Sponsored

Sync 3 + Waze

control4userguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
I don't get this thread. Waze is not native to Sync3. Instead, it works through Sync3 and the app resides on your phone/tablet. Been that way...

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Looks like Waze is working with Sync 3 now through the mobile apps (for people with iPhones).
Actually it looks like Waze still hasn't released the final Sync 3 functionality update for iOS. Apparently that's coming by the end of the month. The app is crashing for me but I also don't have the latest Sync 3 3.0 build yet.

What about for those with Android?
If you use Android, you can just use the app through Android Auto. It's people with iOS who have been waiting for this update.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
I don't get this thread. Waze is not native to Sync3. Instead, it works through Sync3 and the app resides on your phone/tablet. Been that way...
For people with Androids. This is for iOS devices to be able to use Waze on the screen since Apple is retarded and wont let anybody use anything other than their garbage maps app.

OP
OP

fordracerguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FJG M1
Actually it looks like Waze still hasn't released the final Sync 3 functionality update for iOS. Apparently that's coming by the end of the month. The app is crashing for me but I also don't have the latest Sync 3 3.0 build yet.
I used Waze last night and this morning on my iPhone with CarPlay turned off. It is a little sluggish, but still very cool.

Sponsored

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I used Waze last night and this morning on my iPhone with CarPlay turned off. It is a little sluggish, but still very cool.
Yup, I used it yesterday as well with CarPlay turned off but at one point it just froze and I had to turn the car off and then turn it back on. The rest of the infotainment system was working fine though.

OP
OP

fordracerguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 FJG M1
Yup, I used it yesterday as well with CarPlay turned off but at one point it just froze and I had to turn the car off and then turn it back on. The rest of the infotainment system was working fine though.
I experienced a bit of weirdness also. My phone got awfully warm - warmer than normal GPS apps. Also, I wanted to listen to Spotify this morning, so I turned CarPlay back on, but things got really slow. I think the head unit was doing double duty, speaking CarPlay protocol and the new Waze protocol.