Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Thanks for the article. One thing I learned was that the Camaro doesn't have a split rear seat (assuming the article is accurate). Just kind of surprised me that it was one piece, which is almost unheard of these days.

PhantomV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Camaro 2SS
I hate to say it but I disagree with a lot in this article, this is what I would change it to;

Interior Quality: 1. Challenger 2. Camaro 3. Mustang
Acceleration: 1. Mustang/Camaro (Tie) 2. Challenger (weighs so much more!)
Fuel: 1. Mustang/Camaro (Tie) 2. Challenger (same reason above)
Ride & Handling: 1. Camaro 2. Mustang 3. Challenger
Safety: Three-way tie, none are all that safe
Reliability: 1. Camaro/Challenger 2. Mustang

The rest of their results are alright. Thanks for the article!

steph93lx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 301A A10, Modded N/A 1993 coupe 5.0L
I hate to say it but I disagree with a lot in this article, this is what I would change it to;

With all the problems you got with your Camaro that you listed on another post you put the Camaro first for reliability !!!! :lol:

Sponsored

brpec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4WD
With all the problems you got with your Camaro that you listed on another post you put the Camaro first for reliability !!!! :lol:

lol

is insane to put camaro and challenger ahead of mustang in reliability.

I also believe the mustang interior is better than the camaro (premium x premium) imo.

safety - the mustang is way ahead. there are many tests that prove that.

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
One of my employees just bought a 17 Camaro. This statement was how I felt last time I was in a Camaro, but I need to revisit with the 2017.
"The Camaro’s interior materials are a step below those of the Mustang or Challenger."

OP
OP
poncho@home

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium

Acceleration? Challenger last ??? Haha

Come on man. A buddy of mine has a Hellcat and he runs mid 10s with just drag radials. Seen it in person last year. The article makes a point of mentioning that the Challenger line up includes the Hellcat and Demon in this comparison with the GT350 and ZL1 Camaro.

PhantomV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Camaro 2SS
At least my air conditioner works! And after seeing all the problems Mustang owners have, my issues pale in comparison.

Still have seen a stock SS smack the shit out of a Hellcat in response to that post, now that’s embarrassing for a Hellcat owner.

Does the Mustang have a holographic heads up display? Heated steering wheel? Wireless charging pad? Hence why I put Camaro ahead in interior. Just opinions, no need to get salty. Haven’t seen how the new Mustang faired in the crash test videos but the 15-17 model faired just as well as the Camaro and Challenger.

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
At least my air conditioner works! And after seeing all the problems Mustang owners have, my issues pale in comparison.

Still have seen a stock SS smack the shit out of a Hellcat in response to that post, now that’s embarrassing for a Hellcat owner.

Does the Mustang have a holographic heads up display? Heated steering wheel? Wireless charging pad? Hence why I put Camaro ahead in interior. Just opinions, no need to get salty. Haven’t seen how the new Mustang faired in the crash test videos but the 15-17 model faired just as well as the Camaro and Challenger.
As has been mentioned, even in threads where Camaro owners listed a lot of problems, any model can have a bad car come out, but overall reliability does seem to favor the Mustang.

To address a few interior things you mentioned:

Does the Mustang have a holographic heads up display?
No, and a definite advantage for the Camaro

Heated steering wheel?
Yes, as of 2018, it's available on a Mustang

Wireless charging pad?
No, but the Camaro's wireless charging pad is generally considered to be badly located, and it has a wired charging location without enough room to put in most phones. The Mustang has a wired location that's actually usable, along with more internal storage in general. Along with the other features of the Mustang, I think it has a pretty clear interior advantage over the Camaro.

Sponsored

SlaughterOfTheSoul

Actual Engineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt pp1
This is all carried over from 2017. I suspect 2017 may favor mustang even more as there quite a few upgrades to the line.

However the review cherry picks as it feels like. If you pick the best qualities from each lineup for comparison you find yourself comparing combinations that aren't even available. For example, the dodge fairs favorably on cargo space AND acceleration while ignoring that one takes from the other in their respective trims.

iTutn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Accord Euro R / 2016 GT Premium PP

You're of the opinion the Camaro has better interior than the Mustang? :confused:
Interior isn't only materials but also build quality and ergonomics... you feel the Camaro is superior to the Mustang in those areas?

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
You're of the opinion the Camaro has better interior than the Mustang? :confused:
Interior isn't only materials but also build quality and ergonomics... you feel the Camaro is superior to the Mustang in those areas?
I didn't realize how bad the ergo's were in the Camaro until I owned my Mustang for a while.

I hadn't driven my buddy's 16 in quite some time and apparently forgot. I drove it the other day and everything from the window switches to the center console, the seating position and throttle/brake location is really unusual.

I will give them credit on the haptics for the window switch buttons, they feel nice to push, but the interior/visibility is definitely a downfall of that car.

All 3 cars are great in different areas. Depending on what people want there are 3 good different options.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
I owned a Camaro 1SS, test drove 2 Challenger Scat Packs both autos, and drive a GT PP. The GT is the easiest to live with. Best visibility of the 3. The other 2 have more low end grunt though. The Camaro is a close 2nd but the interior is cramped and visibility does suck compared to the Mustang. The Challenger is probably the most comfortable. But it just feels huge. You feel like you're hustling an athletic elephant. I like the GT the best but the Whipple helps.

1blkpny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang GT premium

Sounds to me you should stay on the Camaro forum and not here.
Sponsored