ATI 1FW411-SCI Procharger Vs Whipple

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
I’m going whipple, I have my pennies saved. Will most likely wait till Black Friday sale... that’s when you get the best deal.
What’s the average install time for self install on a whipple?
Sponsored

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I’m going whipple, I have my pennies saved. Will most likely wait till Black Friday sale... that’s when you get the best deal.
It's hard to say because typically there is a lot of beer drinking and BSing with these installs. There is nothing hard about the install but there are a lot of steps which just takes time. It's really not that bad. My buddy and I did mine last week we started on a Thursday here is how it went down:

Thursday night- We put about 2.5 hours in, got the car completely tore down.

Friday day I worked on the car alone for 5 hours. Did the brakes, oil change,did the plugs, painted the brakes, painted the overflow and coil covers.

Friday night we put in another 2 hours or so on the actual blower. We did the heater hoses, changed the T-stat, and moved the knock sensors.

Saturday- we both put in around 10 hours and when we left the blower was on and ready to fire.

Sunday- Filled with coolant, fired it up, put the nose back on, wired the ZT-2. Honestly if we had a deadline we could have been done in 2 hours but we patted ourselves on the back and drank beer most of the time so we were there until mid afternoon.

If you have help and your organized I think 20 hours would be on the high side for this install.

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I like the sounds and the power delivery of a Centri but I also never had a twin screw. Im looking at almost 9k for a wipple setup as well
How are people paying 9k for Whipple setups? They have 15% off sales like every month. I got my stage 2 kit for $6,950 shipped to my door.

Took me about 16ish hours over the course of a week. No help at all.

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
How are people paying 9k for Whipple setups? They have 15% off sales like every month. I got my stage 2 kit for $6,950 shipped to my door.
Can you PM me where you got that deal please? Thanks

808muscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Whipple, 2006 GT Blown and cammed
Will take at least 2 full days for a first timer whipple install. Like others have said its not difficult just a shit ton of steps. I purchased through Beefcake and he took care of me, got my stage 2 shipped at a great price just like others.

As far as whipple vs Procharger. What you should consider is the tune. I cannot speak for the Procharger tune, but The Whipple tune is SPOT ON. No need for datalogs, dyno sessions, revisions etc....they nailed it!! Pulls like a freight train, 100% safe and 50 state legal.

Sponsored

OP
OP
StickShiftyFifty

StickShiftyFifty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang pp

Took me about 16ish hours over the course of a week. No help at all.
Yea pm me that deal too

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
For me its super easy. The Whipple install issues are overblown. Seriously it is more steps but I think its all in the noise. Heater hoses are like the only item I remember cutting. They are cheap. PC has folks that complain about other issues. I think its a matter of two pretty darned good setups. Neither have you cutting or grinding shit from the block........

I have a gt350, with a manual I want instantaneous torque / power delivery. The linear power-band doesn't really matter for me. If anything I think the car is perfect, except the power-band it a bit too linear, then hits 4500, and spikes. Honestly on a track you can tune torque delivery via the ecu anyway. Fundamentally though a centri will always build boost later. I have friends that have PC setups on their 350 and love them.

Ask yourself, when I drive, what RPM do I want to be in when shit hits the fan?

If its under 3.5-4k the answer is probably PD. If you like a more linear roll in, hitting its stride later in the RPM band the answer may be Centri.

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
Will take at least 2 full days for a first timer whipple install. Like others have said its not difficult just a shit ton of steps. I purchased through Beefcake and he took care of me, got my stage 2 shipped at a great price just like others.

As far as whipple vs Procharger. What you should consider is the tune. I cannot speak for the Procharger tune, but The Whipple tune is SPOT ON. No need for datalogs, dyno sessions, revisions etc....they nailed it!! Pulls like a freight train, 100% safe and 50 state legal.
Didn’t mean to highjack, thanks for the info!
I hear there are issues running whipple tune if you are catless?

OP
OP
StickShiftyFifty

StickShiftyFifty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang pp
:ninja:

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Can you PM me where you got that deal please? Thanks
Yea pm me that deal too
No need to pm, I got it through Hypermotive. All the vendors will be the same price though when Whipple is doing their 15% off sales. Mine is a gen 2 kit and I think the msrp has gone up a couple hundo since I bought mine, but still should be able to get a stage 2 kit for around $7,200.

Agreed, tune is definitely perfect in my car. Put down 725rwhp with Whipple and full exhaust.
Didn’t mean to highjack, thanks for the info!
I hear there are issues running whipple tune if you are catless?
Not that I know. I'm catless with the Whipple tune and it runs perfectly fine. I just used a set of $50 rear O2 spacers.

Sponsored

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Ive had a Vortech in the past on a fox body anf i Loved the power it made just was super loud in idle. How do the new ones stack up?
The PC I have on the car I drive has the "Helical" gear option...

I literally can't hear the blower at idle or cruise.
Not till its up in the rpm to you here a faint "whine"

I wanted it quiet, and I even blacked out the intercooler.
Cause I didn't want people trying to race me all the time.
Since usually my kiddo is in the car with me.

To put in perspective how quiet the blower is.
The sound of the fan from the cooled seats is louder.

OP
OP
StickShiftyFifty

StickShiftyFifty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang pp
Thanks well looks like a have more research to do, im leaning towards procharger as of now just for price but it i can do a wipple for same price i may go that route.
I also hear that the power delivery of a wipple is harder on the engine enternals

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Thanks well looks like a have more research to do, im leaning towards procharger as of now just for price but it i can do a wipple for same price i may go that route.
I also hear that the power delivery of a wipple is harder on the engine enternals
I'm not sure how much harder it is, but I'd tend to agree with you somewhat due to the higher stress at lower rpms. People have torched motors with both setups with out of the box power though so I'd say if you don't abuse your car too bad it'll live for quite some time with either setup.

I was in the same boat as you. Contemplated PC and Whipple. I knew I was gonna wait for a Black Friday sale to get the best price either way, and when it came time, the whipple was actually cheaper than a PC once you include everything you need(injectors, tuner w/ tuning, plugs, bap). I also equipped my prospective PC with a D1 in black so that added to the PC cost. With the Whipple being cheaper and having owned a centri car before, it was a no brainer for me...

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
Myself and two mechanically-inclined friends knocked it out in about 12 hours.

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
We can do the Carb EO now for both P1SC1 and P1X in full systems. :)
Is there a Carb EO compliant system that doesn't use the factory airbox? I just dont like the looks of it in the HO system :shrug:
Sponsored