corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
IIRC the rear wheels are wider than the front meaning the rear tires have a bit more stretch than the fronts.
We need to get away from subjective referencing of terms like 'stretched', 'pinched', 'squeezed', etc., as they apply to tire & wheel setups. Measuring width is the only consistent basis here.

In the GT/PP2 case, the fronts are pinched and the rears are neither pinched nor stretched.

Norm

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
We need to get away from subjective referencing of terms like 'stretched', 'pinched', 'squeezed', etc., as they apply to tire & wheel setups. Measuring width is the only consistent basis here.

In the GT/PP2 case, the fronts are pinched and the rears are neither pinched nor stretched.

Norm

I'm not talking about anything subjective, merely pointing out that the rear wheels are wider than the fronts while the tires are the same size in reference to the person I was responding to.

Mhjr74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKS, Ford Explorer
[MENTION=33454]azelmo[/MENTION], does the 295 in the front provide a lip to protect the rim from rubbing on curbs? What about the rear?

azelmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP2 RC, 18 BMW 430i, 2022 C8 Z51 (on order)
[MENTION=33454]azelmo[/MENTION], does the 295 in the front provide a lip to protect the rim from rubbing on curbs? What about the rear?
Not sure if these photos help in regards to your question... The front is questionable, the back should be fine as they are the same size as stock tires.

My advice, don't rub any curbs, especially with the front splitter.
IMG_1691.JPG
IMG_1690.JPG

Mhjr74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anybody have a setup with 305 in the front and 325 in the rear?

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Installed Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Positions on today.

295/30-19 - front
305/30-19 - rear

I like they way they look. Here's photos of the front.

The 295's do seem to help a little with the front poke. Do you have any full side pics with this setup?

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I was in a bind last Sept. with a hurricane, bought 255/45/18's for the rear. Bridgestone pole positions and have had no complaints, but I'd still like more "launch grip" & am trying to get alignment setup for R/T car specs. As in I drive in the Hill Country for my job & want great handling & launch. Now I am torn between Launch & grip in the corners, can't have both but I'd like to get as close as possible. Any negative camber setup experience here for research? I have new SVE progressive springs.

Spixelz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone installed any stone guards on their PP2? If so, which are you using? Pics please!

Last edited:

JD_GTPP2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro, 2SS/1LE
Performance Pack 2 with RokBlokz rock guards

Has anyone installed any stone guards on their PP2? If so, which are you using? Pics please!

Here are some of my PP2 with RokBlokz front guards. I did not install the rears yet as it requires removing the wheels. What I really like about them is they are the same color as the lower edge molding/skirts on the car so they look like they belong.
IMG_0776.jpg
IMG_0778.jpg
IMG_0780.jpg

Last edited:

Mhjr74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=35117]JD_GTPP2[/MENTION], Did you go with 305 all around?

93tankus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP2
First Track Day Planning

Hey Everyone!

Just picked my 2018 PP2 a couple days ago! Really excited about it!

Hoping to do a HPDE in a couple of weeks. Planning on taking it nice and easy! With that said, do I need to flush brake fluid and change brake pads for more track-centric set-up? Like I said, I won't be driving terribly hard, but I do want to enjoy the car without experiencing brake fade.

And guidance is much appreciated!

Thanks!

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R
What are you guys paying? I’ve seen a few on autotrader with an Msrp of $47,xxx and an asking price of around $40k. I know there aren’t many 18’s available due to the delay in production but this isn’t going to be some limited run package going forward? I’d assume they’d be readily available in MY 2019

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
What are you guys paying? I’ve seen a few on autotrader with an Msrp of $47,xxx and an asking price of around $40k. I know there aren’t many 18’s available due to the delay in production but this isn’t going to be some limited run package going forward? I’d assume they’d be readily available in MY 2019
Actually, the PP2 package is a limited availability package. I don't know what kind of quantities are planned, but Magneride as well is a controlled commodity option with limited availability. I haven't seen many sitting on lots, and any that are dealer stock orders seem to be going pretty quickly. As for price, my retail order MY18 301A with PP2, active exhaust, and cloth Recaros stickered for $47,080. I bought it for $42,500 less $3,000 rebate and $750 private cash for a net price (before TTL) of $38,750. I think I did pretty well on price, particularly since I was one of those who ordered free Recaros and Ford started charging for them before I took delivery. My dealer went above and beyond and ate the cost of the Recaros in hopes that they could get the money back from Ford. I need to find out how that eventually worked out for them. I'm guessing those you are seeing are net of the current rebates (still $3,000 in my area).