustang, then I’m sure you will have a blast in the GT350. It is like a Mustang with Euro DNA.
Funny. I was considering trading it. I pulled out from getting the M2 when BMW kept upping the price on me. I wasn't a fan of that.

Top three hardest times I've ever cried in my life was when they pulled my Mustang out of that forest area lol.

That $10K was for the CTR. Here in Vegas was up there in the $20Ks. I bought mine from out of state.
WTF those things have markup too? Jesus
Substantial. They were sought out pretty decently before reviews...and then reviews/track times came out, and Honda dealers pushed HARD on ADM. The highest I've seen one sold (SOLD SOLD) was 55k. I've seen as high as 60k. I searched all around the state of Ohio for one and then went all around the tri state region before a nearby dealer sold it to me for MSRP. I'm one of the few that was lucky in that regard.

Hahaha. Yup! Those import GT350s!! If you can find a leftover 2017 GT350, buy it. No mark-ups and big discounts.
What I'm considering doing. We will see what the future holds.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
A coworker bought a Type R civic. I gave him a ride in my boring base R. He was sold and now wants an R.

OP
OP

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A coworker bought a Type R civic. I gave him a ride in my boring base R. He was sold and now wants an R.
I can't say I'm too surprised. The R is still at least double the price of a Type R. Sound and power are going to be completely different. I can see the value points for both. The fact that a FWD car is even mentioned in the list of Nurburgring cars is incredible in itself. I think that is lost on quite a few people. From an enthusiast stand point, it's an incredible car. Both are.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Civic Type R is one of ugliest cars on the road nowadays, sorry. It is the pinnacle of disgrace and infamy in automotive design.
Sponsored