Sponsored

BUYER BEWARE: Maryland Speed

50Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Corsair & 1990 Mustang GT. 2019 Mustang GT PP2 (Sold), 2019 Lincoln MKZ (Sold), 2017 Mustang GT PP (Sold), 2009 Civic Si (Sold)
I was recommended Maryland Speed by a co-worker for their exhaust inventory and deals. My plan was to purchase headers and have them installed by the shop. I submitted my information in their contact us page late this evening, and was pleasantly surprised that I got a phone call after store hours.

I spoke with Branden F., and he made it very clear that he was trying to make a deal tonight. I asked for a quote on Kooks headers along with Borla Atak axle-back. He was very quick with showing me what discounts I was receiving as well as helped me sort out what will fit with my current set up; with that being said, he was growing impatient as I was asking more questions regarding to labor and different options. We all know exhausts aren't cheap; I asked Brendan if I could have a couple of minutes to think about the purchase and call him back. The prices for the headers given were competitive, however, I was not doing what I originally sought out to do, which was to get the labor done as well. I did receive a quote for the labor, but it was not something I was willing to drive to MD for.

Branden became unprofessional throughout the rest of the phone call. He complained how he never gets a call back from customers, as they normally shop and disappear. I did explain to him that if I'm spending close to $2k, I at least need just a few minutes to make sure I don't do anything impulsive. He did cut me off, again stating that he will never hear back from me. The call ended with him telling me IF I call back again, to dial back and hit the extension.

Co-workers and I agreed the price given was competitive... but again, Branden's attitude toward my purchase left a very foul taste in my mouth. At the end of the day, I can purchase the same headers elsewhere, and I'd choose to do it with a shop that I'm happy with. I gave Branden the call back, thanking him for his time and his help with the exhaust selection, but that I would have to decline the offer given. He then began to vent, saying how I wasted his time with him staying 3+ hours after work hours for him not to get an immediate sale. I explained that I'm choosing not to do business because of the tone he had.

He could have saved the deal, but instead started complaining again about customers, his commission on a deals, etc. I feel for him, but right after I heard that, I knew I made the right decision. He ended the call, thanking me. At least he waited until I told him to have a great evening and thanked him again for his time before he hung up.

I don't post often enough on the forums, but I had to share this. I would not do business with this shop from the early bad customer service.
I can only imagine the headache involved if I were to have any issues or questions after I made a purchase.
Sponsored

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
This is so reminiscent of my last transaction with them.

I ordered a cat-back for my truck from them. I was given a ship date approximately 3 weeks away, but I was fine with that because it was a good deal, I like supporting small businesses, AND they told me up front. Well, at 4 weeks I still had received no shipping information OR exhaust so I called. I was told there was a mix-up and it would be shipped within a week. We played that game for another month until I finally got the "owner" (I'm skeptical) and got shitty with me while also telling some sob-story about a family member dying and him being behind. I backed off, said I understood, and was told 1 more week. We played the game FOR ANOTHER MONTH before I became heated and said "either send me my exhaust TODAY, cancel my order and refund my money TODAY, or I will be both calling the BBB and disputing the charge with my credit card company TOMORROW."
I was shipped an exhaust that day.
I will *never* do business with them again.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Yep, my purchase ordeal on Kooks headers and corsa catback was TERRIBLE.

Had to get a reverse charge filed with the bank to get some action after 3 months of no product shipping.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hate seeing these posts because back in my GTO days Maryland Speed was outstanding and extremely helpful. I have a few of their shirts and did plenty of business.

Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I contacted them about long tube pricing a while back and my spider sense went off. Oh, and inventory..LOL

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
Hate seeing these posts because back in my GTO days Maryland Speed was outstanding and extremely helpful. I have a few of their shirts and did plenty of business.
Exactly. It was probably a decade or more ago when I first did business with them. I ordered full exhaust and some other stuff from them for my '04 Z06.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Went through somewhat the same BS with that clown. He wanted to make a "quick sale", but I ended going through weeks of his piss poor excuses, lies and complaining. Got the Kook's headers eventually, but never did spend another dime with that a** crack.

SHONOFF15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 OW GT
That guy is a piece of shit, and this is coming from my own personal experience.

There is a movie quote that sums up my feelings towards him and his company...

"...as one gentleman to another, I just wanna say, I really hope you fucking get Lou Gehrig’s disease."

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
I had the same experience back when I had my 06 GTO too. But unfortunately, I went through the same experience most have had. It took me about 10 weeks to get my Kooks headers. I wasn't happy.
Sponsored