Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

Kostyam69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge
I just ran the update. It finished in 30 minutes flat. I had it saying "Scanning for Updates" almost the whole time.

When I went to 2.3 it ran for 90 minutes and I said screw it and shut off the car, restarted and 2.3 was there. I put the usb back in and it wrote the completed file so you could give that a try.

I went from a sync 2 MFT to Sync 3 so the versions are specific to each sync type.
Now I'm curious, how did you do the Sync 2 to Sync 3 conversion and have the ford site recognize it to reflect the changes?
Sponsored

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Now I'm curious, how did you do the Sync 2 to Sync 3 conversion and have the ford site recognize it to reflect the changes?
thats bizarre

NHMustang

Live Free and Drive
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

I have no idea. It was not what I was expecting either!
I have the VIN of the car that the SYNC 3 came out of, and that car is also in my account, and ran the 2.3 upgrade using that cars profile BUT after uploading the confirmation file it updated my 2015 profile instead. The version 3 upgrade, that I just did of course, also shows up in my 2015 car's profile. Nothing shows up under the donor car.

Not complaining but it is weird!

Here is what the donor car shows:
Sync3_Update_Donor.JPG

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
FYI waze had a small update today

tumblr_inline_ngj5seowKp1t5lolq.gif

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Just successfully upgraded mine to 3.0 from owner.ford.com. My donor car was a 2017 Fusion.

Is there a list of upgrades/bug fixes from 2.3 to 3.0?

Sponsored

Kostyam69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Edge
I have no idea. It was not what I was expecting either!
I have the VIN of the car that the SYNC 3 came out of, and that car is also in my account, and ran the 2.3 upgrade using that cars profile BUT after uploading the confirmation file it updated my 2015 profile instead. The version 3 upgrade, that I just did of course, also shows up in my 2015 car's profile. Nothing shows up under the donor car.

Not complaining but it is weird!

Here is what the donor car shows:
very interesting! Lucky you! I guess if you stop to think about it, it kind of makes sense that you were able to do a successful update confirmation because your conversion was a mustang to mustang, the update file that gets put on your USB after update would authenticate as a mustang after all, however its still a mystery how your 2015 got the update applied instead.

I have come to terms with that I will forever have to rely on usb updates as my conversion was a Fusion to Edge transfer, so even if I had the doner VIN it would never authenticate

Last edited:

escudolm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Just tried to install the official 3.0 update. Got the message saying, "system is up to date". I'm currently on 3.0 build 17194. Anybody else have this problem?

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Just tried to install the official 3.0 update. Got the message saying, "system is up to date". I'm currently on 3.0 build 17194. Anybody else have this problem?
should say 18025

Just successfully upgraded mine to 3.0 from owner.ford.com. My donor car was a 2017 Fusion.

Is there a list of upgrades/bug fixes from 2.3 to 3.0?
1. Finally, the artists' album covers covers will be displayed from the mp3 file tag. Moreover, if there is no picture in the file, the cover cover will be pulled from the GraceNotes database.
2. Now you can rewind the song by moving the slider (free rewind, for mp3 files)
3. In the menu icons have been changed and in some places the font (player, messages, etc.) is increased
4. Improved the algorithm of interaction with AndroidAuto.
5. Changed the sound settings (frequency characteristics, subjectively for the better).
6. There was a search for applications on the USB device.
7. Improved the mode of darkening and smooth animation. In subsequent builds, as a rule, optimize the work of AndroidAuto and CarPlay, as well as fix minor bugs and shortcomings (which we even can not find with a magnifying glass).

escudolm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
The file I downloaded is the 18025 build. But im on the unofficial 3.0 build 17194, from months ago. Do I have to downgrade, before I can upgrade to 18025?

DevilDocAZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 V6 but it’s neato
The file I downloaded is the 18025 build. But im on the unofficial 3.0 build 17194, from months ago. Do I have to downgrade, before I can upgrade to 18025?
Same situation. Waiting for instructions

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I've been on 18025 for a while but decided to install it from Owners.Ford.com. One reason was peace of mind, but also because the official version had several more files than the grey market one that I had used. Plus I found after getting the official 18025 even the equivalent files had been updated.

Ford already thinks my car is on 18025 so I found a 2016 Premium with NAV and added it's VIN to my account so I could get a link to download it. Off topic: Can you even do that if the VIN is already attached to another owners account? Anyway, I immediately deleted that VIN from my account after downloading.

I downloaded the official file and confirmed it appeared to be for 18025. Then I reinstalled 2.2 since its the only version I know will install over a same or higher number.

Something went wrong because afterwards, it showed that 2.3 was now installed.?.

So I did a master reset before trying 18025 just in case. If 18025 wouldn't install I would try to reinstall 2.2 again.

But 18025 installed no problems. I did get a slight scare afterwards when the NAV touch screen button was gone. After previous updates, NAV didn't work for a while and a few restarts after an update, but the button was still there. Apparently with 18025, the button disappears and a compass symbol fills the NAV quadrant in the home screen. But it didn't take long before NAV reappeared and works fine. I also had notices that I needed to take the car to a dealer to fix 911 calling. That also disappeared by the time NAV returned.

prvns

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Is it necessary to have USB 3.0 drive? I tried to use the USB 2.0 drive but it's stuck at "Updating system software" for the past 2 hours. Nothing is happening :(

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Is it necessary to have USB 3.0 drive? I tried to use the USB 2.0 drive but it's stuck at "Updating system software" for the past 2 hours. Nothing is happening :(
Not all 2s or all 3s are the same speed.

Speed matters but I'm pretty sure the car doesn't have USB 3 so a fast 2 should be as good as a 3.

Two hours sounds long regardless. Unless its a ridiculously slow 2, something is wrong.

Odie3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Convertible GT & 2017 Edge Titanium

Swedish Meatballs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tobias
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium - California Special
Successful install! Took just about 20 minutes with my flash drive. Now only need that USB port update this weekend :)
Sponsored